Malay/Muslim weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aini_Utz View Post
    Just a random thought... how long before your wedding did you girls book your Kadi/Naib Kadi? I guessed cos I know there will be many other brides having their wedding on my wedding date too was I just wondering. Anyone has recommendations as to which Kadi/Naib Kadi to book? Preferably those that can converse in English as well cos my Malay is really karat haha.
    i think you can book your kadi 150 calendar days before your wedding. read it here! - Registry of Muslim Marriages | Marriage Info | Preparing for Marriage | Time Factor

Comment

• pulut kuning kek

hi hi again,know wher i can find pulut kuning kek?was thinking of having *** as my wedding cake.any good n affordable ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffie View Post
        hey babe! its 150 days before. U can check on the ROMM website on which date u can start applying for the date of ur solemnization. So no need for us to count the days on our own. hehehe
        Originally posted by farnamals View Post
        i think you can book your kadi 150 calendar days before your wedding. read it here! - Registry of Muslim Marriages | Marriage Info | Preparing for Marriage | Time Factor
        Thank you! Both my parents were scaring me, to book my Kadi first. My dad was even telling some people do book their Kadi way in advance so I wasn't sure since I didn't read anything about it online.

Comment

• Pulut Kuning

Originally posted by dynndynn View Post
          hi hi again,know wher i can find pulut kuning kek?was thinking of having *** as my wedding cake.any good n affordable ones?
          Hello dynndynn! You can try to search for divaforall in facebook. I've booked mine from there and they are very friendly people! Hope this helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by chica:2783333
            Originally posted by dynndynn View Post
            Hello dynndynn! You can try to search for divaforall in facebook. I've booked mine from there and they are very friendly people! Hope this helps!
            hi chica,just went to look at it..saw them..had alrd ask for quotations.thnk u so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by Athena.na View Post
              no problem.. have u booked your photography also? I got no idea that its going to cost alot.. Been saving up like mad..
              Hi Athena,

yup especially if it's fully paid by the bride and groom itself.. for FH & myself, we had bugeted less than 20k for the whole combined wedding, Insyallah.

I've booked ChaseHasemi as our photographer as my Fiance likes his work a lot & CST as our videographer as I love their videos a lot!. total cost for both will be around 3.5k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shona View Post
                What about Frontier cc somewhere near Jurong Point! Glass doors with roof garden & it's air conditioned. But if I'm not mistaken it's a lil pricey as compared to others. U may check with them
                Thanks dear!
                i've called them up just now & im like Ohohh!
                they quote me $2961 (with passion card), $3068 (w/o passion card)..
                deposit $500
                price toooo steep.. and cooking&washing is not allowed even outside with tentage. sigh..... ;(

do you know any cc in west which is near to mrt?

Comment

• Originally posted by SharifahMohdNoor View Post
                  Hi Babe, for Jurong West have you tried the Town Council? I heard from my fiance's frends they allow cooking. This is at blk 509 jurong west town council.. Near the coffee shop.
                  Hello Sharifah.. i've called them up several times but no answer
                  for now i only received quotation from jurong spring cc & frontier cc...
                  but frontier cc have to be cross... price too steepppp >.<

Comment

• Originally posted by Azeah View Post

Hi Azeah,

U can check Jurong Green CC. Thats the CC with McDonalds.
                    My client had her wedding there. U can set up a tentage just next to the hall and u can cook there.
                    So u dont have to waste $ to book another void deck to cook.

If u want near to the mrt, i can only think of Bt Batok CC. Cos 2 of my clients did theirs there. Also can masak n very near MRT. Jurong area i think most Cc far from MRT except for Frontier.

Comment

• Thanks dear for the info. So which weekend will be ur wedding in dec?

Originally posted by Chickadees:2781560
                      Originally posted by Muffie View Post
                      hi dear!
                      tak menyampok la u can try to go to charles and keith at Ion Orchard.. they have some exclusive ranges which are those lace lace type.. i dah beli dua! i beli utk my pre wedding shoot.. if u want to see how it looks like, let me know.. i pm or email you
                      Hey babe! Anna nucci has nice bling2 shoes. There a shop in City Plaza that sells wedding kinda heels too. I forgot the name of the shop. Its on the 2nd floor. Try checking out PAZZION too. Hope this helps.

Comment

• wedding shoes...

morning ladies, speaking of wedding shoes... i just want to ask... can we wear shoes that will makes us look taller then our hubby on our wedding day?? cos my dad is going to present me my 1st wedding gift which is the shoes to wear..hehe(eventhought mine is next yr may ). but when i tell my friend, she say the bride is nt allowed to wear heels that will make her look taller then the groom cos her sister mak andam doesnt allow her sister to buy shoes with higher heels & as a result, her sister buy low heel shoes.... my mom say its ok to wear and when i try the shoes, i even stand beside my fiancee & hes ok with it to....

Comment

• Originally posted by chica View Post
                          Hello...how much did you pay for your 'pulut cake'? I emailed divaforall, but the lady asked me to call her instead...malas *** to call.

By the way, it seems like my dream of having my dream wedding under 20k is going bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azeah View Post
                            Hi,

You can try Hong Kah North CC which is near Bukit Gombak MRT or Chinese Garden. Chinese Garden quite pricey I think.

Comment

• Pulut Kuning Cake

Originally posted by KenzoFlower View Post
                              Hello...how much did you pay for your 'pulut cake'? I emailed divaforall, but the lady asked me to call her instead...malas *** to call.

By the way, it seems like my dream of having my dream wedding under 20k is going bust.
                              Hello KenzoFlower! I also initially malas to call..haha but no regrets! I ordered the 4 tier (3 layer pulut + 1 layer fresh flower) and it costs $450. If its not within ur budget, maybe can go for lesser tiers?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueElephant View Post
                                Deebz: I like songket too. It's not everyday that we get to don songket pengantin. Especially the dark rich colours like dark purple or midnight blue.I hope my bridal house able to match the songket and hijab nicely. Anyway, when's your wedding? Mine is Sep 13 but I have yet to book my andaman.

Cream coloured Lace for nikah
                                Dark coloured songket for sanding
                                Puffy skirt gown for cutting of cake.
                                Nov 2013. Wanted Oct 2013, but it's bulan haji and all, so we decided to postpone. Yeah, I am opting for full songket too. Not a fan of jarang kebaya tops actually, it's just not sopan I feel.

I might be signing up with Versari Ade. They have really nice full songket outfits for the bride.

Comment

Working...
                                X