Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowsdo_moo
    replied
    How does *** Yi Shao Guang thing look like? Can anyone describe? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dookie
    replied
    Argh, i just followed a small ant trail from my cosmetics drawer (they were just lingering around in that drawer, not attacking anything).... then all the way to the lowest drawer and found them all coming out from (strangely) a box of metallic paper clips that i used for securing my bills, papers.etc.

I sprayed insecticide at the box, and quickly stuffed it into an old ziplock. and when I shook it, my goosebumps all stood up when i saw hundreds of ant corpses and white eggs falling out from it. Eww.

I have tried a lot of methods, and the most effective way to deter ants, IMO, is sprinkle talcum powder on the surfaces they frequent. They hate talcum powder for some reason, and avoid it like crazy. After I killed them all, i just put the powder in the cracks and corners, and they never came back. Although, they go elsewhere .

Leave a comment:

• t3ardr0ps13
    replied
    recommendations for pest control pple?

Leave a comment:

• woodstock
    replied
    I hate those ants. I have ants crawling even when I put a empty cup on the table. I didn't drop any food on the table but the tiny ants keep on coming back.

I have tried combat and baygone ants killers. It worked for a few weeks only.

Leave a comment:

• vivavoomz
    replied
    evil feline: That's good to know.

summerain: I can't explain why but maybe you can try evil feline's method. Keep it in a ziplog bag for the time being and see if it still happens.

Leave a comment:

• evil_feline
    replied
    Originally posted by vivavoomz View Post
    I'd suggest you keep your Cleansing Oil away from the ants and see if they come back. If they keep hanging around, it's best to use the air poison. They're back because the smell is still lingering..

Small bugs are attracted to my L'oreal cleansing oil too. It's beyond my understanding.
    hi vivavoomz, i wrapped my cleansing oil tightly in a plastic bag last nite and when i woke up today there weren't so many ants anymore, only 1 or 2 nearby who seemed to have lost their way. that they don't come back.

i agree, they're attracted to the weirdest things. now i'm really conscious about anything that i bring into my room.

Leave a comment:

• summerain
    replied
    does anyone has this problem like mine? i actually have ants appearing around my lens casing each and everytime! There was once the ants actually managed to crawl into my lens casing and "swim" into the 2 pools of lens solution with my lens in it! I am very sure the caps are tightly screwed and i always always wash the casing after each use.

After this problem arise (and having to throw the lens before expiry date), i tried to change my lens casing once a month, switch to a new lens solution and most importantly, i change my location of placing my lens casing too! But i still find ants around the casing! Does the solution attracts ants or something?

Leave a comment:

• annika
    replied
    I find ants come out depending on season. It better in cool months like end of the year, but when its mid year, all the ants come out! I use several methods, seem to work mostly.
    1) the usual ant bait and the
    2) the rubber band method and
    3) the special anti-ant chalk which supposed to cut off their route. What I'm told about ant behaviour is that they leave behind a trail for their friends and use their 'nose' to pick up the trail. So when u disrupt the trail with chalk or wiping the area down with some cleaning agent, it sends them into a frenzy to try to pick up the trail again
    and 4) this one is the ultimate one if I get really desperate - I spray the outside of my door frames and window frames with insecticide. I actually lean out as far as I can and spray around the window/door frames, and mist the glass panes. It is VERY bad for the window/door frames (I think quite corrosive) and you can forget about having nice clear windows, but it seems to work. And I spray my rubbish chute too.

Leave a comment:

• vivavoomz
    replied
    I'd suggest you keep your Cleansing Oil away from the ants and see if they come back. If they keep hanging around, it's best to use the air poison. They're back because the smell is still lingering..

Small bugs are attracted to my L'oreal cleansing oil too. It's beyond my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• evil_feline
    replied
    i've been having an ant problem recently. i am so pissed!!

they're all over my dresser, where i display all my skincare and put on my makeup. it's really grossing me out big time and i'm wasting lots of time just killing them!! plus i found a couple of ants inside my wardrobe just now. argh!!

2 nites ago i thought i found the "culprit" that was attracting the ants - a rather sweet smelling bottle of cuticle oil that i've had for a few months. it's so weird, like it has been there all along, why they only come now?

so i got rid of the culprit thinking that the problem will go away but nooooo there are still stray ants all over the place and now they're victimising my DHC Cleansing Oil! luckily the gap between the cap and bottle is v small so they can't get in... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

i think i must have killed almost 100 ants with my bare hands in the past 3 days.

they don't come in a trail, they are scattered all over so there's no trail for me to follow to find the nest, if any..

has anyone ever had a sudden, unexplained appearance of ants? will the problem go away if you get rid of anything that could potentially attract them, or must you resort to methods like pesticide/poison? i don't really wanna put either around my dresser..

thanks ladies.

Leave a comment:

• xmanchuriax
    replied
    I didnt know so many others were suffering from ANTS problem too!

In my house, there are always ants and god knows where they come from.. We cant put any food outside! If leave french loaf outside, ants will attack it. Biscuits in air tight container also.. the ants will find way to enter in.. And best part, like another cotter, i found ANTS in my VACUMN SEALED box of POst Cereals.. *** heart pain! 2 unopened boxes no holes nothing.. and the ants chewed their way in.. $14 worth of cereals gone..

Then funny places i found ants and their nests etc !

-hot 5L water flask.. ants 'swimming' in there..
    -dvd player remote control
    -cardboard box of personal belongings
    -inside exercise books
    -in my bag!! (unused, stored in cupboard in room)
    -in my clothes cupboard (made a nest in the folds of my clothes)'
    -in my bookshelf, they made huge nests in the books!
    -and also they were attracted to the glue in my recipe book
    -toilet: just crawling in one line .. cant find the source.. somewhere up in the ceiling!

And there is no debris/ opened food left outside u know.. they just appear! i think they are attracted to paper, wood, dark places where we seldom touch.. even 2 weeks dont touch they can multiply like mad!

AARGH! its so pissing off cos kill also, always they will make new trail.. and yes i agree.. once u kill like 2-3 ants, the other ants in the trail can sense it.. and they 'ACT DEAD'.. or they hurry off in another direction.. so tiny but so smart..

How to outwit them once and for all? I bought daiso ants killer.. yet to try.. hope it works!

Leave a comment:

• celeia
    replied
    my mom uses yi shao guang too!! i think she mentioned buying it at a chinese medicine shop

recently ive been disturbed by spate of ants in my hostel room!! [cos of a box of mentos on the table, and cupcakes placed in a plastic container INSIDE a plastic bag!!] they come from outside, and its endless! they just keep coming! from the window and from outside the room door argh!

a few days later, i couldnt' finish up my polo sweets, i put it in a plastic bag and then on the same table at night before going to bed. who knows, by the next afternoon, ants crawling ON and INTO the plastic bag. Oh my god i was so pissed!! eat half only!!

when im lazy i take masking tape/scotchtape to tape them up FLAT and they die! When they die, they spread some pherome i think, so other ants know theres danger and fellow-ant has been killed, so i put that piece of masking tape somewhere along the trail where they'll come out from. doesnt work for long of course, but i think i kinda like the sadistic bit in this =x

Leave a comment:

• beauty4life
    replied
    pixiepixel,
    thanks for your help!! where can i get yi shao guang? it seems really effective for everyone here huh!

Leave a comment:

• clairify
    replied
    where exactly do i get yi shao guang?

Leave a comment:

• pixiepixel
    replied
    beauty4life, if you have the ants crawling up/down the wall, it only means that they are coming from a source
    i had it periodically at my house. so i will always follow the trail. they are very smart, can climb from outside my block, up to the corridor outside my unit, into my unit, and to my kitchen, up the walls, and into the laminate partitions i have in my kitchen. those corners, they bore in a hole. so i used silicon to seal up the hole, and smear honey with "yi shao guang" near the holes, so all died shortly...
    they also like to climb into the holes where the floor tiles and the walls meet (at feet level, if you know what i mean), i will stuff yi shao guang with some sweet stuff...

can use yi shao guang as cockroach traps too. cockroaches loves butter cake. sure wont fail trap, always worked for me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X