Health Alert - SARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by farahdean
    talking about immune system, u never know when or how it hits u! 2 years ago, i went bangkok in july for my dose of shopping. on the flight back there was a guy coughing badly sitting in the same row as me. i came back & within a week or so i developed a cough. it was bad coz every morning i woke up breathless, in fact i could not breath @ all, took me minutes to start to breathe normally, wheezing badly. i was coughing so badly for almost 5 full months & saw 4 doctors more than 20 times. i was diagnosed to have a bad viral attack. many course of antibiotics did not help, i had medication to loosen my passageway & to allow me to breathe. so long it wears off, i would not be able to breathe, i was choking on my own mucus which was building up terribly in my body & all doc claimed it was not bad enough to get it all sucked out @ the hospitals. before that i was then still a healthy pool loving gal who does her 20 laps 3 to 4 times a week. i infected my entire family & the SO. mom & dad was hit not as bad as me & they recovered easier. i was vomitting phlegm & water so much i lost 9kg, it was a terrible experience! & NO i don have a history of sinus or asthma, i still don't have any of them now. that said, i am paranoid but i would not stop working & living life, i would just take precautions & boost my own immunity system.
    Seems like you have gone through it terribly... Luckily, you recovered...

Comment

• Originally posted by Summer27
      Seems like you have gone through it terribly... Luckily, you recovered...
      u know every new medication i was on, i was hoping to wake up being able to breathe & not to choke on myself! & it was terrifying to sleep. the morning i woke up without choking, i finally heave a sigh of relief!

Comment

• Originally posted by farahdean
        u know every new medication i was on, i was hoping to wake up being able to breathe & not to choke on myself! & it was terrifying to sleep. the morning i woke up without choking, i finally heave a sigh of relief!
        Think really cast a very black patch in your life... At last its over for you..
        I agree when you have cough, its very disturbing when you are trying to sleep.. Don't dare to think of it..

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebubble
          home...u can only live a healthy lifestyle, build up your immunity, and at the 1st sign of any symptoms, get yourself to the doctor!!!
          Stella, you sound like a doc, repeating the same advice over and over again. But they're good advice.

Or how do you explain no one gets it here yet? *touch wood*

Comment

• Originally posted by champagne
            Plus I heard from bf it mutates *shrug* how true this is I don't know.
            That's the last thing we all need to hear right now but I suppose that's what we were suspecting all along.

In HK it seems to be a particularly virulent strain....I think I read in the news that up to 100 residents of a single apartment block have come down with SARS!!! (this also supports the theory that it may have become airborne....eeek!)

OK, that's it , gonna lock myself up at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by raebelasian

My bf made me so paranoid that I was searching high and low for Dial's anti-bac handgel at Siglap just now. Apparently, it's out of stock at every pharmacy.

Swapped my BBW's anti-bac handgel away. myself
              i found the Dial ant-bac sanitizer in Cold Storage. Most pple will look for them in pharmacies, some supermarkets still have them.

Comment

• Originally posted by keiko
                i found the Dial ant-bac sanitizer in Cold Storage. Most pple will look for them in pharmacies, some supermarkets still have them.
                THanks for the tip-off, may scour my local Giant later....failing that, my neighbourhood Cold Storage and / or NTUC!

Comment

• Originally posted by pandora76
                  THanks for the tip-off, may scour my local Giant later....failing that, my neighbourhood Cold Storage and / or NTUC!
                  better hurry....i think these will fly off the shelves fast too!

OT...u've already noticed, m/u that we talk about here fly off the shelves, this will be no exception!

Comment

• i agree with champ, extreme screening and quarantine is the only way to get this under control now. they should've got their act together in china last year but didn't and infected the whole world, now we've got to clean up the mess and if we have to cause inconvenience to a lot of people, so be it; there is no other way to stop carriers from coming in

and karen - i keep repeating coz there's really nothing else u can do about it unless u want to keep yourself in isolation!

farah - i typically don't fall sick but when i do, it's usually a 1x a year serious flu that will set me back 2-3 weeks and so i'm freaked out by Sars too

Comment

• my family is using Dettol wipes instead of Dial anti-bac..do u think this is good enough?

my relatives in HK were told to use bleach solution which is stronger..1 part Clorox bleach 9 parts water 8O
                      Last edited by angeldiane; 31-03-2003, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebubble
                        farah - i typically don't fall sick but when i do, it's usually a 1x a year serious flu that will set me back 2-3 weeks and so i'm freaked out by Sars too
                        let's stay strong & eat well!

Comment

• Originally posted by angeldiane
                          my family is using Dettol wipes instead of Dial anti-bac..do u think this is good enough?

my relatives in HK were told to use bleach solution which is stronger..1 part Clorox bleach 9 parts water 8O
                          To pacify me after failing to get the Dial anti-bac sanitizer, my bf told me that those people in their chemical warfare suit sterilized themselves with baby bath. You know the sprinkler kind where they sanitize themselves. Dun know how true that is...

my bf for getting me paranoid

Comment

• im travelling to taipei next sat, for about a week.... it sounds like it isn't a safe period to go... but... it's all planned and i didn't wanna miss it

Comment

• Originally posted by raebelasian
                              To pacify me after failing to get the Dial anti-bac sanitizer, my bf told me that those people in their chemical warfare suit sterilized themselves with baby bath. You know the sprinkler kind where they sanitize themselves. Dun know how true that is...

my bf for getting me paranoid
                              Shhh.... cannot reveal military protocol and secrets.... shhhhh....

Comment

• Originally posted by Joce7878
                                Shhh.... cannot reveal military protocol and secrets.... shhhhh....

How can it be baby bath right? If he said Dettol, I might believe him.

Comment

Working...
                                X