Rid those ANTS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rid those ANTS!!

How do you get rid of those ants in the kitchen?? There is no food, but there is always a line of ants again and again. I think they come from my neighbour downstairs and the rubbish shoot (how you spell huh?) I have a dog too.

you can get the granule type of powdery/sandy ant poison from supermarket. It works well for my home.

Comment

same here....i try as hard as possible to keep the kitchen top clean. even on days when i don't cook, there is a trail of ants....
      i placed a ant poison item which i got from NTUC. but not much use.
      bebelatte: any brand to recommend.

Comment

hi postpet, I can't remember the brand now but the box is yellow in color with pictures of ants on it. it's very cheap,it cost less than $2.

Comment

You can try combat Ant mini. Its convenient and easy.

I tried it and there are no ants anymore.

Comment

just an hour ago i was out in the garden feeding ants

dropping the poison granules and watching them pick it up carrying back to the nest may they rest in peace

Comment

I went to Cold Storage but didnt see the powdery/grain like one. They only have the ones in plastic shell-like ones and they dont seem to work in my case.

Comment

I can't seem to be able to get rid of the ants crawling around the walls near my built-in TV console. Only discovered them about 2 weeks ago. I think they are nesting behind the baseboards of the TV console. Have already called in the pest control people to do the residual sprays and set up baits but I still see them crawling around

Comment

Combat mini works for my home too. bought a box and placed a few, ard 4 to 6 at different ant trails and volia, no ants for almost half a year now.

you must place combat right in the middle of their trails, takes 3 days to work. BUT ants are very smart, few days later, they took another route but very few ants left. So you take another combat mini (must be brand new ones) to put in their new route.

Comment

Those ants are smarter than anything..... food poison doesnt work for long.I have tried baits, pellets, liquid poison, spray and as far as getting some honey like poison from Australia, yet they are still around. Even when there is no food, they seem happy just with water around the house. i have to leave water for my dog and my water/ice dispenser seems like a happening place for the ants too.

Talk about nesting places.... gooosh!! I have found them in my Tv remote controller, Epson print labelmaker, table lamp, boxes of unopened food, carton boxes, telephone, hole and cracks in the wall, metal table leg (enter at bolt and nut where it screws) hamster cage (bc there is water there) and they seem to be nesting in my fridge door now!! So what?? Dismantle the fridge door??

These ants are not in my house for the food, they are nestling here. The food comes from the house downstairs. I trace the ants out of my window, outside the building and it goes to the window downstairs............

Comment

Ants are truly smarter than most insects I suggest a pest control my dear... Nesting is kinda serious

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Bliss View Post
                        Those ants are smarter than anything..... food poison doesnt work for long.I have tried baits, pellets, liquid poison, spray and as far as getting some honey like poison from Australia, yet they are still around. Even when there is no food, they seem happy just with water around the house. i have to leave water for my dog and my water/ice dispenser seems like a happening place for the ants too.

Talk about nesting places.... gooosh!! I have found them in my Tv remote controller, Epson print labelmaker, table lamp, boxes of unopened food, carton boxes, telephone, hole and cracks in the wall, metal table leg (enter at bolt and nut where it screws) hamster cage (bc there is water there) and they seem to be nesting in my fridge door now!! So what?? Dismantle the fridge door??

These ants are not in my house for the food, they are nestling here. The food comes from the house downstairs. I trace the ants out of my window, outside the building and it goes to the window downstairs............
                        Miss Bliss, did you inform your neighbour about it? By the way, I just bought the Combat mini from Giant just now and have sticked 2 baits outside the hole where the ants are coming out from the TV console. Pray that it will work for me However, I have had got a bad experience using ant baits. Last year, I placed them on my kitchen top and they attracted so much ants that I nearly freaked out. They were even moving their eggs into my kitchen (from outside the window)

Comment

Sigh!! I have no idea what to tell some really old ladies in dialect, don't think it actually bothers them.

Yah!! Those white eggs, I have seen them dozen of times. They loved my pots of cactus in the house. They moved house from one pot to another.

Are the ants that you have... the black and really smelly type when you crush them? I didn't know that they are really smelly till my cousin pointed it out to me.... sick man!!

Comment

Yes!!! We have got the same type of ants bothering us. I think they are called pharaoh ants.

Comment

How to get rid of ants in car?

Lately, i found ants in my car. Everytime i open the door, i will see 1 or 2 ants lurking around. I hope they are not building nest in some hidden corners.

Anyone has any tip to get rid of them?

Comment

Working...
                              X