No announcement yet.

Japanese Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hisatomo at Raffles city shopping centre is now closed, not sure if it is permanent. The one at Plaza Singapura has a smaller menu, and the food is very ordinary, I think Sushi Tei is better.

Comment

• hmm.. saw some ravings i thought i could try out. but what about other outlets? besides PS. do they have small menus as well ? if not much raves now then i exclude that in my list =D

Comment

• Originally posted by tamarind
        Hisatomo at Raffles city shopping centre is now closed, not sure if it is permanent. The one at Plaza Singapura has a smaller menu, and the food is very ordinary, I think Sushi Tei is better.
        yar.. i second Sushi Tei too.. i like the freshness of their food.
        if not , Tonkichi is my other fave jap restaurant.

Comment

Hisatomo at Raffles city shopping centre is now closed, not sure if it is permanent. The one at Plaza Singapura has a smaller menu, and the food is very ordinary, I think Sushi Tei is better.

BTW, Hisatomo closed down, now it is TCC. Hope the raffles city one is not permanent.

Comment

• Hisatomo is ok only,ordinary Jap cuisine. I loveee Tonkichi too!
            craving the curry from there now!

Comment

waraku -> haven't tried
              shima -> sashimi and tempura OK, but I find teppanyaki not very good, beef is tough, place is quite old
              sun with moon -> very nice and modern decor, I only tried the beef with rice, find it very salty
              hill top restaurant -> very old place, seriously needs renovation, teppanyaki is good, view is very nice

My current favourite is Kaisan restaurant at the Raffles Hotel. Good food, I think better than sakae and sushi tei, good service. Decor is not as nice as sun with moon, but it is quietly elegant.

There is another Sun restaurant at Chjmes, decor is nicer than sun with moon, food is not bad.
              the hill top rest is the one at jurong hill?
              the teppanyaki is nice
              i m hesitating between gyu or keyaki for my bf's birthday?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkrevolver
                Hisatomo is ok only,ordinary Jap cuisine. I loveee Tonkichi too!
                haha.. are you a jap curry fan like me tooo??
                theres another restaurant that serves tasty jap curry too at city hall area. Stamford House to be exact , name's is Curry Favour.

Comment

• Yes yes I love jap curries!
                  I have yet to try Curry Favor,probably this weekend I shall.
                  They have a "50% off 2nd combo set" promo in the Hub newsletter!

Comment

• Originally posted by linggy
                    the hill top rest is the one at jurong hill?
                    the teppanyaki is nice
                    i m hesitating between gyu or keyaki for my bf's birthday?
                    Yes it is the one at Jurong Hill, next to Jurong Bird Park.

I have been thinking of keyaki buffet, will go when I feel rich enough

Comment

Yes yes I love jap curries!
                      I have yet to try Curry Favor,probably this weekend I shall.
                      They have a "50% off 2nd combo set" promo in the Hub newsletter!
                      oh yes! i just got my HUB newsletter too!! saw the promo... darn!! i just had curry favour 2 weeks back... , good thing the promo isn't ending that soon.

Comment

• the jap restuarant at safra mt faber is very gd! the buffet is good!

usually crowded on weekday nites!

just went there again yesterday!

Comment

Hisatomo is ok only,ordinary Jap cuisine. I loveee Tonkichi too!
                          i second Tonkichi... the Katsu-dons yum yum

Comment

Yes it is the one at Jurong Hill, next to Jurong Bird Park.

I have been thinking of keyaki buffet, will go when I feel rich enough
                            haha always thought no one go to the hill top rest because of its location (haha because we are westerners alicia! )

Called Keyaki, it is closed for renovation till 14th but buffet resume on the 21st Jan =)

Comment

• linggy,
                              I stayed in the west for more than 5 years before I discovered the place ! It is really obscure.

Thanks for the tip on Keyaki, may be I can plan for New Year feast

Comment

• i was looking thru internet and this thread .. very useful!
                                hee has jz booked a place at waraku for the coming New Year

was looking thru this forum and found out theres a member by the name, Jazel, and
                                ... and I happened to visit the place she said!
                                ---
                                "A traditional Jap restaurant at Hong Leong Gardens along West Coast Road that area...
                                Their sashimi is really fresh, unlike those served at sakae sushi...
                                Many Japanese frequent there too!
                                But it's a bit pricey. $80+ for 2 people? JAZEL"
                                ---
                                thisJap restaurant is called Minoru something
                                yup yup yup! their sashimi is fresh! good! but think the sashimi at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel buffet is better .. cut nicer and look a bit better..

their chawanmushi tasted a bit plain
                                hee the chef gave us 2 cup of chocolate ice cream after our meal saying its on the house... perhaps hes in a good mood considering its xmas day

this restaurant is off the main road - had to "wriggle" into the building..... surprisingly it can "tahan" in such environment - seem many shops had closed down in the Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre

Hereby wish all u people ... Happy New Year and all wishes come TRUE! yAHoOo!

Comment

Working...
                                X