Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to add on, i didnt get to buy a lot of stuff from platinum mall as i was at bkk for a day only. and SO wanna cover a few places so kinda in a rush. SO wanna go MBK for car parts.

anyway, girls who wanna go shopping can just concentrate at platinum mall. i didnt visit CTC cos i dunno where is it and i cant stand the heat.
    platinum mall is LOVE.

Comment

• Originally posted by leyna View Post
      yup! personally, i feel that its quite reasonable priced after getting at least 3 pieces so i dont really dare to bargain.

i got 3 dress from the same shop at 250baht per dress

tshirt at 180baht each

korean style tshirt with those chiffon popping out at 160baht each

denim jumper at 360baht

my SO got 3 tshirts at 130 baht each and berms at 200 baht.

and not to forget to visit naraya. its really very cheap there.

got 1 small size tote at 170 baht and 1 medium size at 270baht and MU pouch with mirror at 70baht.
      That time I bought 3 dress, initial price also around 250 baht, den I bargain till 200 baht each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raining-Poo View Post
        anyone booked through www.sg.pyotravel.com before?
        reliable? please advice! thanks~~
        I did not book through online. I just went to the hotel and check in, can bargain for the price too

Comment

anyone booked through www.sg.pyotravel.com before?
          reliable? please advice! thanks~~
          Hihi

Yup i booked from this wesbite before. there have one of the cheapest hotels rate around.
          Last year when i went to BKK, i booked my baiyoke boutique room from here. only sgd45 per night with bfast=)

Comment

• just got back from BKK last night...

hotel : best western mayfair, very good services from the staffs, anyway the Thais are always smiley and helpful. room is very new and ok size for 2. free internet access at lobby good when you need last minute checking of maps. location wise is not good, got to walk to main road about 15mins, but there is free tuk tuk to send you out. breakfast wise, very limited spread, which is good for me as i want to eat outside! room service food is not bad, good if u are hungry at night, last order 11pm. tangerine spa is cheap and good when you need a recharge back at hotel.

shopping: didnt buy a lot at platinum mall, all cannot try, so hard to buy. i am also very picky. tshirts can buy, very cheap. CTC is good for shopping, some very nice designer wear inside, you got to spend time to explore, but very very hot, but definetly worth it. in total i bought about 19 or so clothes. i spend more on accessories - love their hand craft. MBK talior made shirts there, 900 for 1, which is ok. Siam paragon/ square and Central mall also not bad to shop, a lot of nice clothes but expensive. naraya is so cheap. outside of central mall has some stalls at night, can walk. but CTC overall is the cheapest and good.

food: platinum mall food court is very yummy, like all say the oyster is nice, the sharkfin is also nice, only 150 in claypot size for 2 is enough. wanton noodles also good. the kueh kueh and the sticky rice mango is good ! eat there for 2 days. decide to drop the Fuji restaurant although very cheap but japanese food can eat here. black canyon coffee i love the black hazelnut frappe - so thick and nice! chinatown i eat at T and K, veyr cheap and good standard. across the road can buy local goods.

love the thais, everyone is so helpful to us, but of coz not refering to the tuk tuk and taxi drivers that are out to earn your money, but they also earning their living, so if possible let them keep the change if you can. 1 thing i am so impress is their toilet seriously, the platinum mall toilet is cleaner than the takashimaya toilet here. even CTC toilet is ok, not so bad. and guess which toilet is the worst? the airport toilet! - dirty by tourist!

Comment

• may i know the different between these 2 locations. Sukhumvit and Pratunam
              which location is more recommended to stay at? TIA

Comment

• missyrae, depends on what you going to do in BKK, Shkhumvit area has lots of nice spa, unique restaurants, clubbing places.. where by pratunam is about shopping!! walking distance to most of the shopping center!

I'm going in 2 weeks time! can't wait! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by initialD View Post
                  missyrae, depends on what you going to do in BKK, Shkhumvit area has lots of nice spa, unique restaurants, clubbing places.. where by pratunam is about shopping!! walking distance to most of the shopping center!

I'm going in 2 weeks time! can't wait! :D
                  Wow, that's fast. How I wish to go now too u got me lemming to go BKK
                  If I am really going this year, probably I will head west to visit temples, Grand Palace & the Siriraj Hospital Museum. Really intrigue about their culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by crissielyy View Post
                    Hihi

Yup i booked from this wesbite before. there have one of the cheapest hotels rate around.
                    Last year when i went to BKK, i booked my baiyoke boutique room from here. only sgd45 per night with bfast=)
                    Thanks dear!
                    I'll be going to BKK this weekend.. can't wait! It's a real last minute thing hahaa...!

Just want to check if Charles and Keith there would be more expensive than SG?

And which Healthland Spa is nearest to Pratunam? Or other similar spa centres? :D
                    Last edited by Raining-Poo; 15-07-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Haha once u reach there dont think u will go buy C&K shoes anymore. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by tingdangg View Post
                        Haha once u reach there dont think u will go buy C&K shoes anymore. LOL
                        Ya. raining-poo: you will find shoes at Platinum Mall, CTC, Suan Lum at a very cheap price
                        How long is your stay there?

Comment

Thanks dear!
                          I'll be going to BKK this weekend.. can't wait! It's a real last minute thing hahaa...!

And which Healthland Spa is nearest to Pratunam? Or other similar spa centres? :D
                          Regarding spas, I'm not too sure.

Comment

Thanks dear!

c&k should be more ex coz my thai colleague always comes to here to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by miekaye View Post
                              c&k should be more ex coz my thai colleague always comes to here to buy.
                              CMF that Charles & Keith in Bkk is much more expensive than here.

For Spa, u better find it along Sukhumvit Road ( u can take sky train to Sukhumvit area) coz there give a good service with quality products.

Comment

• hello all!
                                i'll probably be going bangkok next weekend!
                                whee first time there~~

anyone stayed at novotel siam square before? any reviews on it and the places nearby?

oh and also, sorry if i'm asking a noob question, but are non-biometric passports still valid for travel? my mum's passport is still the non-biometric one, but it still has more than 1 year validity.

thanks! =))

Comment

Working...
                                X