Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shona View Post
    Hey ladies...

Where did u buy ur Wedding shoes or intending to get one from? Looking for a perfect pair of heels or two (with some beaded stones etc) that wouldn't cause blisters & comfy.. but it seems a lil' diff for me due to my "gigantic" feet size haha...cos I'm always having that prob! Office heels are either bought o/seas or after much rounds of shopping. Custom-made came across my mind but where? Walked around some malls to find some nice shops carrying nice shoes for ladies (e.g. Anna Nucci) but the size hmmm...unless they can customise?
    Try Heatwave or Tangs Co. They have nice looking shoes. And most importantly, they are comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azeah View Post
      Thanks dear!
      i've called them up just now & im like Ohohh!
      they quote me $2961 (with passion card), $3068 (w/o passion card)..
      deposit $500
      price toooo steep.. and cooking&washing is not allowed even outside with tentage. sigh..... ;(

do you know any cc in west which is near to mrt?
      if you don't mine bukit panjang, bukit panjang CC allows cooking and washing. same with bukit batok CC tak salah. go try enquire.

Comment

Hey ladies...

Where did u buy ur Wedding shoes or intending to get one from? Looking for a perfect pair of heels or two (with some beaded stones etc) that wouldn't cause blisters & comfy.. but it seems a lil' diff for me due to my "gigantic" feet size haha...cos I'm always having that prob! Office heels are either bought o/seas or after much rounds of shopping. Custom-made came across my mind but where? Walked around some malls to find some nice shops carrying nice shoes for ladies (e.g. Anna Nucci) but the size hmmm...unless they can customise?
        Hi Shona, can i know how gigantic is your "gigantic"? Cos i'm a size 12 myself!! Haha i'll definitely have a prob in finding a nice and low heels wedding shoe..

Comment

• Hello you guys! Anyways I have been to a few food tastings (tasted the food with my partner and our family) and here's our thoughts on them.

Farah Diana:
          She is affordable and her prices is definitely cheaper than the rest.
          She was really generous with the food tasting packet, like it's really A LOT.
          Her prawn was fresh, we collected the food at about 3-4pm and had it during dinner, 7pm and it was still good.
          Her nasi briyani tasted like nasi minyak but with colouring? I don't know, it doesn't taste like nasi briyani at all to me.
          Her dalca was good, like there's tulang and all, but my fiance aunt commented that there's no dhal at all.
          Her ayam masak merah was bland.
          Her daging was this kurma daging. It's nice, but too much lemak on the daging.
          The sambal goreng pengantin was OK, but it was diced too small.

ISTANA CATERING
          The nasi briyani dam was good! The rice used was of quality and it's just flavourful. The rice is good on its own! It's that good, to us at least. The daging was good too.
          Her ayam masak merah has a good taste, but the ayam was keras. Like it was fried too long before cooking in the sambal or something.
          The dalca was not ok.
          The sambal goreng pengantin was OK! Good size.

PU3
          Her ayam masak merah was the best of the lot. It looks very homemade with bawang goreng, peas and all. Basically she did not shortchange on the ingredients of ayam masak merah. Many eliminate the peas and the bawang goreng now.
          Her dalca was good too. There's a lot of dhal and all the orang tua that tasted it was very happy, hahaha.
          Her briyani dam was OK.
          The sambal goreng pengantin was OK too! Good size.

I still find Istana better in terms of the briyani + daging combo, but PU3 is the best out of the 3 in terms of food. Her food was ok in all aspects. If you want something affordable, go for Farah Diana.

----

Attended a wedding dinner at Orchid Country Club earlier, I quite like some of the food like the gado gado, rendang and soto. The spread was great. Of course there's some misses like the bee hoon goreng, but it was nice overall. The ambience and all was good.

I am going for another round of food tasting again tomorrow, and I'll update you guys here ok! Have not found my dream caterer!
          Last edited by deebz; 17-06-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Hello ladies!

Any of you DIY your bridal room? Am thinking of doing so but have no ideas yet on how to get about doing it for now.

Comment

• hey strangled smiles.... few of my friends DIY their bridal room. One of them just buy the beaded gold beadspread and only make new curtains as her 'backdrop' as her bed is placed directly under the window and just a vase of flowers @ her dressing table. another also since her bed is also under the window, she bought additional long fake flower to cover the outline of the curtains and long, vertical dangling beads (these 2 things which some dais designs also use). since she have 2 side table by her bed, she place some fake flowers in a vase at both sides, she bought her bedspread frm expo (during the indonesia & wedding fair) and to finish it off,.she bought a 'kelambu' in jb which will flow frm the ceiling to the sides of the bed.i'll be re-using some of her stuff for my bridal rm cos my nikah will be held dwnstairs so i feel no need to decorate the rm to the max & beside im cutting down on unnecessary costs . hope this helps, sweetie

Comment

• Originally posted by deebz View Post
                Try Heatwave or Tangs Co. They have nice looking shoes. And most importantly, they are comfortable.
                Heatwave shoes I can't fit in most of the time Lol alright will check out Tangs. Thanks!! I'm also hoping Pazzion outlets do carry big sizes shoes that's comfy too

Comment

• Originally posted by chica View Post
                  Hi Shona, can i know how gigantic is your "gigantic"? Cos i'm a size 12 myself!! Haha i'll definitely have a prob in finding a nice and low heels wedding shoe..
                  I'm a size 11-12 too depending on cuttings. Front covered shoes is always a no-no for me as d front part of my feet is pretty broad (sob). Yea I think it'll be challenging for us to find that nice pair of wedding heels! But I'm sure we'll be able to do so hehe..only a lil' time consuming. Previously at Intl Plaza area there's this shop that custom-made nice wedding shoes but now he no longer does it for wedding ones (maybe troublesome cos of the diamanté?) haha. Well maybe we can try Tangs (as rec by Deebz)/PazZion/Anna Nucci (if they can customise)/Kenneth Cole @Taka =))

Comment

I'm a size 11-12 too depending on cuttings. Front covered shoes is always a no-no for me as d front part of my feet is pretty broad (sob). Yea I think it'll be challenging for us to find that nice pair of wedding heels! But I'm sure we'll be able to do so hehe..only a lil' time consuming. Previously at Intl Plaza area there's this shop that custom-made nice wedding shoes but now he no longer does it for wedding ones (maybe troublesome cos of the diamanté?) haha. Well maybe we can try Tangs (as rec by Deebz)/PazZion/Anna Nucci (if they can customise)/Kenneth Cole @Taka =))
                    Are you referring to Leapin Lizard at international plaza? Btw have you checked out pedal works? They do have big sizes and some comes with the massage padding which is super comfy! But not too sure on how wide is their wedding collections though.

Its good to know that i'm not alone with big feet issues..i think we should start a business of our own for for BFL (Big-Feet-Ladies)..haha! Anyway good luck to the both of us and hopefully we'll find something that we like!

Comment

• Hello there,
                      anyone of you has HAJI ABU CATERING contact?

I can't find it at all, thank you!

Comment

• Greetings Bride To Be,

Looking for photographer for you wedding day? Don't hesitate to visit my humble blog at www.chasehasemi.wordpress.com. I wish all brides the best of luck planning your special day ahead. Cheers...

Comment

• Hello you guys, I had another round of scheduled food tasting today and attended a relative's wedding too!

SENIK CATERING (Relative's wedding)
                          The spread was interesting, there's unique dishes that you don't normally see at weddings like: Udang Masala (which is damn good), Nasi Philiaf (spelling?). They opted for Laksa instead of the usual mee siam / mee soto. There is also a satay spread. Basically each dish was interesting. There's also the usuals like the briyani too. The dessert spread was equally unique. There's ice cream too! I'm a sucker for unique food at a wedding hahaha. Another caterer that I can think of that offers unique food (like roast beef and such) is PUTERI CATERING.
                          Dad really liked the food, so I will be contacting them regarding the package that they offer and such.

ADAM'S CORNER
                          Tried this because I read about them from farnamal's blog.
                          The dalca is good! Jenis prata shop punya standard. Got lots of dhal, veggie (potato and kacang panjang) and got rusuk here and there. Sedap.
                          The sambal goreng pengantin was good too, it's dry the way I like it and how it's supposed to be. Good dice size, not too small. Very nice.
                          Dad really likes the daging briyani (the taste of it) but finds it a bit liat. That can be solved if they rebus the daging longer the next time round but it's good. Has a good taste. The daging is all ketul-ketul, like palm size. Very very generous of them I feel.
                          The ayam masak merah was just OK to me.
                          The briyani rice was OK to me. Lacked a bit of flavour.

ESBIBI CATERING
                          Mee siam goreng - Nice, has a good red colour to it. Tengok pon, pleasing to the eye. Rasa not bad, if tauchoo lebih sikit, then lagi sedap.
                          The briyani rice was good though. Flavourful.
                          The ayam masak merah was good too!
                          I really liked the briyani daging. It's really nice, and pedas sikit. Sedap.
                          The sweet sour fish was OK. I'm not a fan of this actually, so I am not a good judge of this.
                          The dalca was not OK. Too masam.

Basically all caterers got good and bad, so I'll just let my Dad decide and my fiance's parents to decide. Hopefully you guys find this useful and hopefully I can decide on one caterer by the end of June!

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemsmuffet View Post
                            hey strangled smiles.... few of my friends DIY their bridal room. One of them just buy the beaded gold beadspread and only make new curtains as her 'backdrop' as her bed is placed directly under the window and just a vase of flowers @ her dressing table. another also since her bed is also under the window, she bought additional long fake flower to cover the outline of the curtains and long, vertical dangling beads (these 2 things which some dais designs also use). since she have 2 side table by her bed, she place some fake flowers in a vase at both sides, she bought her bedspread frm expo (during the indonesia & wedding fair) and to finish it off,.she bought a 'kelambu' in jb which will flow frm the ceiling to the sides of the bed.i'll be re-using some of her stuff for my bridal rm cos my nikah will be held dwnstairs so i feel no need to decorate the rm to the max & beside im cutting down on unnecessary costs . hope this helps, sweetie
                            Sounds good babe! I wanted a minimal DIY bedroom deco but family are asking me to take a proper vendor for it. Am trying to source out for my own ideas first while taking my time to look for vendors. Haha!

It's always the "once in a lifetime wedding, just spend it!" reason i hear from others. Kalau kita keje print duit takpe jugak. Hahahahahah!

Comment

• Originally posted by deebz View Post
                              Hello there,
                              anyone of you has HAJI ABU CATERING contact?

I can't find it at all, thank you!
                              hello babe.. i saw this num from another forum.. she is cik ***..from haji abu catering.. i pm u e num okay?

Comment

• hi, anyone have used or have heard about 'Signature Photography'? any comments about them? heh..
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X