No announcement yet.

Rid those ANTS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car is not a conducive environment for Ants thus i guess they should be there due to sweet or some bread crumbs.

try not to use pesticide unless you intend to kill the ANTS and YOUrself... just place your car under the sun and the ants will die ....or escape...

Comment

Yup someone ate in my car

Guess this weekend is suntan time for it. Thanks for the tip, mark.

Comment

argh, i hate ants D: agree with mark78, and take a vacuum cleaner to the entire interior (time for CNY spring cleaning too ;P) and basically make it so there is absolutely nothing ants can scavenge for to eat haha!

Comment

The Combat Mini works!

Comment

Ant Research

I did some small research on ant behaviours over the net. Well these are the followings...

Yup... Scout ants communicate with their fellow comrades using chemical signals called pheromones which they left on the trail from the food source to their nest. So... In my own opinion, if the ant poison you've got is so strong that it kills the ants within seconds, i can say the drug isn't effective in eradicating the ant problem.

Well, for the poison to be effective, the poison must be slow acting, so as the "scouts" will be 'kept alive' delivering the poison to their colonies and inviting their best friends along for suicide.

Comment

Yes you are right. The combat ant baits work based on this theory.

Comment

Apologies if this has been asked before, but where can we find this combat mini? Don't recall seeing it at Fairprice or Carrefour.

Comment

You can find it at NTUC, Giant and Carrefour. It comes in a silver shiny box. HTHs.

Comment

It didn't work for me though... any other recommendation?? The stupid ants even attack my water flask.. PLAIN WATER..

Comment

hmm recently my wooden mini drawers got infested with ants .. cos of moisture and they built a nest there

what my hubby did was put some ant baits nearby and after 2-3 days, clear out the drawers and use a warm damp cloth n wipe it .. then air dry or better still, sun dry the drawers

my fil bought the ant baits from places like prime and those traditional convenience stores ... not combat .. which i find is not as effective .. its in small clear boxes and the baits are yellowish bits .. it's very very effective cos u can literally see all the dead ants in their nest ...

for those interested .. i will try to take a pic n post up if possible

Comment

Yes!! Still having the ant problem in my house..... even after leaving the house empty for a month while I was away for holiday. Thought that they would be gone with no food nor water for a month...... To my horror.....even more of them than ever. Bought the Mortin Ant Bait. placed twelve all at the same time instead of the six adviced. It didnt work a bit..... the ants just detour on their way home.

Ribbons - ants do get thirsty too.....I have a doggie so I have no choice but to have water around all the time.

Comment

same problem..

ants are driving me nuts, they are everywhere

on my bed too, now i can't even sleep well
                          afraid that they will crawl into my ear and nest

Comment

i thought my ant problem was already bad enough till i see miss bliss's case!!
                            i have ants all over the bathroom... esp on my towel. super weird. in fact the towel box outside the bathroom is filled with ants. i could end up horrified after looking into the mirror because these tiny beasts transferred from my towel to my face!!

do you all think i could place ant baits in the bathroom or the door (it's a sliding door)? i can't seem to see a trail anywhere in the house, they are scattered all over, some here some there, a not very united ant family. haha

Comment

The liquid ant bait that I bought in Australia didnt work for long (didnt know that ants had such a high IQ). Those Morten ant bait from cold storage doesnt work either.

The ants attacked an unopened packet of orange flavored TIC-TAC. I mixed the liquid ant bait to the TIC TAC....... ITS WORKED.......

I now have a small hill of dead ants piled under the kitchen cabinets. Apparently, the ants will dispose their dead comrades at a designated site. There are those that have learned that the TIC-TACs are poisoned, so there are still some ants crawling around.

Can you believe it... the last time I found some ants nesting in my iron. When I was ironing clothes, I smelt these protein being burnt smell (just like hair being burnt) and then I have these crusty black bits coming out as I was ironing....... I didnt know that they were ants. I shake the iron and they came falling out of the stream holes.... they must have been toasted inside...hahahahaha!!!!
                              Last edited by Miss Bliss; 28-03-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Bliss View Post
                                The liquid ant bait that I bought in Australia didnt work for long (didnt know that ants had such a high IQ). Those Morten ant bait from cold storage doesnt work either.

The ants attacked an unopened packet of orange flavored TIC-TAC. I mixed the liquid ant bait to the TIC TAC....... ITS WORKED.......

I now have a small hill of dead ants piled under the kitchen cabinets. Apparently, the ants will dispose their dead comrades at a designated site. There are those that have learned that the TIC-TACs are poisoned, so there are still some ants crawling around.

Can you believe it... the last time I found some ants nesting in my iron. When I was ironing clothes, I smelt these protein being burnt smell (just like hair being burnt) and then I have these crusty black bits coming out as I was ironing....... I didnt know that they were ants. I shake the iron and they came falling out of the stream holes.... they must have been toasted inside...hahahahaha!!!!
                                OMG. Your situation is so bad! I have this permanent trail of ants in my room, at the side of my bathroom door, and I can't stand looking at it.

What do you guys suggest using other than combat mini?

Comment

Working...
                                X