Rid those ANTS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marlasinger View Post
    OMG. Your situation is so bad! I have this permanent trail of ants in my room, at the side of my bathroom door, and I can't stand looking at it.

What do you guys suggest using other than combat mini?
    Why dont you try tracing it to its nest first, destroy the nest and you are quite done.....unless it is at some unreachable places like mine (at an old lady's house downstairs)

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Bliss View Post
      Why dont you try tracing it to its nest first, destroy the nest and you are quite done.....unless it is at some unreachable places like mine (at an old lady's house downstairs)
      It just starts at top of my door. Seems like they are nesting within the door.

Comment

Originally posted by marlasinger View Post
        It just starts at top of my door. Seems like they are nesting within the door.
        Have you tried stuffing and flooding that crack or hole with a lot of Baygon? Don't try sealing it without first killing those ants bc they will dig their way out somewhere else.

Comment

If you want to stop the ants from entering, you can use normal chalk to draw a boundary from where you want to prevent them from entering.

Say for example, if the ants enter via the window, you can try outlining the perimeter of the window to prevent them from entering.

HTHs.

Comment

my gram put red rubber band over any bottles she dun wants ants wandering near; honey, condensed milk, sugar etc and true *****, no ants at all. HTH!

Comment

Do you mean she sealed the containers tight with rubber bands, e.g., to prevent them from opening.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesStern View Post
                Do you mean she sealed the containers tight with rubber bands, e.g., to prevent them from opening.
                NO.... I Think it more like preventing the ants from climbing to the crack of the lid. I have heard of this one before. Maybe it is the smell of the rubber bands. Tell me if it works for you. Right now, I have much less ant with the ant bait and Tic Tac.......yah!!

Comment

can show a picture of the Combat Mini??

thanks!

Comment

yah.. i hate ants!!

recently my hse like kena infested w them again
                    even the ants poison like not as effective as b4.
                    or mayb *** put more. coz last time i put and they r gone.
                    now still have a few here n there but less.

they *** hv mutated. ewww~

Comment

Eee,hate ants too! Will kill them on the spot if i see them!!

Comment

ahhh my house is infested with little red ants! bought the yellow box ant poison (with the yellow granules in the plastic) called Once For All.. AND THE STUPID ANTS DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT!! Omg I'm so irritated >;| have been resorting to putting food on the table with water moats.

any suggestions what I can do to the granules to make those ants take them?

Comment

I put some ant poison (but mine is in liquid form from overseas) in orange flavored TIC TAC (they were attracted to it) and haven't seen them for two months or so. Maybe you can see what food they are attracted to, mash the ant poison with a few drops of water and add it to the food.

Goosh!! I sound so so so EVIL!!!! hahahaha.........

Comment

The Once for all ants killer is quite effective, but need to wait for about 2 weeks to see the effects.. no more ants..

Comment

I don't like ants. They seem to be getting smarter and faster. Just when I thought one area is rid of them, another trail gets started elsewhere. Sometimes, the ants are not even of the same kind.
                              They drive me and my mom nuts.
                              I think I need to smuggle in an anteater or a pangolin. Aren't we supposed to love animals, go green and save GAIA?

Comment

the ants are very resilient in my house.. have cleared them once with liquid poison (actually meant for cockroach) bought by my mom.. but they have made a comeback at one of my bags!!! arghh!!

imagine the horrors when i decided to use the bag and see one huge big nest of small brown ants in my bag!

luckily that bag was bought quite cheaply!

last time i used prickly heat powder to cut off ants's track and they go abit crazy not able to climb out of the prickly heat powder circle. lol..

i read somewhere that some recommends using cinnamon to fend off ants.. saying cinnamon will act as ant repellant. anyone gave this a try before?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2310653_get-...-cinnamon.html

Comment

Working...
                                X