X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wa ka ta I hate going dentist....

See u around more often k?

Comment

• The content in this thread about all the extraction really quite scary. I had toothaches occasionally due to decay of wisdom tooth. A year ago, the pain was so bad I need painkillers to relieve them, and the dentost even warned me of an emergency operation if the pain continued. That time was near exam, luckily all was well after that.

Recently went to the dentist again to rectify the problem. I was told one needed surgery, and the other 3 should be extraction i guess? Still have not plucked up enough courage to go for the surgery, so this week will go to a private clinic to see if there is anyway to just fill the decay and be sure to keep those 4 previous teeth in tip top condition after that

Got a few questions to ask though, hope someone can advise:
      1) The charges at Alexandra Hospital and National Dental Center - are they the same?
      2) How does GA work? I saw people posting about tubes and stuff? Mind elaborate?

Thanks!

Comment

• hi girls, im just wondering can we only get the referral letter from the polyclinic?

Can we go to any pte dental clinic or gp and get a referral letter from them to NDC?

Comment

• cool.... after much recommendations from u gals there.... i went to a polyclinic for the referral letter to NDC.... made an appointment with them the following week..... n checkup to confirm my status, then hey presto! i got my appointment date for my surgery ****

in fact i went to NDC in june, supposed to be able to op anytime in june or july, but due to my hectic schedule n time... i decided to halt till august..... so, im lookin forward to my surgery next month then..... hopefully everythin turns out perfectly fine, n i could go for my PC show 2004 which happens to fall on that particular week durin my MC period

Comment

• Originally posted by caer
            hi girls, im just wondering can we only get the referral letter from the polyclinic?

Can we go to any pte dental clinic or gp and get a referral letter from them to NDC?
            Apparently, is only from polyclinic. I wish i can settle in private clinic too

Comment

• Have popped by to the polyclinic this morning. It was such a long wait but i got my referral letter now waiting to see the dentist over at NDC next week.

Wish me luck though.

Comment

• I got my referrel letter, but its to TTSH dental.

I wonder any difference??

Comment

• Originally posted by caer
                  Have popped by to the polyclinic this morning. It was such a long wait but i got my referral letter now waiting to see the dentist over at NDC next week.

Wish me luck though.
                  good luck gal... do let me know what's the outcome of your visit.... hope that we can go for the surgery together!!

Comment

• Dear Jewel

I think you have visited a polyclinic under the National Healthcare group, hence you were referred to TTSH dental.

The National Dental Centre (NDC) is under the umbrella of SingHealth, hence i reckon that caer has visited a SingHealth polyclinic. :o)

Comment

• ah I see, so I can still utilise my Medisave for it right? I'm going down for my 1st appt this thurs

Comment

• erm, im not sure if the polyclinic that i went to is a SingHealth polyclinic.

But anyway, just to update on my first appointment over at NDC. I paid $49 cash for consultation with the dentist as well as having my xray taken. That is not covered by medisave.

I will be going for my wisdom tooth extraction soon. From what i gather, if it is a normal extraction it will not be covered by Medisave. The price is from $20 onwards.

If it is by surgery, then is medisave deductible. But the price range starts from $70 - $990.

The dentist asked me to pull 4 at a go. When i declined and suggest 2 at a time, he said its wiser to just pluck a single tooth. Im not sure but he sound rather inexperienced to me, i hope i will be in good hands though.
                        Hth!

Comment

• Did my surgery!

Did my surgery last Friday at AH. It was not as terrible as it seemed, guess it was when they injected the anaestesia that I felt more mortified. After that, you are all numb.

And yes, I would recommend you all to take the painkiller before the numbness subsides. For me, think the numbness lasted more than 4 hours or more. In fact, I would say I didn't have any pain, if there is, it is super minimal.

So the surgery is not that scary, to me, I was more disgusted at the medicine instead. I am easily disgusted by medicine.

Well, my swelling is still alright, my boyfriend says that I look like I have a fishball in my mouth; my friend thought probably just a sweet. Anyway, I still went out yesterday shopping, hope the swelling will be gone by the time my school starts next monday

Good luck to those who are going for surgery soon. fear not. It's all fast. And if you are still young, you will surely be able to take it one

Comment

• Hi Caer,

I did two, one extraction and one surgery. Wanted to do 2 surgery and two extraction at a go, but the doctor Sylvia Tay just commented that it was too much. Hehe, I am not too sure if extraction needs stitches. But I think it only applies to surgery, which is more difficult to take care of.

Think if yours only needs extraction for all 4 teeth, you are considered a lucky one!

Comment

• hope all of you will be in good hands! the endurance differs from person to person.. i knew of a friend who did 4 at a go..and he came back with bruises (yes blue black!) on both sides of his face.

i think its important to let the dentist know if you are not feeling the right numbness.. cos sometimes the anaethesia are not injected properly or not at the right spot, the degree of numbness will feel differently at different part of the jaw/gum. So if you still feeling pain when they are trying to remove the tooth, i think you should inform them, in case they havent given you enough anaesthesia. If they have injected properly, you should feel pressure and not pain (or minimal) during the surgery when they try to remove your wisdom tooth.

i only felt pressure and no pain during the process...

Wish all of U speedy recovery!

Comment

• yes, i would agree that not painful during the process, but pressure. Anyway, i did on Friday and there has been no blue black so far, even is there is, think it is so minimal that I do not even notice

So, not to worry

Perhaps you all will be lucky too!

Comment

Working...
                                X