Increase in cab charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in cab charges

did anyone see the article on the increase in cab charges? The increase is simply horrifying (to me at least)...

I cant imagine how much it will cost now to take cab from shenton to woodlands or even Jurong during peak hours...

Basic Fare: $2.80
    Increasing at: $0.20

Peak Period: 35% of fare
    (Mon-Fri 7am-9.30am)
    (Mon-Sat 5pm-8pm)

City Area Surcharge: $3
    (Mon-Sat 5pm -Midnight)

Midnight Charge: 50%
    (12am onwards)

Booking Fee
    (Peak) $3.50
    (Off peak) $2.50

Sigh. That's why I have been learning how to take bus recently.

Comment

Is insane, already so difficult to flag a cab and still increase! Taxi is not affordable anymore! Take mrt/bus is much better or get a car!

Comment

I totally agree its insane. Can u imagine u are practically giving $10 or more(including ERP etc) away before your butt even touches the cab seat.
        i'm going to hire my SO to be my "Johnny"

Comment

1 question.. why doesn't the taxi companies reduce the rent of their taxis instead of increasing all these charges? in a way, many will think twice about taking a cab.. indirectly, the drivers are affected as well...

Comment

yes.. and to add on crude oil prices has plunged.... why the increase??!!!!

Comment

it is totally ridiculous. why cant the taxi company absorbs the cost?

Comment

This is horrible... petrol increase cab fare also increase.... soon the public transport will increase again...

seldom take cab, the most thrice per year...

Comment

i agree too... not that they provide exceptionally good service or what..

i guess i will have to stick to taking mrt or buses (where some drivers even greet you GOOD MORNING MDM.. when you get on)...

Comment

i have ditched cab to take bus, train
                    and if i hang out late, i will take the NR

and now i have more reasons to go home early
                    save $$$ too

Comment

i must thank my parents and myself. luckily i dont like to take cab nor stay out late. Imagine the amount thrown into cab.. its huge sum! Take train & bus better. Cabs are so difficult to flag, drivers are rude (for some) and worst if they purposely slow down the speed, cant find the destination and the fare :wow:

Comment

i often see cabbies cruise around, waiting for calls, and even drive past taxi stands and treat the people queueing there as invisible.
                        and then they complain biz is bad.

Comment

i'm puzzled. they increasing to 2.80 and saying its 20cents increase?

2 days ago i took comfort taxi, the meter starts from 2.70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Living costs increasing day by day, the only thing that dont increase is our salary

Comment

2.80 is only for the normal cab, imagine if you get the hyundai cabs or the mercedes cab, it's $3.00 for starting fare.

They said that the petrol prices are increasing that's why increase the cab fare.

Comment

Working...
                              X