Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky: I'd say Centrepoint is much better. While researching for hotels, I didn't come across many great reviews for First House. However, I do know people who have stayed there before... and if staying on a budget is a priority to you, then I guess you can try that. Try the other places like cianna suggested. There are lots of budget hotels in Pratunam that are newer and affordable

Comment

• Miss Mysterious
      & miracle: I would say that it's pretty safe to to there now. I came back about 1-2 weeks ago and everything seemed fine. Just that one shouldn't expect prices/shopping to be super cheap, cos things were pretty much about the same price as before the chaos started. And the shop-keepers aren't thaaaat willing to bargain!

Comment

• hello

anyone going there 2nd week of july? i m in the midst of getting air tix during that period. =)

Comment

• Hey slinky...kayyyleee is totally right. First hotel is way too old and trust me u wouldn't like there Those hotel i suggested is having half price now..lol How i know is becos i'm flying there nxt week, just did a research. Omg, i can't believe either bt this is the right time to go I'm still struggling to stay at Sukhumit or Pratunam area...hee

Comment

• cianna: Haha I went to BKK at the same time as some acquaintances. They were the ones staying at First House, so I went to check out reviews online to see if I wanted to stay there with them (we're not that close so it wasn't a priority to me). I was kinda turned off by some comments, and the place seemed old.

Comment

• misssunshine: I'm intending to go on 16 July. sourcing for cheap tix now.

Comment

• yea lo. pratunam seem to have a number of new hotels. anybody stayed in lemonseed room or my hotel before? any reviews?

Comment

• Originally posted by le_mon View Post
                  yea lo. pratunam seem to have a number of new hotels. anybody stayed in lemonseed room or my hotel before? any reviews?
                  I never tried lemonseed before, I usually stay at Best western, my hotel is right behind best western....my hotel is newer like only opened early last year when i was there. I've compare the facilities, everything is newer..tuktuk will bring u out to the main road which is under first hotel. As for the attitude and service of their concierge i am not sure. The distance to pratunam market is v v near..

Keyyylee...when are u going??

Comment

• First House and First Hotel are different hotels. I think First Hotel is the one outside. Would love to stay at Centerpoint again because its really nice, but now on a budget, so First House is only around S$40 per night (which is less than half the price of Centerpoint) and its one of the nearest to Platinium Mall which is my ultimate aim. Its only a 2 star hotel... cant expect too much then. Seems like no one here stayed there before hahaha

Comment

• agree that best western really not bad. haha quite near platinum. lemonseed room is behind first hotel & it cost only 1000baht! but seem like nobody stayed there before. haha.

Comment

• cianna: I went a few weeks back... hehe. Just after all the chaos ended (cos I booked tickets a few months ago). But thinking of going again soon! Maybe August?

Comment

• Originally posted by le_mon View Post
                          agree that best western really not bad. haha quite near platinum. lemonseed room is behind first hotel & it cost only 1000baht! but seem like nobody stayed there before. haha.
                          I've checked lemonseed website...seems like their room is really big, but if u considered safety a big concern...then lemonseed is not so good ***? cos i noticed they used normal door lock which is rather easy to ply open and if u are those that placed your important documents in the room such as passport, u probably wants a safe deposit box..lemon don't seems to have the safe box.

Comment

• Originally posted by menvourneen View Post
                            Hi cotters,

i need to urgently let go of 3 tix on Tiger Airways to BKK.

Departing SING on July 1st at 06.30am (TR2102) &
                            departing BKK on July 4th at 20:10pm (TR2109)

Letting go at $200 each including checked in luggage, negotiable.
                            Pls PM me, thanks thanks!
                            hey, are your tics still available?
                            is there any way to contact u? thanks.

Comment

• hi babes, i'm going bkk next fri, am thinking where in sg has the best exchange rates.. and wonder what are the must buys from bkk now..

btw, anyone has any idea if authentic longchamp is cheaper over there? =)

Comment

• Originally posted by charchar86 View Post
                                hi babes, i'm going bkk next fri, am thinking where in sg has the best exchange rates.. and wonder what are the must buys from bkk now..

btw, anyone has any idea if authentic longchamp is cheaper over there? =)
                                Char, to be v honest...most of the time u don't wana buy branded or "with brand" items from BKK, becos the price is almost similar or even more Expensive than those u can grab in sg. Unless u are really lucky u happens to meet their season end sales then u probably will receive crazy 30%-70% discount off their shelf price. Just a suggestion, maybe u should look out for their more unique indie or local young designer items which are rather creative and less common in sg if u wish not to bump into same person carrying the same item here in sg These thai designers' items sometime could be rather pricey or cheap but at least they are different

Oh..i forget to add that i usually go beach road golden mile for good exchange rate, there are many money changer there u need to ask all for the best rate u are offer! Golden mile is by far the best i known in sg for thai baht, maybe there are other place i not know yet. Ok some of my frens also told me to go BKK for even better exchange rate, but so far no proof which is better. I've check on my self there, the rates ain't any better than sg.
                                Last edited by cianna; 18-06-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X