Bakery & Cakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakery & Cakes

hi gals! I need to find the name and website of this bake shop that customises cakes in singapore. It was mentioned once in Her World mag before but I forgot the name of the shop! It's a bakery that can customize your cakes in any design you want them, e.g in the form of a chanel handbag, a treasure chest etc. Each cake costs about $100. Anyone noes? It's not The Patissier....

They all look so adorable.

Nice as they look, I wonder about the taste though. I bought a cake recently from SwissBake at the basement of Takashimaya, :puke: What a waste of money!

Comment

they look so nice that I can't bear to cut them!

but really, the taste of a cake is important. have you try them out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ibonne
        they look so nice that I can't bear to cut them!

but really, the taste of a cake is important. have you try them out yet?
        well we are ordering 1 for my collegue's bday early Feb, so I will post the feedback here after that. We are doing a Gucci bag design......

Comment

Originally posted by Jadeite
          well we are ordering 1 for my collegue's bday early Feb, so I will post the feedback here after that. We are doing a Gucci bag design......
          Sounds really good! So you just provide the picture of the design you want?

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
            Sounds really good! So you just provide the picture of the design you want?
            yep u pass her the pic, the lady will develop the mold and custom bake it to the design u want. That's also why the cake so ex, 2kg for $150 min order.

Comment

the baby cake are so cute

Comment

These cakes are fun.

But they looked like they are made from marzipan (paste of ground almonds and sugar) and personally, I don't think marzipan taste good. But, I am definitely waiting for Jadeite's feedback.

Comment

This is really interesting...hope it tastes good too! A great gift idea..but a little too expensive though. The most "customised" cake I've ordered so far is from Sweet Secrets whereby the shape of the cake is a rather standard but you get to customise the picture of the cake. For me, I gave them a picture of SO and myself and they made a cake with our picture printed on it!Can't really bear to eat it though.
                  Jadeiti,don't forget to report back the taste of it!

Comment

how much was the cake , Peace?
                    am keen to get one for SO's bday!

Comment

hi gals! As promised, here is a review of the cake - min order was 2kg cake for $150, we had it in chocolate (the baker's specialty) and did in a gucci bag design. The entire surface of the cake is coated in marzipan which was really too sweet, but the chocolate portion of the cake was just nice, and very thick dense brownie-like texture. The chocolate portion was fairly good, not overly rich nor sweet. The design was very well done right down to the last detail It was really pretty that it broke our hearts to cut it up! I got a pic of the cake...but can anyone tell me how do I post the picture here? :huh:
                      Jadeite
                      Cozy Rookie
                      Last edited by Jadeite; 06-02-2004, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Oh.. This bakery...

My sis ordered a cake from there for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Everyone said it was too sweet but I like it..

Kept the leftovers in the fridge and it taste even better! Like Sara Lee cake.. Haha

Momo Mimosa
                        Cozy Rookie
                        Last edited by Momo Mimosa; 06-02-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Birthday Cakes

Where can I get unique looking n yummy birthday cakes?

Comment

kill me mango....150 for a 2kg cake! hmm actually think about it if i do a 2kg cake at patissier also nearly that price huh.....

any other recommendations?

Comment

I like cakes from NYDC and bakers Inn.
                              Maybe u should go check out their outlets.

Comment

Working...
                              X