Any mums to be or mums here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any mums to be or mums here?

just wondering as im 9 weeks pregnant now and my emotion has been on a rollercoaster and my appetite seem to get worst as i keep on no appetite but will force myself to eat. Not to mention the puking too and the urge to puke

Originally posted by mumtobe123 View Post
    just wondering as im 9 weeks pregnant now and my emotion has been on a rollercoaster and my appetite seem to get worst as i keep on no appetite but will force myself to eat. Not to mention the puking too and the urge to puke
    Don't worry too much. You are into your first semster. Once you pass this phase, you will be fine.

You may like to try this. Eat some biscuits with some milk at intervals. If you can, break your meals into a few portions.

Take care.

cheers

Comment

Hi New mummy to be...
      I totally understand your woes as i had the same prob. in my 1st pregnancy. I had depression. I would be happy one minute, only to flare up the next or go into a depression and cry non-stop. Just try to be positive whenever it strikes you i guess... that's what i did. Listened to my fav. album, catch a nice movie, shopping etc. do something u like. Have your "OWN" time. I hope it'll help you... As for food, though it's impt that u have enough for the baby to grow [my appetite was so bad that my baby hardly grew till it was a bg concern by 24th month! All i wanted to eat was StrawberryMaltesers! ] As for puking, i puked thru' out my 9 mths for my 1st and 2nd preg. so the morning sickness thingy was practically a day and night 24 hrs ritual for me. After a while, you'll get use to the sickness [though it can be really bad] and you'll enjoy ur preg. esp. when u can feel ur baby moving inside you, kicking you etc. =) I'm very sure you will. Your puking should hopefully ease off after a few months like some mummies too. So not all pregnancies are bad. My 3rd one is good. i travelled 3 times while i was pregnant! So it can turn well. Just be positive! =) I'm sure there are a lot of mummies here who can listen and share ur joy and understand the "sickness " you're feeling now and will go thru. =)

Comment

Originally posted by veraclari View Post
        Hi New mummy to be...
        I totally understand your woes as i had the same prob. in my 1st pregnancy. I had depression. I would be happy one minute, only to flare up the next or go into a depression and cry non-stop. Just try to be positive whenever it strikes you i guess... that's what i did. Listened to my fav. album, catch a nice movie, shopping etc. do something u like. Have your "OWN" time. I hope it'll help you... As for food, though it's impt that u have enough for the baby to grow [my appetite was so bad that my baby hardly grew till it was a bg concern by 24th month! All i wanted to eat was StrawberryMaltesers! ] As for puking, i puked thru' out my 9 mths for my 1st and 2nd preg. so the morning sickness thingy was practically a day and night 24 hrs ritual for me. After a while, you'll get use to the sickness [though it can be really bad] and you'll enjoy ur preg. esp. when u can feel ur baby moving inside you, kicking you etc. =) I'm very sure you will. Your puking should hopefully ease off after a few months like some mummies too. So not all pregnancies are bad. My 3rd one is good. i travelled 3 times while i was pregnant! So it can turn well. Just be positive! =) I'm sure there are a lot of mummies here who can listen and share ur joy and understand the "sickness " you're feeling now and will go thru. =)
        Haha... thanks.. I keep craving for junk food and lots of other weird food. But i cant finish my dinner.. and keep on wanna vomit.. hungry but want to vomit after food.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Chua View Post
          Don't worry too much. You are into your first semster. Once you pass this phase, you will be fine.

You may like to try this. Eat some biscuits with some milk at intervals. If you can, break your meals into a few portions.

Take care.

cheers
          Everytime i drink my enfamama milk i would vomit out.. the spolitting part very headache cause im very picky on food and is always clueless on what to eat

Comment

Originally posted by mumtobe123 View Post
            Everytime i drink my enfamama milk i would vomit out.. the spolitting part very headache cause im very picky on food and is always clueless on what to eat
            You could check with your gynae on the kind of drink that is suitable for you. I pity you and those who have this.

I am thankful as my two pregnancies were a breeze. The only things I could not smell is fresh pork and when the rice is cooking otherwise I am fine. Food wise I am not picky. I craved for western food when I had my son and for my daughter I crave for oriental food.

Comment

Lucky you Mummy Jean! =) it was only easy for me on my 3rd pregnancy. hahahha

Mum to be,

Perhaps u can take fresh milk instead? Or try adding Milo? I hated the powdery taste of Enfamama so i added lots of Milo [which can be a tad heaty] or alternatively, take Fresh Milk or even Soybean milk. =) Oh yes, like Jean says, having small meals helpS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Chua View Post
                You could check with your gynae on the kind of drink that is suitable for you. I pity you and those who have this.

I am thankful as my two pregnancies were a breeze. The only things I could not smell is fresh pork and when the rice is cooking otherwise I am fine. Food wise I am not picky. I craved for western food when I had my son and for my daughter I crave for oriental food.
                you`re so lucky.. im so envy.. i`m sensitive to my dog`s poo smell

Comment

Originally posted by veraclari View Post
                  Lucky you Mummy Jean! =) it was only easy for me on my 3rd pregnancy. hahahha

Mum to be,

Perhaps u can take fresh milk instead? Or try adding Milo? I hated the powdery taste of Enfamama so i added lots of Milo [which can be a tad heaty] or alternatively, take Fresh Milk or even Soybean milk. =) Oh yes, like Jean says, having small meals helpS.
                  Doc tell me to eat what i want for now

But i keep having cravings for coke, previously i had cravings for soyabean milk and drank lots of it

Comment

When I had my 1st child, I would even vomit while brushing teeth. Try not to eat too full and eat in small portion. You can try nibble on dry toast or biscuits. I actually steered away from milk as I hated the aftertaste of it after the vomitting. I think you should go easily on the coke. It is not healthy for you and the foetus.

Comment

Hi mumtobe

Your puking is likely due to morning sickness, it should ease off come your 2nd trimester, in the meantime, maybe you can try taking sour plums or other sourish tidbits / sweets to ease the discomfort from the urge to puke? Like what most of the mummies have mentioned here, taking food in smaller proportions does help a lot ... for me during my pregnancy I had craving for stronger tasting food esp tom yam soup and the sichuan hot and spicy soup, so I had more of those stuff, but of course I moderate the intake accordingly as it could be quite heaty.

As for milk intake, what veraclari suggested was a good idea, mixing your milk powder into milo / ovaltine / horlicks to mask the taste that you do not like. For me, I resorted to drinking the chocolate flavour HL milk cos' I got sick of the fresh milk taste after a while. And I still had my regular intake of tea everyday of course without letting anyone in my family know . As what your gynae says, you can eat whatever you want, just in moderation. For coke, it's prob no harm drinking once a while, but do take note that it's quite sweet, and your sugar level may hit real high if you don't moderate the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterann View Post
                        When I had my 1st child, I would even vomit while brushing teeth. Try not to eat too full and eat in small portion. You can try nibble on dry toast or biscuits. I actually steered away from milk as I hated the aftertaste of it after the vomitting. I think you should go easily on the coke. It is not healthy for you and the foetus.
                        Problem is im too picky on food and dont eat bread biscuits, chocolates and sweets.

I try to limit my coke to once a day

Comment

Originally posted by pine3 View Post
                          Hi mumtobe

Your puking is likely due to morning sickness, it should ease off come your 2nd trimester, in the meantime, maybe you can try taking sour plums or other sourish tidbits / sweets to ease the discomfort from the urge to puke? Like what most of the mummies have mentioned here, taking food in smaller proportions does help a lot ... for me during my pregnancy I had craving for stronger tasting food esp tom yam soup and the sichuan hot and spicy soup, so I had more of those stuff, but of course I moderate the intake accordingly as it could be quite heaty.

As for milk intake, what veraclari suggested was a good idea, mixing your milk powder into milo / ovaltine / horlicks to mask the taste that you do not like. For me, I resorted to drinking the chocolate flavour HL milk cos' I got sick of the fresh milk taste after a while. And I still had my regular intake of tea everyday of course without letting anyone in my family know . As what your gynae says, you can eat whatever you want, just in moderation. For coke, it's prob no harm drinking once a while, but do take note that it's quite sweet, and your sugar level may hit real high if you don't moderate the intake.
                          Sourish things make me wanna puke more

But problem is i dont like holick or milo or any milk, they all make me want to puke.. Very difficult drinking things..

Comment

I'm also in the early weeks of pregnancy. I'm depressed at times and I can't stand any strong smells at all. I can only stand pasta, toast and kim chi soup! I used to love drinking water but now I can only stomach fizzy drinks. And I feel tired all the time. ;p

I've checked with my gynae on coke; she told me it's okay to drink it. But I read in a pregnancy book that it's actually good to avoid caffeine (coke, tea, coffee etc) as there may be a link to miscarriage. So maybe go easy on the coke?

My gynae told me not to worry too much about food; she had a patient who survived only on sweet potatoes but gave birth to a healthy baby. Of course we should try to eat as healthily as possible, but the foetus is a hardy creature, it will cream off whatever it can get from us.

Comment

hi mumtobe123,
                              congrats on your pregnancy!

i've had morning sickness for my current pregnancy but luckily i didnt puke. Anyway, our of the blue, i got craving for green apples and i ate alot of green apples, almost 2 green apples a day in the morning and it seems to help cheer up my day and ease my morning sickness.

So maybe you can try experimenting eating fruits to ease the puking?

Comment

Working...
                              X