cheongsams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dimples
    ^5, Meow and Mich. You ladies like the Miu Miu cheongsam too? I still can't make up my mind between the purple or green one. Probably by the time I do, it's out of season
    I like the purple one.....out of season is ok..can get steep discount!! Cheongsam is a classic anyway......Dimples, buy BOTH

Comment

What am I supposed to do with two of the same outfit btw? Wear the same one everyday of the week? :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
        I like the purple one.....out of season is ok..can get steep discount!! Cheongsam is a classic anyway......Dimples, buy BOTH
        buy both... wahhhh... $$$ x 2.

Comment

hey dear, do let us know how it goes k? im hoping to get a cheongsam done before i leave for Ldn.

Comment

no prob!! have not actually seen any samples yet. still in the early stages of discussion. will be meeting the cheongsam lady a.k.a doreen this evening to see what works best.
            Last edited by Glossie; 09-01-2005, 11:24 AM.

Comment

is she your friend?? how much is she charging??
              Last edited by Glossie; 09-01-2005, 11:24 AM.

Comment

it's a friend's "lobang". have not decided on final piece (cutting, length, fabric). but her quote was less than $200. my friends have seen her pieces and were suitably impressed. after i see the samples, will let you ladies know if they are nice.

"lobang" - connection, contact
                Last edited by Glossie; 09-01-2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

SIGH I guess it's age. Funky spunky cheongsams not my style anymore. I remember many years ago the short short cheongsam was so "in"

Now I prefer immaculate tailoring ala "In the Mood for Love"
                  OK doesn't mean I'll look like her at all but I'll try damned hard!

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                    it's a friend's "lobang". have not decided on final piece (cutting, length, fabric). but her quote was less than $200. my friends have seen her pieces and were suitably impressed. after i see the samples, will let you ladies know if they are nice.

"lobang" - connection, contact
                    if she's good, must recommend to us *must slim down* *must slim down*

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                      What am I supposed to do with two of the same outfit btw? Wear the same one everyday of the week? :roll:
                      no no no, wear one and pass one over to me!!

Comment

Yikes... that's what I'm afriad to hear.

Comment

Re: cheongsams

1. would you go for sleeveless, cap sleeve or 3/4?
                          cap sleeves

2. long/short?
                          either slightly above knee or slighly below knee with side slits all the way up.

3. actually, i might just go for a cheongsam top instead. top or dress?
                          dress!

4. footwear to match?
                          heels

i tailored a white cheongsam when i was younger (but i doubt i can fit into it anymore) was long with side slits and cap sleeves...

Comment

My thoughts...

1. Cap sleeves

2. Long, with a slit up to mid thigh at the side

3. entire dress. More elegant!

4. Mules (jimmy choos, perhaps? )

For some dressy ideas, check out BIYAN at The Link Boutique, Level 3 Palais Renaisance. His beaded and evening cheongsams are TO DIE FOR!!!!

Mich, you will definitely look good in a cheongsam! Consider making a couple more!

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                              michannat is no maggie cheung.
                              cos michannat is more PHWOAR and wheeeewheeeeeeet than maggie cheung!

the boutique at bugis junction (ted wu?) does some funky interpretations of the traditional cheongsam too. my friend got one made there for her ROM ceremony and it was WOW!

maybe go sneak in and have a look see?

anyway,
                              1. would you go for sleeveless, cap sleeve or 3/4?
                              cap sleeves. tho i kinda like the cut-in shoulder style too.

2. long/short?
                              slightly above knee or ending at knee.

3. actually, i might just go for a cheongsam top instead. top or dress?
                              dress! definitely!!

4. footwear to match?
                              there's a shop in HV that does custom made mules in thai silk. a pair made in thai silk of a similar color to your dress would be nice!

Comment

i've been talking about getting a cheongsam tailormade for the past 3 years but i've never gotten around to doing it ! Do let us know if your friend's "lobang" is good !

1. cap sleeves or halter neck

2. ending just below the knee with a high slit

3. i'd go with the dress, no point having a top tailor made when you can easily grab nice ones off the rack !

4. mules.

Comment

Working...
                                X