Taiwan (Republic of China)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

I am planning for my year end trip to Taipei with family Dec 9 to Dec 16. But the air tickets by SQ is so so expensive, does anyone knoe if there will be NATAs airfare promo for SQ from the past years records? Currently the prices are $1200 per adult, even Jetstar is $1000! I used to travel to Taipei in Dec few yrs ago and it was only $800 plus....If there is a chance SQ gives promo for Dec fares I will continue to wait or else I will shuffle my dates a bit to get cheaper fares..

And has anyone stayed in the Lee Foo Hotel with safari park theme before? Imagine having giraffes right outside your room..!Thanks for the advice in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zzzz View Post
      Hi all

I am planning for my year end trip to Taipei with family Dec 9 to Dec 16. But the air tickets by SQ is so so expensive, does anyone knoe if there will be NATAs airfare promo for SQ from the past years records? Currently the prices are $1200 per adult, even Jetstar is $1000! I used to travel to Taipei in Dec few yrs ago and it was only $800 plus....If there is a chance SQ gives promo for Dec fares I will continue to wait or else I will shuffle my dates a bit to get cheaper fares..

And has anyone stayed in the Lee Foo Hotel with safari park theme before? Imagine having giraffes right outside your room..!Thanks for the advice in advance!

u can try scoot. they are offering airfares to taiwan this coming monday.

i'm heading to taiwan in august and i'm looking at the Leo Foo resort theme hotel. seems pretty cool but the rates are exorbitant. at least $450per room per night.

Comment

• Originally posted by green_tea View Post
        u can try scoot. they are offering airfares to taiwan this coming monday.

i'm heading to taiwan in august and i'm looking at the Leo Foo resort theme hotel. seems pretty cool but the rates are exorbitant. at least $450per room per night.
        Wow thanks for the info! Scoot seems not bad. Will check it out. My bro was saying we can even try Scoot Biz class..there's young and old going so better get some comfy seats for them.

LeoFoo only problem for me is the transport..Heard it's nearer to the airport so maybe I will make it the first stop then continue my trip to Taipei from there. Won't have to check out of Taipei hotel halfway too.

Comment

• Heading to Taiwan!

Hi, I'll be gg to taiwan this thursday and stayin in taipei park hotel (near MRT Daan station).

1. I just wanna check which is the fastest and most efficient way to travel from taoyuan airport to taipei park hotel?

2. i only have 4d3n there so i'm planning to visit mainly wufenpu, shilin night market, raohe night market, jiufen (if there is time), hello kitty cafe, ximending area. Any tips on what time to go for shopping and food.

3. Any must-buys/must eats in taipei?

TIA

Comment

• Hi guys i'm back from my 4d3n in taipei.

Thurs - touched down taoyuan, took a cab instead to Park Taipei near Daan station. Fixed price 1200twd. Pls rem to buy the data card from airport as it is very hard to buy it outside. Need both Passport and IC/Driving Licence. Rested abit, went out in search for the card but did not find. Instead stumbled upon this mung bean and pearl barley dessert (super nice!) and hello kitty cafe. Also went to SOGO but i feel nothing much. Went wufenpu via cab..like a maze and unless u buy in bulk the prices some are not really cheaper than sin. But the place quite messy..can walk to raohe market nearby. There got fried oreos, bbq squid, 50lan bubble tea, roasted pork and more goodies. The smallest night market i went to actually.

Fri - Went to jiufen via cab for 6pax, hotel arranged for us at 2800twd including two-way travel and 2 hour stop at jiufen. ALOT of food..bought alot of snacks etc. the very first shop we went to with a swing outside is the best so far. try their octopus, taro dessert, drink some tea etc and take more photos. Head back to hotel and after resting we went to shilin in the evening. BEST market with lots food, hotstar chicken, oyster omelette, fried milk, cheese potato etc..shopping also not bad. Price is similar to wufenpu some are even cheaper. Stopped by sasa and watsons too masks and all are cheap.

Saturday - took train to ximending..quite nice ate the ji guang chicken (so so only) and 50lan bought shoes, accessories etc. headed to taipei 101 via train but didnt go up observatory tower just went to take pics and go the the ticketing counter area for photos n look see look see. the shopping centre mainly all branded goods. at night went to Shida market (crowd is much younger) but is the nicest for me in terms of clothes cause its all small boutique-ish one. n is cheap and more classy then shilin. food wise much less variety..but is not so messy as compared to wufenpu/shilin.

Sunday - went back to the mug bean dessert shop for one last round, bought tea eggs from 7-11 then last stop at cosmed before heading to airport. If u like, can buy tai yang bing at airport.

btw, the weather there is sooo freaking hot pls bring sunnies, and hat if not will melt! HTH :D

Comment

• Dear All,

Which bdget airlines is the best to take to Taiwan? Thanks ! Any reasonably good hotels to recommend? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by potato2008 View Post
                Dear All,

Which bdget airlines is the best to take to Taiwan? Thanks ! Any reasonably good hotels to recommend? Thanks!
                depends where u're staying on and your budget? for airline, i took tiger airways..i think its the cheapest so far but depends on if other airlines have promos? tiger not too bad, the flight is quite short and they departed both sin and tpe on time..arrived slightly earlier than expected. :D

Comment

• Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• my sis have micro-sim card (for iphone) for taiwan da ge da, remaining stored value is NTD1465.87 expiry oct 01 2012, letting go at S$60. i have printscreen as prove of the stored value

u can use the store value to apply for unlimited 3G usage in taiwan.
                    those w normal phone need to get a sim card adapter.
                    if u cant finish the value, u can pass the card bk to me again.

do pm me if keen. Thks

Comment

• I intend to cover taipei, hualian and taichung. Which should i go first and how should i get to taichung and hualian?

Comment

• Has anyone stayed at love motel? is it near the shopping areas?

Comment

• u can go taichung first , to hualien then to taipei.

You can take train to taichung.

1 way is from taoyuan airport > bus to taoyuan HSR station > HSR to taichung.

hualien transport is not so good, you might want to consider booking a cab uncle.

hotel or mingsu i recommend, so far these are the few i stayed before...

Taipei:
                          CityInn Hotel
                          Rainbow Hotel (Never stay before, but heard good reviews)

TaiChung:
                          Tomatoes Room

Alishan:
                          Xin Xin MinSu

Cingjing:
                          Starry Minsu (Guan Xing Yuan)

Comment

• Hi babes

I'll be going visiting taiwan with my mum next month from 24th Dec to 3Jan (11 Days)

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Cause we're not sure where is a good place to visit...

TIA

Comment

• you prefer shopping or scenic trip?
                              and how many days are you going?

have you seen snow before? first time to taiwan?

Comment

• Tomato room will be closing soon. So would not be available **** le....

Comment

Working...
                                X