No announcement yet.

Wisdom tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT!!! Any recommend for dentist who is good in wisdom teeth surgery, but yet won't burn a hole in my pocket. I've a feeling my wisdom teeth are going to give me problem soon, I need to do something before the pain comes.

My colleague recommended me to GPA, but she told me to extract one tooth, it cost above $1K, that's more expensive than Q&M's $900, which many people already comment their charges is on the high side. Btw, how many percent of our surgery bill can be deducted from medisave? Thanks.

Comment

• Anyone has recommendation for extraction of wisdom tooth for General Anaesthesia (GA)? I understood if its under govt (referral to NDC etc) will have to wait for a period of time for at least 2-3months for the ops to happen.

Any reasonably-priced private?

Comment

• i think if it extraction, u need to do with G.A.
        few months ago, one day i couldnt open my mouth. so i took some medicine. dentist said i need to remove. but i am afraid. its too far from my family and if something happen bad i will not know what to do. also i dont have medisave. so i went to my country. and removed upper 2 wisdom teetg. i had local anaesthesia. there was no extraction. but i prefer to remove my bottom right tooth in sg. so maybe 4,5 month later i will do it. at least i can get 5days mc. but if i need to do GA really really dont know. also dont know how much it will be cost.

Comment

• I am quoted $650 inclusive of consultation, x-rays,opg, leave and medicine from greenlife dental for my wisdom tooth surgery.
          izit expensive?

I also went to the dental clinic under unity ntuc care which is quite cheap for ntuc members.
          they quoted me $200-$500plus for surgery and consultation is $16. anyone heard of or been there?
          pls share! thanks
          Last edited by CheekyBunny; 13-05-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• I am quoted $650 inclusive of consultation, x-rays,opg, leave and medicine from greenlife dental for my wisdom tooth surgery.
            izit expensive? anyone tried greenlife dental at tpy / yew tee?

Comment

• just had 2 wisdom teeth extracted today.went to dr bruce chew at mount e..mine was slightly complicated cos both teeth had to be operated on. i thought he had just removed one tooth and was bracing myself for the second drilling when he told me both were out. surprisingly painless and very fast. also got to keep the teeth as a souvenir.

Comment

• Hi Kiitos, do you mind sharing the experience of the recovery process pls? I've got one that's partially enveloped in my gums so I'm worried that might result in surgery

Comment

• My dentist asked me to keep it as souvenir too, but I think it was a nightmare for me so I told her to throw it away asap. My tooth keeps bleeding for the whole day as there isn't any stitching done, thou I am not sure why she did not stitch up for me.

Comment

• I removed all 4 wisdom teeth at one go and totally regretted. I didn't want to go back another time and thought might as well I get through this once and for all. But it was a very silly mistake. I could not bite at all (since you use your molars to do so) because both sides were affected. And I really had a hard time for my meals... Was very annoyed too.

I had them extracted not removed via surgery.

I don't advise anyone to follow my footsteps even if you are brave enough, like me LOL

I had to remove them as they were decaying...

Some pictures.. sorry if they made u sick =x

oh yes, I had them removed at Q&M bedok and it costs me $500+ which I can't claim from Medisave as it's an extraction not surgery

Comment

• Hi,

one of my wisdom tooth is causing pain to my molars and another one is totally covered by gum. I'm wondering if anyone can give recommendations of which dentist is good at wisdom tooth surgery and can claim from medisave as well? Foreseeing that I most likely would need one.. :-(

I'm living around queenstown.

TIA!!!

Comment

• Hi,

I had 2 of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr Myra Elliot in Mt Elizabeth. I highly highly recommend her! She is very motherly and super professional. My swelling was minimal, my teeth came out in one piece and seriously, 0 pain. Even the injections/drip were a mere ant bite if any.

I've heard a lot of stories and was very scared of the removal. I was even trembling while in the chair before the surgery! She asked if it was my first time, I said yes; and she said "alright I'll just give you something to calm your nerves alright dear?" and gave me a very potent tranquilizer (I think it was midazolam) and I honestly did not remember feeling ANY pain - even when she pricked the drip in. In fact, I was feeling very happy and spaced out. I felt that way throughout the surgery. I didn't even realize it ended! She extracted 1 that was out + 1 that was still in my gum (more expensive). Total was $1,300 but well worth it. If my teeth ever hurt again I will def go back to her. Best dentist I have ever known!

Comment

• I go to sunshine dental at woodlands civic plaza. They are really good. My surgery was done in 20 mins and painless. I recommend it.

Comment

• My wisdom tooth was removed through a surgery under Dr Poon Choy Yoke of NDC this year. She allayed my fears before the surgery but I suffered during and after it. The pain after the anaesthetic wore off was unbearable and she tugged and pulled at my jaw and my face had dark bruises on the second day.

I thought that being a senior consultant she would be experienced so I didn't worry too much. Now if anyone asks me, I will ask them to think twice if they're being operated on by Dr Poon.

Thank goodness my wisdom teeth are all extracted and I don't have to go through this again.

Comment

• Can anyone share the total charges and after medisave claimable charges? Was thinking to go private for surgery for 2 tooth but scare the bill will be a bomb.

Comment

• Had my wisdom tooth removed in the dental clinic .. worst week of my life

Comment

Working...
                                X