Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Very Careful With Your Pictures in Your LOCKED Journals...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Very Careful With Your Pictures in Your LOCKED Journals...

Besides ranting about the so called "Best Friend" of a prolific cotter here, I want to tell everyone that they need to be very careful because their friends on Live Journal can easily cross post their LOCKED ENTRIES on other sites, thus exposing the poor victim's pictures to be pilfered! My picture was in a LOCKED ENTRY, only visible to 6 people, and I know 3 of them are regulars on beauty forums, so that's easy peasy to know who stole my picture, and than Manic-Milo conveniently post my picture as her own.

Ok, i believe pictures speak a thousand words.... so my advice to all bloggers with LOCKED POSTS on LiveJournal, be very careful who your friends are...

http://manic-milo.livejournal.com/53415.html

Of Course she'll eventuall delete her post, but here's my journal, with screenshots taken, and submitted to LiveJournal. Of course I'll be reporting to the neccessary authorities and taking due action

http://shueby.livejournal.com/9567.html

I'm sorry that your girl friend is a bitch! I'm glad that you have decided to speak up and warn others....

Comment

But my picture that manic-Milo (who incidentally is a close friend of Kimoko, in case everyon'e wondering) deleted from her entry (but it's still visible on my journal) is a HUGE picture. It was huge and super clear, and that's NOT something which anyone can take it from an avatar. And that picture is NOT on my facebook account.

Comment

Nope, can't be, becoz my the picture which she deleted is very clear, and the one which I uploaded as my avatar has been scaled down tremendously. There isn't any application that can so call magically magnify a poor, tiny, LOW RESOLUTION picture. The picture which she stole and that she posted on her journal (before she deleted it) was the exact size and resolution (pixel count) on MY LOCKED ENTRY. There's no way that any software can magnify my tiny, poor quality avatar picture. Like I said before, I don't even post the said picture on FACEBOOK.

My journal is NOT even linked to my FACEBOOK. And what gives her the right to post MY picture as her own, in her journa? Surely only someone with very low esteem of herself, and sick in the brain, has to pilfer other people's pictures to post as her own. I've pictures of her to show to the whole who is she... but I'm not going to stoop to her level here.

And apparently, I am not the only one. I saw someone else's picture on her posts as well, and I've alerted the other LJ user too.

How's that for zero-integrity?
        Last edited by shueby; 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

So is this like some misunderstanding? (from what lily25 has posted anyway)
          As in, look at the screenshot lily25's taken, the exact same post by manic_milo shows another pic (that's diff from the one the topic starter has posted)

Comment

Why would anyone want to do this? Funny ***

Comment

Nope, that doesn't work, because you did not see the actual size of MY picture that she posted! But even if it's a lousy magnified picture from the avatar (which I don't think the resolution is as clear as the one SHE pilfered and posted on her journal -which of course she deleted it now)... that is still MY picture, NOT HERS. And she can blatantly post someone else's picture up on HER JOURNAL, as her own? How would you like it, if she posted YOUR picture as her own?

My post is chiefly to warn everyone who has locked posts on LIVEJOURNAL, to be careful. The issue with her posting my picture is something which I will seek all sorts of necessary action. It's not for you to tell me what should be done.

Comment

hi girls, it is possible to access locked entries on LJ through this website called http://ljfind.com or something like that. but you can "remove your journal" from being searched or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by reldyn View Post
                  hi girls, it is possible to access locked entries on LJ through this website called http://ljfind.com or something like that. but you can "remove your journal" from being searched or something like that.
                  Yes, I've heard of something like that. My journal is removed from the search function since day one... but for someone to stoop so low as to post my picture as her own.... is just beyond me.....

Anyway, i've reported the case to LJ, and I've already seek the neccessary actions from my legal counsels in my company. I will definitely not let this rest, because it can happen to anyone, and why should victims suffer silently, so that people like them get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by lily25
                    You don't understand or anything???? I tell you she didn't manage any of your picks. She posted a new entry with this application where everyone gets to see their own avatar.... Chill.
                    Yes, but I posted MY picture in my locked entry in June, and MY picture is taken in June, She edited her entry in February to put in MY PICTURE (which wasn't even taken in February). If you do not understand the issue, please do not assume. How can my picture magically appear in my avatar in FEBRUARY 2008, when it's taken in June 2008? You see my point?

And why should I just quietly let her even pilfer my avatar picture? Do I pilfer hers or anyone else's? NO. Read up Live journal's Privacy issues, if you don't believe me.

Like I said, the actions I'm taking are mine alone. My post is originally meant to warn others. If she hasn't done this to me and other people on LiveJournal, would my post be here? NO.

Comment

i've picture of her which of course I will not be posting here, because there's no way I would stoop to her level. For those of you who are not convinced that both of us look nothing like each other, and that's MY DOG in the picture (which I have at least 1,00 pictures to proof, his birthcert and microchip number) PM me and I will not hesitate to show you HER picture.

Comment

Originally posted by shueby View Post
                        Yes, but I posted MY picture in my locked entry in June, and MY picture is taken in June, She edited her entry in February to put in MY PICTURE (which wasn't even taken in February). If you do not understand the issue, please do not assume. How can my picture magically appear in my avatar in FEBRUARY 2008, when it's taken in June 2008? You see my point?

And why should I just quietly let her even pilfer my avatar picture? Do I pilfer hers or anyone else's? NO. Read up Live journal's Privacy issues, if you don't believe me.

Like I said, the actions I'm taking are mine alone. My post is originally meant to warn others. If she hasn't done this to me and other people on LiveJournal, would my post be here? NO.
                        From my understanding of your account, that's doesn't make sense.
                        Assuming she did steal your pic to pass off as her own,
                        If your pic was taken in June, where did the LJ user find that pic to edit her post in Feb? (Since you mentioned she edited her post in Feb to post that pic up?)

Did the LJ user remove that post? (I'm not too sure since I don't see anything in the post) If she did, I think the LJ user shouldn't have removed that post, she's just destroying whatever that'd have helped her clear her name (provided she's not 'guilty').
                        I guess then it's up to the topic starter to clear things then, since she's insisting on pursuing a lawsuit.

Okay I'll shut up now, chill yeah.

Comment

every time you change your avatar, and hit this page http://manic-milo.livejournal.com/53415.html you get to see your new avatar, big and clear.
                          Did you even bother to read the comments below the so called pic. They are all surprised but definitely get the joke eventually...
                          But it's still my picture, which is up there, and

a) I'm definitely not her friend
                          b) I do not even know her in real life or online
                          c) why post my avatar (which was only up in June 200, in her February 2008 entry?
                          d) and what is she trying to achieve, posting my picture on her journal?

The rest, I'll let my legal counsel handle it... but for now, yes again, I will NOT let this matter rest, application or no application, avatar or no avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by tearsofsky View Post
                            From my understanding of your account, that's doesn't make sense.
                            Assuming she did steal your pic to pass off as her own,
                            If your pic was taken in June, where did the LJ user find that pic to edit her post in Feb? (Since you mentioned she edited her post in Feb to post that pic up?)

Did the LJ user remove that post? (I'm not too sure since I don't see anything in the post) If she did, I think the LJ user shouldn't have removed that post, she's just destroying whatever that'd have helped her clear her name (provided she's not 'guilty').
                            I guess then it's up to the topic starter to clear things then, since she's insisting on pursuing a lawsuit.

Okay I'll shut up now, chill yeah.
                            Exactly my point.... My picture was only taken in June 2008, and I only posted it in my locked entries, and used a terribly scaled down version of the said picture in my avatar, somewhere in the 1st week of July. For her to even lift it out of anywhere in June / July , then go and re-edit her FEBRUARY entry and post MY picture says alot about her intention (I've been advised by my legal counsel not to give away any more information). Why would someone do that when it clearly isn't her avatar, her picture, her friend's picture, or her dog, to begin with?

Like I said earlier, this post is to warn others what could possibly happen to them. All actions that follow have been discussed with my firm's legal counsels, so I'm definitely taking all actions.

Comment

She is not my friend either, I don't know her either, I never added her as afriend in lj etc what don't you understand???? ANYONE WITH A FREAKING LJ ACC WILL SEE THEIR OWN AVATAR
                              the appplication applies to everybody with an LJ acc. Not you specifically.
                              Yes, but you don't understand, that is my picture. And it wasn't even available in February 2008. It was taken in June 2008. So what does that spell out - what is her intention here? Get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X