No announcement yet.

Remedy for THE cramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaa... Stressy, your conclusion really makes me wanna laugh! your descriptions are always so full of humour!

i've got pretty bad menstrual cramps before, so bad that i have to stay in bed. i would felt so sluggish and irritable. i've to curl myself and cry to sleep. *awww...* I don't take panadol, or ponstan or any of the pills you gals have mentioned. I just refuse to take any pain killer, cos' i do not wanna be too dependant with those pills. I went to see my GP, and she recommended me to take EPO. not only does it relieve the irritating bad cramps, it also helps improve the skin. I started taking 4 everyday, during the first few months, and then cut down to 3, then to 2 and now 1 everyday, it really helps... alot! i don't feel so painful anymore, and it regulates the cycle as well. Eversince, i've been taking it for 6years already. So far so good

Comment

read an email about fibroids in the womb and how that's suppose to cause really serious menstral cramps... don't know how true that is, but if you ladies are going for a check up, might as well get the doctor's opinion on it?

well just a suggestion...

Comment

2nd lynette's EPO intake... works for me.

i've never had any experiences with bad cramps before until the month of apr 2003, when my cramps became horribly unbearable. the cramps came all of a sudden, like an acute rush of pain. i could feel the blood draining from my face.

(ok the description gets pretty gross here...)
        i managed to drag myself to the washroom to relieve myself (you know when the *ahem* comes, you're not sure if you need to go?) when i stood up from the 'throne' i got lightheaded and felt the room start to get exceeding bright. i squatted in the corner, hoping that by focusing on the tiles on the floor, i wouldn't feel so faint, but all i saw was the triple image of dancing floor tiles. i wanted to puke just then. i think i must have huddled in the corner for almost 20 minutes until the dizziness went away.

this incident scared the **** outta me. now i take EPO regularly as well as Bai Feng Wan (chinese medicine) and the cramps have gone away. hope it doesn't come back.

Comment

Idiosyncratic (no known cause) of onset is the most exasperating!
          Autumn, prepare your sis that she might need a couple of 2nd opinions from gynae's.

I also suggest getting diagnoses from reputable Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practioners.
          Sometimes, TCM works wonders when it comes to regulating the body in instances when Western Medicine can't seem to find anything wrong.

Not that I'm recommending it, but my friend reported that her period cramps were gone when she does a bowel purge about a week before she expects her period. This is an anecdotal example of how fine-tuning of the body can work wonders.

Comment

yup my fren took bai feng wan too and it really works for her but I can't take it cos it's too "heaty" for me... i break out in fever and sore throat when i take that so i guess the best way would be to see the chinese doctor and get a proper prescription specially tailored to your needs

Comment

Originally posted by Vandalin
              read an email about fibroids in the womb and how that's suppose to cause really serious menstral cramps... don't know how true that is, but if you ladies are going for a check up, might as well get the doctor's opinion on it?

well just a suggestion...
              Ha ha ha .... I never had an advice for a "woman's problem" from a male before!

Yes, the doc's confirmed that I am showing early signs of fibroids.

Comment

Originally posted by stressed
                Ha ha ha .... I never had an advice for a "woman's problem" from a male before!

Yes, the doc's confirmed that I am showing early signs of fibroids.
                What are fibroids?? :huh:

Comment

fibroids or Uterine leiomyomas, are well-circumscribed, non-cancerous tumors arising from the myometrium (smooth muscle layer) of the uterus. Leiomyomas are usually detected in women in their 30's and 40's and will shrink after menopause in the absence of post-menopausal estrogen replacement therapy.

Comment

wow..thanks stressed!
                    other than severe cramps, how else does it manifest itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
                      wow..thanks stressed!
                      other than severe cramps, how else does it manifest itself?
                      Abnormal periods like irregularity, abnormal bleeding etc etc. No way to tell with symtoms like that coz some ladies are born to have abnormalities but they have perfectly healthy system. The only way to check is scanning.

HTH

Did I scare anyone away?

Comment

wow...another thing to watch out for in future! Thanks Stressed!

Comment

hey stressed, we should thank you for enlightening us! no worries about scaring anyone away.

Comment

Thanks stressed, well after advice and stories from numerous female friends, one does have an idea what to expect... From what I read, sometimes fibroids would cause problems in pregnancy and childbirth as well.

I always found chocs and rubs give some relief for cramps... i'll put that EPO thing down in my book of good ideas... bananas help with sports cramps, but I dunno about cramps from other areas... still they do provide a pretty good source of essential vitamins and minerals, so that might help. Just a thought...

Comment

i also have very terrible cramps during my periods. i heard a lot of horror stories too. i went for a gynae checkup and was really relieved that i don't have any cysts or fibroids. i will take panadol (the pink tablets for menstrual pain) when i cannot stand the pain.

Comment

Cramp

Grace may I know which chinese doctor u went to?

Comment

Working...
                                X