No announcement yet.

Health Alert - SARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm *this close* to totally believing this given the hush-hush coverup and shannigan in china

Russian Scientist: SARS Virus Was Created In A Weapons Lab

ACADEMICIAN KOLESNIKOV: THE SARS VIRUS OF ATYPICAL PNEUMONIA HAS BEEN CREATED ARTIFICIALLY

IRKUTSK, April 10, 2003.

RIA Novosti correspondent Alexander Batalin

The virus of atypical pneumonia (SARS) has been created artificially, possibly as a bacteriological weapon, believes Sergei Kolesnikov, Academician of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.

He expressed this opinion at a news conference in Irkutsk (Siberia) on Thursday.

According to him, the virus of atypical pneumonia is a synthesis of two viruses (of measles and infectious parotiditis or mumps), the natural compound of which is impossible. This can be done only in a laboratory, the academician is convinced. He also said that in creating bacteriological weapons a protective anti-viral vaccine is, as a rule, worked out at the same time. Therefore, the scientist believes, a medicine for atypical pneumonia may soon appear. He does not exclude that the spread of the virus could have begun accidentally, as a result of "an unsanctioned leakage" from a laboratory.

Source: Russian Information Agency: Novosti

Comment

• I read about similar article in a chinese newspaper too. Maybe true, not too sure 'cos I find it abit hard to believe man could just be infected by such disease from animals...hmmm

Comment

• another version i heard is that the virus is releasing on purpose by chinese govt to reduce its population.

:roll:

Comment

• that's too incredible for me to believe - they don't have to do it this way, the chinese govt is already iron-fisted enough on population control if u believe the forced abortions that some people say they do, now *this* i believe

Originally posted by autumnheart
          another version i heard is that the virus is releasing on purpose by chinese govt to reduce its population.

:roll:

Comment

• Got this in an email from my cousin. He picked this up in a forum. Not too sure if it's true, but I'll share it nevertheless.

Hi, about the family of 8 saga, here are some facts you might like to know.

For your info, it was not all 8 of them who wandered around that area as some newspapers mentioned. It is only 1 family member who went to the food centre and another went to the medical hall. It might be their fault for walking around while they might be Sars suspect. However, who in the world would expect this deadly virus to unfortunately fall on so many of them in the family?

They thought they contracted fever was due to lack of sleep for the past few days and being under stress because of their mum's death who passed away suddenly during that same week. They have gone to the food centre as they had not had their breakfast since that morning. They also could not prepare any food as they were so busy preparing for their mum's funeral and attending to friends and relatives who came for the wake for the past few days. So that morning, one of the family member went to the nearby food centre to buy a drink and another to the medical hall. The ambulance also took so long to arrive. Moreover, there were 3 kids in this family during that time. Have we ever thought, maybe its the kids who need a drink?

In fact, one thing you may like to know.. this family had chose to seek medical attention immediately when they realise so many of them had contracted fever and not even able to send their beloved mother for her last journey when her body was to be cremate on the same day that afternoon! Do you know how sad this could be? If they were to be present at the funeral, don't you think more people might be affected!

I understand PM Goh wants to convey the importance of stopping the virus from spreading and to punish those people who did not obey the rules. I totally agree.

The 72 year old man's wife, fell ill and seek medical treatment from a GP 2 days before she passed away. She was running a fever and a cold and chest pain. The GP gave her medication and the old lady was asked to go back and rest. On the second day, she was still feeling unwell, having chest pain like pricking needles and also fever, she went back to the same GP again. The GP did not send her to TTSH immediately and was again asked to go home and rest. The old lady passed away at home in the afternoon the next day.

Having the symtoms so similar to Sars, why has not the GP called for an ambulance and sent the old lady to TTSH immediately, even on the 1st day when she was running a fever? The old lady might be alive today if she was given proper medical treatment and correct judgement earlier. She was only diagnosed to have died from SARs yesterday but her initial autopsy report said was heart failure. Since the initial diagnosed indicated she did not died from Sars, a 4 days wake was then arranged for her. If the authorities has suspected the old lady to have died from Sars instead of heart failure, a wake would not have then been arranged. Her body would have been sent for cremation immediately, 8 of the family members in this case, would not have contracted fever one by one during the wake or even during the time when the old lady was sick. They would not have then appeared at the food centre and would not have been criticised by the nation. But its too late, the virus has already spread in the family and maybe in the wake where many friends and relatives turned up..

Up to date today, this family has 8 confirmed SARs case, the 72 year old man, his daughter, his son and his 4 grandchildren, aged 4, 8, 9 and 18month old. And don't know how many friends and relatives who have attended the wake, fearing the danger of contracting the fearful virus... This family would have been a happy family today if the GP has given proper attention to the old lady when she was down with fever on her first visit to the clinic?
            I felt devastated this family has come to this situation..
            I am giving them my moral support and praying for them everyday, hoping those who are still in the hospital to get well soon.

Why? Because I am also part of this family!
            (Niece of the 72 year old man, my father's brother)

Comment

• OMg! So sorry to hear that!

Comment

• so sad

Comment

• Comment

• I was most angry at some of my acquaintances, while discussing the SARS situation with our American guest, expressed that our government's precautionary measure were rather over the top, and that life in Singapore is pretty much the same.

This was just before we had news of a resurgence of suspected SARS cases.

Life must go on but not out of complacency.

And to add a little snippet to the first post, influenza vaccines are pretty much useless. So far, the genetic material in the coronaviruses makes vaccines impossible based on current technology, even before basic time required for drug development and testing safe consumption becomes an issue. They simply mutate too fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X