Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Very Careful With Your Pictures in Your LOCKED Journals...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-_-" nevermind, shall ask another galfriend of mine to take a look tomorrow then.

Comment

Originally posted by Signo View Post
      It's an external application which she added in her Livejournal entry. Let's say, if I click that entry of hers, the picture in her entry will be OUR avatar/picture, right?

Can someone correct me?

Yes THANK YOU. Glad that you understand what is going on. Its just a application which i took from another Lj community. Everybody can only see their own pic and not others.

Comment

OMG!!! ITZ JUST AN APPLICATION...can somebody translate this sentence to all languages for better understanding for people who do not understand? Gosh!!!

Comment

i just learnt this application right here and i find it pretty interesting. ha! people who still dont get it, maybe should try reading thru' the explainations again. its pretty simple code, which extracts and shows your own avatar of your own facebook/ LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by shueby View Post
            But it's still my picture, which is up there, and

a) I'm definitely not her friend
            b) I do not even know her in real life or online
            c) why post my avatar (which was only up in June 200, in her February 2008 entry?
            d) and what is she trying to achieve, posting my picture on her journal?

The rest, I'll let my legal counsel handle it... but for now, yes again, I will NOT let this matter rest, application or no application, avatar or no avatar.

You know, i WOULD like to see you try suing me over your 'picture' that i allegedly stolen from you.

I do not even know you, why would i 'steal' your picture. So when other users see their own picture in my post, all of them should sue me too?

Try this experiment ok?
            Get a friend using a different computer & whom has a Livejournal account , log in with your respective LJ username together. Then go to my post and check with each other what you see on the page.

If you still do not understand what is going on then i have no words. By the way i can also sue you for libel for what you have written here and in your Livejournal about me.

Take it easy alright?

Cheers !!

Comment

relax, girls...it's just a misunderstanding. shueby probably just got overreacted over the application. You probably will if you dun understand it and "experience" it on another's blog entry. Maybe she's just a private person, that's why she's acting like that..

Comment

Originally posted by vivavoomz View Post
                relax, girls...it's just a misunderstanding. shueby probably just got overreacted over the application. You probably will if you dun understand it and "experience" it on another's blog entry. Maybe she's just a private person, that's why she's acting like that..
                I understand where you are coming from. We had the same shocked reaction when we first saw it at another LJ community.

But shouldn't she clarify with me first before using degrading terms in her posts?

Comment

erm. I duno who you are, macromedia003. are u manic_milo?

Maybe it went a little too far, but some ppl tend to over-react. Probably her picture was super big on your blog entry. Perhaps both sides shld just take a step back. I'm not saying shueby has no fault either. But I see no point in provoking her. If she can't seem to get it because she refuses to listen, and insist on getting her lawyers to sue, just let her do it and make a joke out of it.

shueby: If you are reading this, you really will be wasting your time if you decide to seek legal help. If you still do not understand what this code is about, let me explain. It's just a code, an application with a picture that mirrors whatever is linked to your account. Noone else, except urself will see that picture. This happens when you are logged in. When you log out and log in via another person's account e.g. A's , you will see A's picture. There is no photo-stealing involved. You are merely being shown a picture that you only haf access to. It's just for prank purposes.

I'd hope to help by posting pictures to let you understand but the code doesn't work on me.

Hope this helps to clear up a bit.

Comment

Yes i am manic_milo.

I am not provoking her, merely trying to explain to her what a few cotters has been trying to do as well. Ohh also trying to get an apology from her. We'll see..

Comment

Hahaha this is damn funny.

Some anal girl going bonkers over an amazing app!

MY PICTURE ITS MY PICTURE OMG STOP STEALINGZ!!!11ONE1!! TAKE IT DOWN I'M GONNA SUE!!111!!111!!!! ITS MY PICTURE!! IN MY LOCKED JOURNAL!! U NOT MY FRIEND!!!11 ITS MY PICTURE X 1000 AND I GOT PROOF + EXIF FILE!!111

And assuming she deleted her friends afterwards: Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by macromedia003 View Post
                        Yes i am manic_milo.

I am not provoking her, merely trying to explain to her what a few cotters has been trying to do as well. Ohh also trying to get an apology from her. We'll see..
                        Haha great app!

Apparently she's too noob to understand.

Quote from her blog:
                        Quickly do a print screen of that entry and copy the URL. LiveJournal needs every bit of information they can get. If you need legal advice, drop me a message.... my legal counsel saw this and immediately advised me what to do. People like that should NEVER be able to get away with this!

What's worst, the picture is in my locked post, and only 6 people can see that... and I have a very good idea who was the one who stole it, post it in another forum. I've also reported the other person to LiveJournal. I would say.... be very careful, even on locked posts.

Right now, I'm limiting my locked posts to just 2 people on my list. One I totally trust, tne other is such a sweetie, who has more important things on her hands!
                        Conclusion: 4 poor friends got deleted. 1 got reported. Legal counsel brought in.

Reason: 1 app.

Seriously, nobody cares about your dog picture, ok?

Your "friends" should sue you for defamation.
                        Last edited by Aprilz; 02-08-2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

its a CHEAT CODE for goodness sake...shueby i really suggest tt u get the whole situation str8 before u start defaming ppl like tt in a public forum

dun u ever find it weird y so many ppl can act see their own avatars at tt same link/entry??? it doesn't make sense if its jus a plain case of stealing ur dog pic rite. if tts the case, we shld all see ur dog pic there when we go to the link, but we dun~~ we see our own avatars~

how can anyone be so free to bother stealing the whole wide world's avatar pics, so that it automatically changes to let each person see their own avatar when they go to the same particular entry, w the pic displayed at the same spot no less... -________- its the LJ code playing the trick~~

Comment

Yeah, I saw my previous CC avatar there! Haha
                            It's the same code thingy as for the facebook app. which lily25 posted right?

I think the threadstarter owes manic_milo an apology!!!
                            Next time , get to the bottom of the issue first before posting all these online.
                            You only end up making yourself look bad.

Comment

OMG such a reaction over a funny application..Over reaction I mean..Like seriously..Take a chill pill..

Comment

I don`t even need to log in to my LJ to understand how the application works. Just by reading the comments, what Kimoko and her buddy said is enough to make me understand totally.

Why do you keep insisting *** you are right no matter how much everyone has tried to explain? Don`t you just get it? I don`t think manic_milo gives a hoot about your picture, wad more 'stealing' it and posting it as her own. And if she meant to steal, I don`t think she would give a title like "Does this look familiar?"

C`mon laaa, you`re making yourself look bad.

Even if you are a private person, there are other ways to get to the bottom of things instead of blasting her this way. Don`t waste your time, nerve and money.

Or.... you probably know\understand already but is just acting not to. An apology isn`t expensive anyway.

Just my thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X