• pics to share -

Nami Island

Gyeongbok Palace

Everland

Mt Sorak

Comment

• Originally posted by peiyu80 View Post
      Hi,

anyone can advise how to get to N Seoul Tower by subway train? Which station to alight and walkable distance to reach there?

Thks in advance.
      Myeongdong station. It's about 15 min walk to the cable car station or you can choose to walk up to N Seoul Tower. The cable car station is near the China embassy.

Comment

• Just changed my korean won at chinatown today. Rates are not bad, 1S$ to 860 won.

Comment

• Hi ladies, I'll be going on a 7D package with CTC in Jan. Can't wait! We'll be going to some places we don't need like a korean herbal shop and some amethyst factory... as well as a beauty product showroom. Does anyone know what kind of brands are sold in the showroom? I'm mainly interested in getting some lioele and brtc products. Or where else can I get them? Myeongdong? Thanks!

Comment

• Hi,

any cotters can help to advise is this korea local brand Beanpole (similiar to Japan Burberry Blue Label) shop still available at Myeongdong? I can't seem to find on the map.

Or anyone happen to see its other shop outlet at other places? can help to advise?

Thks.

Comment

• hybridkrap, i just came back from tour with ctc. the skincare cost uses odbo prdts but the showroom has nature republic too.

Comment

• nice pictures chubbyvoo! so good, it snowed in everland when you were there. when i went it was freaking cold until can get brain freeze haha. mount sorak was super windy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridkrap View Post
                  Hi ladies, I'll be going on a 7D package with CTC in Jan. Can't wait! We'll be going to some places we don't need like a korean herbal shop and some amethyst factory... as well as a beauty product showroom. Does anyone know what kind of brands are sold in the showroom? I'm mainly interested in getting some lioele and brtc products. Or where else can I get them? Myeongdong? Thanks!
                  actually visiting korean ginseng and amethyst shops aren't that bad. the introductions were informative and i take them as new knowledge. the sales people i meet weren't pushy at all, so the overall experience was pleasant.

different beauty showroom sells different brands, you will have to ask your tour guide before hand if the one you are going have the brands you want. if not, you can always ask your tour guide where to get them

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetdelusion View Post
                    nice pictures chubbyvoo! so good, it snowed in everland when you were there. when i went it was freaking cold until can get brain freeze haha. mount sorak was super windy.
                    thank you!! good and no good when it snowed in everland. cos' all outdoor rides were closed due to the snow. but equatorial creatures like me don't care about the rides, we want SNOW!!!

waahaahaa... mount sorak was mad cold!!! i looked ridiculous with scarf and neckwarmer plus face mask. but it was the place where i took many pics with nice scenery

Comment

• Just a word of caution: If you are going to get those ginseng stuff, it will be pricey. I got it from a shop recommended by a korean lady who brought us on our DMZ tour, it's at namdaemon. hoehyeon line 4 (exit 5). There are a couple of ginseng retailers there, all pretty alright, I think. Of get from the departmental stores, its still cheaper than those they bring you on touristy places.

Comment

• Hi, can try exiting Hongik University station to get to the Coffee Prince cafe.

Comment

• Chubbyvoo u look really enjoying!

i am going on 8th feb with Five Stars. can i check do we need to get waterproof boots? like leather type? cos mine dun seems to be waterproof

if need, what brand is better?i dun wan those wear till calf type in case it cant fit in! suggestions pls~

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisling View Post
                            Chubbyvoo u look really enjoying!

i am going on 8th feb with Five Stars. can i check do we need to get waterproof boots? like leather type? cos mine dun seems to be waterproof

if need, what brand is better?i dun wan those wear till calf type in case it cant fit in! suggestions pls~
                            YES YES!! i really had a unforgettable time.

i went with ASA that time cos' Five Star was fully booked. Five Star got cheese making session, right?

my boots aren't waterproof. they did get a bit wet when snowing, but they dried up pretty fast while we were back to the coach. i went early dec and it only snow 1 day out of 8 days of visit, so i didn't have much problem.

not sure of the weather in feb, but if it snows heavily, you'll need to get a pair of proper boots for winter. i heard that UGG is not bad but they are not sold in s'pore. Universal Travellers do sell some, you'll have to pop in to check out

Comment

• ya got cheese making, sheep feeding all these.

i bought mine frm universal travellers but is those fur fur type so water can go in very easily. my fren was saying there is 1 kind of spray that can make the boots waterproof?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisling View Post
                                ya got cheese making, sheep feeding all these.

i bought mine frm universal travellers but is those fur fur type so water can go in very easily. my fren was saying there is 1 kind of spray that can make the boots waterproof?
                                yes, the type with inner fur linings.... but i thought those doesn't get wet easily one of my tour mate wore them and she "survived" pretty well in snow without getting wet.

Comment

Working...
                                X