How should mommies dress ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should mommies dress ?

Today I brought my 2 year old boy to zoophonics class, was shocked when I saw a mommy sitting on the floor with her boy. She was wearing super low rise jeans, and her entire buttock was exposed !!! I don't mean just a view of the crack, the view was all the way to the bottom. She was probably unaware of it, and I was too embarassed to tell her

Another mommy was wearing a strapless top, and a super short mini skirt. But she was quite aware of it, and she tried very hard not to sit or squat. The thing about mommies accompanying toddlers to playschool, is that we are often asked to sit on the floor.

I don't mean to sound insulting. But mommies of toddlers very often need to sit, squat, bend. So to prevent any indecent exposure, I feel that mommies should pay more attention to their dressing style, and avoid low cut tops, super short mini skirts, super low rise jeans. I don't mean to be conservative, I think it is perfectly fine for a mommy to look sexy, but I guess no one wants to expose herself unnecessarily, right ?

Or may be I am really getting old, almost 40 years old already.
    Last edited by tamarind; 25-03-2007, 04:54 PM.

I share the same sentiments too. Am so shocked by the clothes that these moms wear and sometimes even my girls aged 8 and 9 ask me why these mommies dress this way.....

Comment

i think mummies shld dress simple chic.. no point fighting for unnecessary attention. i have seen supersexy mummies at playgroup, tube with hipster pants. looks hips but keep pulling up the tube top. what if got wardrobe malfunction then how? cannot imagine.

Comment

Exactly! SIMPLE CHIC sounds good. I usually wear jeans with a nice top, sometimes it's spaghetti or even halter neck but always in place and always covering enough hehehehe

Comment

I think mommies should always "test" their outfit, by bending or squating or sitting, to make sure there is no "wardrobe malfunction"

I have seen mommies who dress sexily, their little girls are also dressed sexily ! I guess their daughters would not complain.

Comment

LOL I'm a daughter, i would love my mommy to be hip like me!

But for young moms, it'll probably be better to set good example to their young kids. =)

Comment

i think although mommies can dress in any fashion they want, they do have to remember that they are mommies and have to set an example for their children. i cant imagine if my mom were to dress too sexily (over the top i mean) and expose her butt crack or something- i would perhaps grow up thinking that it's ok to expose myself. (although dressing sexily is ok :D )

Comment

I think it is fine if the mummy wants to dress sexily. But over exposure is a totally different thing. Like some of you said, we have the responsibility to set a good example for our children. For me, I dress according to the "activity" level of my 2 sons. One is 10 months and the other one is 4 yrs old. Both are super active so I cannot possibly wear low cut tops, tubes, super low rise jeans. Hehe... In short, I think mummies should dress according to how active their kids are. Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

I don't think mommies should dress too over sexily. It's not really nice for your kids to see. I will still dress like the old me - camisole or corset with jeans or skirt. But just don't overdo it like showing your butt crack etc(that's plain disgusting)

Now i'm preggie(coming to 6 mths) & can you girls believe that im still wearing tops(not corsets anymore) + knee length skirt(or maybe mini skirt when im up to the mood) becus my stomach does not really show.

Comment

Actually I saw some young ladies wearing super low rise jeans, so low that their butt crack is exposed when they sit. I thought it is fashionable for young people to expose a bit of butt crack Just like exposing the cleavage

I got a fat tummy, never dare to wear low rise jeans

Comment

it's precisely cos i got fat tummy that i wear low-rise, otherwise i can't do up my jeans over the flab!!

Comment

Originally posted by tamarind View Post
                        I have seen mommies who dress sexily, their little girls are also dressed sexily ! I guess their daughters would not complain.
                        I have no problem with sexy mummies but I really can't stand the sight of little girls wearing high heels and slips of clothing exposing themselves, trying to be like adult women. I've seen children like this and sadly know one such child who likes to wear exposing halters on her *pre-pre pubescent* frame and it just looks awful. The worst thing? The halter is so loose you can see everything inside, a sure lure for paedophiles! When I broached the subject to her mother, she simply told me, "She want to let people see, let people see l.or!" For the record, her mother does not dress sexily but allows her daughter to wear skimpy clothes...although, far from what the girl thinks, she is anything but sexy in what she wears.

Comment

I totally agree with little girls wearing high heels. They look extremely uncomfortable and it must be quite bad for their growing bodies to walk around in such shoes.

Comment

i prefer 2 dress trendy when im outside. im only 23 so dun wanna make myself looked more older by covering myself up .

but when i know that i will expose some cleavage when i bend down, i normally will asked my hubby to carry the kids while i push the pram or find a spot whereby when u bend or squat, nobody will c it

Comment

Tamarind
                              was shocked when I saw a mommy sitting on the floor with her boy. She was wearing super low rise jeans, and her entire buttock was exposed
                              hahaa, i can imagine what you saw !! Have seen some mummies dress like that too ... mmm... not classy AT ALL !!
                              i mean, even if she was NOT a mummy, i dont think she sld have overexposed herself like that !!

As for me, i wld like to think that i can dress trendy even though most times i'm in nursing tops

Comment

Working...
                              X