Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHFC or CFP

Hi Ladies,

I would very much like to know if acquiring CHFC or CFP certification is more viable/recognisable in the financial planning field.

Many thanks!

Comment

• hi i'm selling FTC 2.5 Study Text and Exam Kit. It's the most recent one and brand new. Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] =)

Comment

• Who is taking CFA in dec?

I'm planning to take the dec exam, who's taking? Perhaps we could form a study group. =)

Comment

• Hi mini,

About the CFA exam, can I ask how much you've paid in total for registration and classes and materials? (I intend to take up the revision classes package, do you think it works?)

Just want a rough gauge so I know what's the damage like. Intending to take either 2007 Dec or 2008 June. If it works out we can study together! YAY!

Comment

• if i just graduated from NTU, how long do you think i'll take to compete the CFA exam? will i be marginally faster than others?

Comment

• Hello Tiramisu,

There's a one time registration fee plus exam fee. The earlier you register the cheaper it is. The first early bird discount ends on 15 March 2007. I paid a total of USD 760 (USD390+USD370 respectively) Try to register early if you're really keen. =)
              The fee schedule is here for candiates registering by 15 August and 17 September: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/register/fees.html

Revision courses cost a bomb! Thus I have no intention (yet) to sign up as most of my friends told me that it is quite manageable for Level 1. Level 2 is the killer. I intend to attend revision classes for Level 2 and 3.

I checked out the FTC website. Revision courses for Level 1 can start from $262.50 (which gives you only the mock exam papers) to the full suite at $3000+. If you want to attend the revision of 8 lessson will set you back by $800+.
              Check out the various packages for your needs: http://www.ftcsingapore.com/cfa/cfa_fee2.asp

Cost of self study:
              USD760 (payable to CFA institute)
              CFA study guides/notes: SGD400+
              The total cost is much cheaper! Partly why i'm not very interested to sign up for the courses is i'm not sure the effectiveness and quality of the lecturers, imagine i pay so much and i found the lesson not useful.... *bang the wall* Any cotters attend FTC's revision lesson before? Any feedback? If it's really good, i don't mind attending! I really hope that you signed up for the Dec 2007 exam and we can mug together! =)

Comment

• soliloquy3, which faculty did you graduate from? it'll be useful if you have some finance/economics background. It's better to start early as you can remember your uni/JC stuff more clearly, otherwise you'll be like me, i have this "lost touch" feeling with the books!

Comment

• hi mini, technically i've not graduated yet but will be matriculating in accountancy

Comment

• Professional finance/accounting courses

hi....i hv just graduated frm poly with a diploma in accountancy & finance and i would like to further my studies in ACCA....hv anyone graduate frm ACCA and how do u find ACCA.....

Comment

• i also think of taking course at FTC. apparently the lecturer is not bad as i went to the preview talk.

Comment

• Need advise for ACCA

hi....anyone tking ACCA.....i'm a fresh graduate from poly with a diploma in accountancy.....thought of taking part-time ACCA...i have some questions:

- heard that we need to register for the membership and it takes 3 to 4 months to approve (is it true)
                        - may i know how do we apply
                        - which schools should i choose because i'm confused and lost

pls give me advise.....tks alot and really appreciate it!!!
                        Last edited by melodyy; 04-04-2007, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone want a Texas Instrument BAII plus calculator?

I bought one but dun need it anymore cos i am not taking my CFA exam this year afterall. I have not opened it. It is still in the hard plastic cover; haven't even cut it open yet. I can sell it for $50. I doubt you can get it any cheaper than this in any shop. Pls PM me.

If anyone is taking the CFA level one in June or December this year, and have not bought the books, pls PM me as well I have the CFA institute texts. I haven't even turned a page. I paid like $600 for them, inclusive of shipping. I can now sell for $450. Pls PM me.

Pls dun ask me to photocopy. Its against CFA rules. If you or i get caught, we will be struck off the registrar for life. Can forget about being called to the Charter already lo..

Comment

• Originally posted by melodyy View Post
                            hi....anyone tking ACCA.....i'm a fresh graduate from poly with a diploma in accountancy.....thought of taking part-time ACCA...i have some questions:

- heard that we need to register for the membership and it takes 3 to 4 months to approve (is it true)
                            - may i know how do we apply
                            - which schools should i choose because i'm confused and lost

pls give me advise.....tks alot and really appreciate it!!!
                            1) The membership will only take a few weeks....not that long
                            2) When you enrol for lesson in the school, your school will ask you if u are already a member, if u are not, yr school wil handle the application for you
                            3) Depending on your budget, there are a few schools in singapore, the more famous one will be FTC, FTMS and SAA with SAA being the cheapest.

Comment

• Hi, I will be taking ACCA in July 2007. Most prob will be starting from F5. I've yet to select the schools. Anyone taking ACCA too and keen to be buddies?

Comment

• http://analystnotes.com/

anyone try this site??

Comment

Working...
                                X