Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytechnic Lecturer

Hi all,
    Anyone knows what is the salary of a polytechnic lecturer ?

heard not high. Thus,they are allow to have their own business and others commitment. And i see every one having side line!

Comment

Any idea what is the range ? $5000 and above, or $4000 and above ?

Comment

full time about $3.5k with work experience.

part time pays more for certain poly. on hourly rate with no CPF contribution and no benefits.

Comment

i was offered a job in poly as a lecturer job but the pay abit low its contract anyway. maybe mine is a design coz thus the pay is less than 3k just slightly above 2k

Comment

What i heard of is also around the range of 2.5-3k

Comment

Certain poly, like Republic poly, recruit fresh grad. Hence, the lower salary range?

Comment

just do a search on poly lecturer you will be surprise with the pay not ALOT...

Comment

I was teaching at republic polytechnic and I was getting 2.4k starting. yearly increment is a hundred or so only. other polytechnics, I believe, pay double or triple this amount but they have higher requirements for the position including age. I am 25 this year by the way. hope this answers your question.

Comment

*** worst than police force..like that i rather sign on POLICE FORCe..

Comment

2.4k is for fresh grads (bachelor degree) or with working experience (not teaching related)?
                      will they offer those with working experience (not teaching related) and post grad qualification (eg masters) higher pay?
                      or the starting pay for all lecturers will be the same cause no prior teaching experience?

Comment

2.4K is for fresh grads. they don't usually be employed as lecturers, but as associates to take tutorial classes.

lecturers are those with work experience in the field (not teaching), they'll be paid more. a HOD should easily earn > 5 K

Comment

Originally posted by whitefrost View Post
                          2.4k is for fresh grads (bachelor degree) or with working experience (not teaching related)?
                          will they offer those with working experience (not teaching related) and post grad qualification (eg masters) higher pay?
                          or the starting pay for all lecturers will be the same cause no prior teaching experience?
                          I have a UK degree that I took in Singapore and 2 years working experience and got $2.4. My friend has a local uni degree and 2 years working experience, she got a little less than $3k.

starting pay for all lecturers are different depending on your educational level and work experience.

fresh grads start at $2.4 generally.

i'm quoting as per Republic Polytechnic only as i've taught there before. this definitely does not apply to other polys.

Comment

definately republic poly's teacher's salary are lower than other polys.. Republic poly's teachers are not called as lecturers. They are named as faciliators. If i not wrong, other polys do not recurit fresh grad as lecturers only republic poly does.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies

Originally posted by plain_substance View Post
                              2.4K is for fresh grads. they don't usually be employed as lecturers, but as associates to take tutorial classes.

lecturers are those with work experience in the field (not teaching), they'll be paid more. a HOD should easily earn > 5 K
                              What is the meaning of HOD ?

Comment

Working...
                              X