Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Very Careful With Your Pictures in Your LOCKED Journals...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I said I'll shut up but I can't resist putting in afew words of what I see (totally objective!)

I think what lily25 is trying to say is that, yes even though the post might be dated Feb, it's an entry with probably codes for an application that will show your CURRENT avatar in LJ when you're viewing her post and it doesn't matter what size was your avatar in originally.

I tried it out (yes I'm currently v free hahaha):
    I used a pic w dimensions 179x216 as my avatar.
    When I clicked on the LJ user's post that you quoted,
    I got this:

The code enabled MY avatar pic to be resized to many times bigger.

That was what lily25 has been trying to say all along.
    You pic was used as avatar in June, hence explains why when you visited that link in June, you'll prob see your pic enlarged in her post. If you look at the link again, you prob see your current avatar in her post?

Comment

next time shld jus watermark your pictures..

Comment

Originally posted by lily25

Lol
        I'm such a hacker!
        Oh, googling my dog's name to get my facebook badge is nothing new.... anyway, 500-oddish people are on my friend's list, so eveyone gets to see that picture... no biggie!! plus, I've my badge is not restricted to friends only on facebook, so yeah, your hacking skills aren't stellar either

Comment

Originally posted by tearsofsky View Post
          I know I said I'll shut up but I can't resist putting in afew words of what I see (totally objective!)

I think what lily25 is trying to say is that, yes even though the post might be dated Feb, it's an entry with probably codes for an application that will show your CURRENT avatar in LJ when you're viewing her post and it doesn't matter what size was your avatar in originally.

I tried it out (yes I'm currently v free hahaha):
          I used a pic w dimensions 179x216 as my avatar.
          When I clicked on the LJ user's post that you quoted,
          I got this:

The code enabled MY avatar pic to be resized to many times bigger.

That was what lily25 has been trying to say all along.
          You pic was used as avatar in June, hence explains why when you visited that link in June, you'll prob see your pic enlarged in her post. If you look at the link again, you prob see your current avatar in her post?

If you read other people's remarks, none of them were referring to any of my old avatar. I only had 1 default avatar earlier on, and that's the one with my dog's face.

And to stick my avatar up as her picture ... let me see, is that correct, under privacy rules? If that's fun and games, she can jolly well stick her own avatar up, right?

Comment

seems weird.. i didn't use that as my lj avatar? where did that familar pic came from.. T_T

Comment

Originally posted by lily25
              This person stole my purse... Boohoooo
              hahahaha... be careful, the person could be taking screenshots and reporting to facebook...... this is too funny!

Comment

It's an external application which she added in her Livejournal entry. Let's say, if I click that entry of hers, the picture in her entry will be OUR avatar/picture, right?

Can someone correct me?

Comment

omg why don't you get it! I went to take a look and it's so obvious how it works -_-

different people see different things! why don't you get it.....

Comment

shueby: what lily25 was trying to say all this time is that the girl did not copy your pic!

it's an application that codes for anyone's avatar.

for example, if A has an avatar of a bat, when she visits that page, a big picture of a bat(A's avatar pic) will show up. If B has an avatar of a pig, when she visits that page, a big picture of a pig will show up.

therefore, when you went in june 2008 to her feb 2008 post, your june 2008 avatar pic showed up!

it's an application! meaning that she did not manually steal your avatar pic and pass off as her own. in fact, no one can see that pic that you print screened for us to see because they don't have it as their avatar pic!

Comment

i think she has removed the application to prevent further misunderstandings.

if you go and read the comment above yours, she says : "Hahaha... I got a worse shock than you when i saw my 'picture' on a foreign community. Took us a while to figure it out."

she was shocked the first time she saw HER OWN PICTURE on some other place that she does not know. she figured out later that it was an application.

if you continue reading the comment after yours, someone said "May I ask how did you get MY picture on your post? I would like you to remove it IMMEDIATELY. I do not know you and you have no right to post pictures of others that you do not know of."

she had saw HER OWN PICTURE, not your picture.

and her second comment on her own blog said: "A cool trick i found in another LJ commitee..." i dont think copying people's picture and putting it on their own page is a trick at all. she must have refered to the application which allows you to see YOUR OWN PIC!!!

do you get it now?

Comment

Originally posted by shueby View Post
                        Besides ranting about the so called "Best Friend" of a prolific cotter here, I want to tell everyone that they need to be very careful because their friends on Live Journal can easily cross post their LOCKED ENTRIES on other sites, thus exposing the poor victim's pictures to be pilfered! My picture was in a LOCKED ENTRY, only visible to 6 people, and I know 3 of them are regulars on beauty forums, so that's easy peasy to know who stole my picture, and than Manic-Milo conveniently post my picture as her own.

Ok, i believe pictures speak a thousand words.... so my advice to all bloggers with LOCKED POSTS on LiveJournal, be very careful who your friends are...

http://manic-milo.livejournal.com/53415.html

Of Course she'll eventuall delete her post, but here's my journal, with screenshots taken, and submitted to LiveJournal. Of course I'll be reporting to the neccessary authorities and taking due action

http://shueby.livejournal.com/9567.html
                        I am manic_milo, please follow this link and see for yourself on WHY you THINK i am stealing your picture. Seems like you don't really understand that this is a 'icon trick'.

http://community.livejournal.com/wtf_inc/5259197.html

Comment

lily25: Do you mind taking down that screen shot? because it HAPPENS to my picture! I am pretty sure that I didn't cross your path and neither do i know you in real life. Please use others as examples. Thank you.
                          p/s: aching all over because I am a mommy to be. kiddo is due next year around march. thank you.

Comment

shueby: mind deleting that quoted post with my picture on it? Thank you. I prefer privacy.

Comment

Kimoko: it's not about stealing issue down here. i do not like being used as an example of screenshots. thank you.

Comment

kimoko: doesn't have another account. sigh....

Comment

Working...
                                X