Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to buy for your colleagues when you are leaving the company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy for your colleagues when you are leaving the company?

Care to share what you bought for your colleagues when you leave? The norm seems to be chocs but what brand and how much to give? Each one 1 choc or 1 box?

I feel that it's not neccessary to buy gifts when you leave.
    But nice to give a small momento.

I received small photo frame and stud earrings from ex-colleagues.
    When I left my ex-co, I bought stalks of roses and carnations (for mummies) and distribute to the closer ones.
    Bought about 20 stalks in all.

Comment

It depends how close you are to them. If so-so only, chocs will be a good choice. Ferrero Rocher is good. For closer ones, you may wish to get more personalised items or useful stuff like a "mouse" which they can use and remember you at the same time.

Comment

Chocolates or mouse pad? Maybe cake for some close ones...

Comment

Hmm..I have around 20 plus colleagues ..so I bought individually packed pastries ( Sun biscuits from Taiwan because my mum happen to just have been there ) for the "masses" ..for all to share and for the colleagues whom I work closely with and whom really went out of their way to help me, I bought Royce chocolates for them , each box $14. Bought around 5 boxes in all. Plus thank gave thank you cards as well.

Comment

how about bosses? do we need to buy something for bosses if they give farewell treat?

Comment

Didn't buy anything. Instead, we have a farewell dinner together on my last day.

Comment

my ex colleague who just left got me a Precious Moments post it note pad. I love it, so sweet & practical...

I have gotten the below items from my ex-colleagues:-

Beanies
                Coin pouch
                Cushion
                Key Chains
                Cups
                Magnets
                Chocolates
                HP holders
                Hand Lotion

Comment

I have bought cakes for all to share and for closer ones, I gave them teacup set with a saucer along with a thank you card.

Comment

i feel food is the best... All Singaporeans like to eat.. haha

Easy food like cupcake or muffins will do..

Comment

I can't recall receiving farewell gifts. My colleagues would usually buy a meal or drinks when someone leaves. I guess it really depends on the so-called culture of the company.

Comment

ya ***.. me too.. leaving company 2morro but have no idea on what to buy this is the stupid culTure of this co man.. WasTe $$ onli.. SHag..

Comment

i got these for my ex colleagues.

Comment

if very close then i will give, if not i feel that this is not necessary.

if have to, probably a farewell lunch or farewell dinner can already.

Comment

if it's me, i will just buy some snacks/doughnuts/puffs for them. save the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X