Japan > Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan > Tokyo

Couldn't find a thread specifically on Tokyo..

Will be going to Tokyo (as part of the Japan travel package that my family signed up for) this Saturday and just asking, what should I get over there and recommended places to shop at?

Thank you!

I just came back on Sunday, if you are going by tour, i think most of the places will be planned out isn't it?

Some of the popular shopping places will be shinjuku, ginza, ikiburu, shibuya, harajuku is the area with all the freaks. Depending on what you like, I personally have no interest in winter clothing, so I was attacking all the little junks, cosmetics, toiletories and skin care. Some of the places that I like is building 109 (fashionable individual retail, a bit like far east plaza but better), Loft and Tokyo Hands (my fav, have cosmetics, beauty products, home stuff, etc), , Seibu, Mitsukoshi (high end products) and Bic camera (all the games, computers, cameras, beauty appliances, electronics, some watches, all sorts.)

The weather changed colder dramatically the last three days when I was there, it was about 14 degrees on Sunday. Before that, I was able to wear short-sleeve T-shirt in the day. Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by mosaic View Post
      Couldn't find a thread specifically on Tokyo..

Will be going to Tokyo (as part of the Japan travel package that my family signed up for) this Saturday and just asking, what should I get over there and recommended places to shop at?

Thank you!
      I'm going next year! Woohoooo

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Bliss View Post
        I just came back on Sunday, if you are going by tour, i think most of the places will be planned out isn't it?

Some of the popular shopping places will be shinjuku, ginza, ikiburu, shibuya, harajuku is the area with all the freaks. Depending on what you like, I personally have no interest in winter clothing, so I was attacking all the little junks, cosmetics, toiletories and skin care. Some of the places that I like is building 109 (fashionable individual retail, a bit like far east plaza but better), Loft and Tokyo Hands (my fav, have cosmetics, beauty products, home stuff, etc), , Seibu, Mitsukoshi (high end products) and Bic camera (all the games, computers, cameras, beauty appliances, electronics, some watches, all sorts.)

The weather changed colder dramatically the last three days when I was there, it was about 14 degrees on Sunday. Before that, I was able to wear short-sleeve T-shirt in the day. Have fun!!
        Hey, I actually like Harajuku more than Shibuya, so am I a freak? Personally I think Harajuku is the place for you to find all those unique brands (or even their local designers) or vintage brands boutiques. For e.g. BAPE is there

Comment

hey i like Harajuku too! they have this amazing bra shop that sells nice bras. i miss tokyo.

Comment

the thread on japan has a lot of info on tokyo

Comment

i think it's better to have a thread specifically on Tokyo because the Japan thread is very long with info on other Japanese cities as well.

most other cities have their own thread, for eg Perth, Sydney, Melbourne instrad of just australia.

a specific thread will help cotters more

When I was planning my tokyo trip, i had to go throug so many pages, but sometimes still unable to get the information that I wanted

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpasta View Post
                I'm going next year! Woohoooo
                I'm going next year as well!

I'm wondering what sort of cosmetics and skincare will be good to buy over there?

Comment

Can check out the All about Japanese Cosmetics thread here http://forums.cozycot.com/showthread.php?t=12152

I love Kiss makeup, packaging is really pretty. Plus prices are cheap
                  Other brands to lookout for is gransenbon, love clover, majorlica majorca, Kate, integrate.
                  Higher end would be ayura, jill stuart, aube,.
                  Skincare wise.. Can look out for Orbis and DHC, similar concept to Fancl.
                  Fancl is alot cheaper there and they always give alot of samples (at least i do), Tense Up Ex is like 3 times cheaper there at least.

Comment

Hello... i will be extend my 3 nites stay at Tokyo after my 7 days Hokkaido tour package.
                    Can anyone recommend which Tokyo hotel will be better in terms of location?
                    We are thinking to go Disneyland and Mt. Fuji... any recommendation?

Comment

get a location near ueno...at least when you tkaing your flight back to sgp ( from narita i presumme will be more convinient )

Comment

if you like shopping probably Shinjuku or Shibuya area.
                        Ikebukuro is not bad too.

Mt Fuji is outside Tokyo and is not open all year round, please check the timings before you decide to go so you won't be disappointed

Disneyland is also on the outskirts of Tokyo, but there are buses from Shinjuku to Disneyland.

Comment

Has anyone been to Puroland before? I am torn between DisneySea and Puroland, I know the obvious choice is DisneySea. I think Puroland is a nice change since I am going to Disneyland in Paris this Christmas. I just want to see the huge Hello Kitty shop.

Comment

I much prefer to go Disneysea personally. I have been to Puroland on two occasions. The first was a disappointment but the second visit was better. Maybe it was due to the weekend, and probably tours bring you at the right timing when there are more mascots and more activities going on. The shows were in Japanese and needed some participation. Definitely something for much younger kids and I understand nuts! However, I find some of the products that were unique there and haven't seen them outside. Well, it has been three to four years since my last visit, maybe they have improved, I don't know. I didn't bother going there during my last trip to Japan a month ago. The tourist range of Hello kitty stuff can be found at bigger Sanrio outlets. Have fun!!

Comment

Puroland is much harder to get to than Disneyland if you are doing F&E, depending on your plans Disneyland would be a more popular choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X