Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashgray
    replied
    I am using the "Once for All powder", the powder will change from yellow to greyish colour, does that means it need to be wipe off and re-spread?

Leave a comment:

• beauty4life
    replied
    what should i do if the ants are constantly crawling on my walls?? there are no sweet stuff anywhere yet it keeps coming!

Leave a comment:

• Classylicious
    replied
    will try this "yi Shao Guang" too

Leave a comment:

• kitty7
    replied
    Originally posted by missbean View Post
    I used this brand too, "yi Shao Guang" to kill the ants. Very effective. Kills them all Feed them generously with this! You have to find where they came from (source) and put large amount of this bait near their "home". They will lick and bring some "home". After some time, all ants will be killed.

Where do you buy this? Giant or NTUC, Cold storage got sell this? TIA!

Leave a comment:

• missbean
    replied
    I used this brand too, "yi Shao Guang" to kill the ants. Very effective. Kills them all Feed them generously with this! You have to find where they came from (source) and put large amount of this bait near their "home". They will lick and bring some "home". After some time, all ants will be killed.

Leave a comment:

• Ashgray
    replied
    Wood dust ants

I moved into a new house barely few months. There are tiny 'ants' firstly in the built in cabinets in the kitchen where there are sawdust. After wiping the cabinets, the sawdust appear again and the ants will also be seen. My home designer claimed that new furniture will have such and he only tell us to use the ants posion. Wonder is it due to the poor quality of wood?! and Also my clothes in the built in wardobe also smell and been seem mouldy. (Now, I kiasu, put molt balls, "Hippo" and characoal to try get rid of the problem).

I am using the "Once for All powder", I see lesser ants in the cabinets but they are still around the house like the less frequent used toliet's floor (at night especially), in the storage below the bed frame, kitchen table top, toliet's seat and table top, even saw 1 on my hanged clothes. (Nowadays fling my clothes harder before wearing). Now I am spreading the powder all around. (Lucliky no kid at the moment). However, the powder will change from yellow to greyish colour, does that means it need to be wipe off and re-spread? Does anybody have same experience or advise?thanks.

Not sure if they bites. They are some so tiny like a speck of dust and they may pretend not to move till I blow at them, to confirm and kill them.
    Last edited by Ashgray; 12-12-2008, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• swerves018
    replied
    i buy those kind of lizard/cockcroach traps. so far only found lizards in there.
    can read this thread on lizard traps too.
    http://forums.cozycot.com/showthread.php?t=26046

Leave a comment:

• pixie_pie
    replied
    Hihi!

this is slightly off topic but does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of lizards?? They are really pesky lil creatures as every morning, it leaves its footprint with lizard shit on the floor and walls.

Leave a comment:

• swerves018
    replied
    i went to look for combat mini.. but it's the same plastic bait that i used before and didn't work. saw this chinese cheap brand in pellet form. used it and it's very effective! no more ants in my room, my living room, near my dining table and much lesser in the porch!

hope the ants don't get "immuned" to this bait cos i still have 3 more packs. :X

Leave a comment:

• liprona
    replied
    Originally posted by swerves018 View Post
    i have ants everywhere in my house too..

and i have to use the water moats idea to prevent ants from getting to our food. they eat everything!

i don't know if ants nowadays are stronger too cos i suspect they bit their way through into my cereal packet.. full of ants inside now. like a brand new cereal packet with box unopened. really don't know what to do with them. in my room somemore! away from all sources of food.

my table is also full of ants. and i don't know why! i have no food, i'm very particular when i eat at my table and i just cleaned it and found no nest! i can't figure out their trail cos they just seem to be wandering around on their own. but they still keep coming. ugh!

i've tried many of those plastic baits but never worked. they just avoid it. i had to resort to putting my mentos on top of the bait so they might happen to wander into the plastic bait. sigh.

and yes, they are also disturbing my hamster. they are always around the cage.. they steal my hamster's food and water. but i'm not sure if hamster is affected by their presence.

will definitely keep a look out for combat mini.
    swerves018: that sounds serious. lol. did you try to use any ant killer stuff or leave any sweet stuff around?

Leave a comment:

• swerves018
    replied
    i have ants everywhere in my house too..

and i have to use the water moats idea to prevent ants from getting to our food. they eat everything!

i don't know if ants nowadays are stronger too cos i suspect they bit their way through into my cereal packet.. full of ants inside now. like a brand new cereal packet with box unopened. really don't know what to do with them. in my room somemore! away from all sources of food.

my table is also full of ants. and i don't know why! i have no food, i'm very particular when i eat at my table and i just cleaned it and found no nest! i can't figure out their trail cos they just seem to be wandering around on their own. but they still keep coming. ugh!

i've tried many of those plastic baits but never worked. they just avoid it. i had to resort to putting my mentos on top of the bait so they might happen to wander into the plastic bait. sigh.

and yes, they are also disturbing my hamster. they are always around the cage.. they steal my hamster's food and water. but i'm not sure if hamster is affected by their presence.

will definitely keep a look out for combat mini.

Leave a comment:

• liprona
    replied
    i use "yi shao guang". haha pretty effective!! leave the bits there for a few days. within 1-2 weeks the ants are gone! hehehe..
    easily available at provision shops i think... well, i have many. anyone wants to buy it can pm me! hehe..

Leave a comment:

• rainzz
    replied
    i got ants crawling in thru my bathroom window..what i did was using boiling hot water to pour onto them(evil) and follow up with melalueca spray at the area.they are all gone.hehehe

Leave a comment:

• Miss Bliss
    replied
    I have been free from ants for a few months now, but have seen some these few days. There is no line of anything, just one here and another there. It's hard to trace them like this. Wondering where is the nest!!!

Leave a comment:

• kittyz
    replied
    I need help with getting rid of ants too! the ants in my house are like resistent to the ant poison (mine's the granules type too). there also seem to be two types of ants - the small and run super fast kind and the big black fat kind. Grrr...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X