Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing experience on losing weight

Hey gals,
    Just wanna share the secret of weight loss.
    The secret is: GO TO THE GYM!
    Yup! I lost 12kg (from a whooping 60kg to 48kg) in less than a year! Tested and proven!

BEFORE

AFTER

~.:Updated:.~
    Here are the pictures of me wearing the same piece of Topshop top. From a top to a dress! Have a good laugh!

BEFORE

AFTER

Does anyone want to share their experiences on losing weight?
    Last edited by evil_live; 08-03-2008, 06:14 PM.

Wow, congrats! Do share your regime! Did you have a private trainer? And how often did you go to the gym?

Comment

Originally posted by creepcake View Post
      Wow, congrats! Do share your regime! Did you have a private trainer? And how often did you go to the gym?
      I used to go 3 times per week. Now once/wk. Lazy. haha!
      I don have a trainer. I guess that's the disadvantage coz I m left with hip fats and flabby arms now. Everywhere else is still ok.
      Btw, I have an off-peak membership at Sport Council gym. :D

Comment

Wow! 12kg are alot!!! I only managed to lose about 10kg within a year by doing high impact aerobics, 400 sit ups per day, and crash diet consists of just fruits, veggie ( and carbo for breakfast only) . But I stopped doing that as I looked too thin. It has been more than ten years already, not much weight was 'bounced' back and I manage to maintain my current weight.

Comment

Whoa! That is impressive! And inspirational since I'm always waging a futile battle with the bulge.

How exactly did you manage that? Weights? Cardio? I'm guessing you've been eating healthy as well? I wish I had the determination to keep to a fitness programme. I go for a couple of weeks and then get discouraged and give up

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
            Whoa! That is impressive! And inspirational since I'm always waging a futile battle with the bulge.

How exactly did you manage that? Weights? Cardio? I'm guessing you've been eating healthy as well? I wish I had the determination to keep to a fitness programme. I go for a couple of weeks and then get discouraged and give up
            Well, I normally do a 20-min run on treadmill, then lift weights, lotsa weights! :wow:
            I used to stick to handmade noodles, sliced fish been hoon, yong tau foo etc, to an extent of not touching fast food for abt half a year!
            Finally gave up on that coz I realised tt I am a human being after all!
            However, I still watch my diet coz its impt to remember that the amt of calories intake must not exceed the amt of energy used!!

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
              Wow! 12kg are alot!!! I only managed to lose about 10kg within a year by doing high impact aerobics, 400 sit ups per day, and crash diet consists of just fruits, veggie ( and carbo for breakfast only) . But I stopped doing that as I looked too thin. It has been more than ten years already, not much weight was 'bounced' back and I manage to maintain my current weight.
              400 sit-ups/day! Thats like :wow: !
              I usually do 30-50 sit-ups during gym work-out.
              Anyway, its gd to look skinny if u r tall!

Comment

Originally posted by evil_live View Post
                400 sit-ups/day! Thats like :wow: !
                I usually do 30-50 sit-ups during gym work-out.
                Anyway, its gd to look skinny if u r tall!
                200 in the am and 200 before bedtime. Cannot do so many within 1 session But I hurt my back in the process. So cannot do anymore. Have not been exercising for years already (unless you consider shopping as a form of exercise) as I'm getting lazy and I tend to pig out during weekends. Luckily haven't gain back my horrible weight.

Comment

You girls are my heroes! (Or heroines? )
                  I've managed to lose 7kg but I don't see much of a difference except around the tummy which is smaller than before but still very flabby. Legs and arms are still huge.
                  I haven't been able to lose any more weight despite continuing with the exercise and diet I had been following. Pretty demoralizing. Add to that being stressed up about some stuff, I gave up the whole fitness routine and went back to my lazy ass ways.

Feel newly motivated by you girls though! I think I'll start again. .........maybe after exams ***.
                  Do you all count calories?

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
                    200 in the am and 200 before bedtime. Cannot do so many within 1 session But I hurt my back in the process. So cannot do anymore. Have not been exercising for years already (unless you consider shopping as a form of exercise) as I'm getting lazy and I tend to pig out during weekends. Luckily haven't gain back my horrible weight.
                    Must be careful though. Always do adequate warm-up. Back then I was lazy to do warm-up properly, then I discovered my upper thighs got a patch of tiny varicose veins!

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
                      You girls are my heroes! (Or heroines? )
                      I've managed to lose 7kg but I don't see much of a difference except around the tummy which is smaller than before but still very flabby. Legs and arms are still huge.
                      I haven't been able to lose any more weight despite continuing with the exercise and diet I had been following. Pretty demoralizing. Add to that being stressed up about some stuff, I gave up the whole fitness routine and went back to my lazy ass ways.

Feel newly motivated by you girls though! I think I'll start again. .........maybe after exams ***.
                      Do you all count calories?
                      I don know much abt counting calories Kitty. Everytime I use the treadmill for 20mins and ard 7.7 speed then calories shown will be ard 158-160. However, even if u eat a bowl of sliced fish bee hoon the calories will be more than that right! haha..

Being a member of a gym will motivate some pple, like me! Coz u wouldnt want to waste the money! Check out Sports Council off-peak rate. Its only $50 for half a year! You just have to go 20 times u earn back the money le. Plus u will feel gd coz u will be lighter!

Comment

congra evil_live ! (=

i have slimmed down by 14kg within 3 months but i did not exercise, i cut down on e quantity of foods and go on much more healthier food..like eating more vegetables,fruits and less fried food..hmmm...more weigh to lose to reach my ideal weight...

Comment

-- Deleted --
                          Last edited by evil_live; 24-01-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

:wow: :wow:
                            That's such a marked difference!!
                            I'm in awe by your determination!

Comment

Yes! I wish I have the same determination as you!

Comment

Working...
                              X