Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aini_Utz View Post
    Dear Future brides,

I currently have a videography package from FPB Productions which includes 10 hours of videography. You can include a couple of hours for pre-shoot as well to be included in your wedding video.

Abang Sahar was really nice to include us those matt cd cover for us (I don't know what they're called lol) but you'll have to include the image for him. Unless of cos you plan to take up their photography package as well.

Their package was $950 (Expo price) but since we've already paid in full during the Expo, we are thinking off letting go for it $850. ($100 loss is a heart pain since we're saving up for our new house as well sigh)

Reason to let go regrettably is because my dad actually has already gotten us a videography package and since we didn't want say another no to him (he also sourced out kompang after we've placed deposit for it).

Any brides interested, please drop me a message.

Thanks
    Aini
    Hi, I'm interested, can u whatsapp me at 91695649..thank you! =)

Comment

• FB : Eesha KE - Makeup & Hairstyling

Mobile : +65 9237-8377 (singapore)
      Mobile : +886 955-812-528 (taiwan)

Comment

• Salam ladies!! I am new here.. a BTB in April 2014, insya Allah! its so awesome reading your experiences!!! I am actually quite kiasu about a lot of things even though my wedding is still a year away!! Even that, one of the mak andams that I want (Peti Solek TBR) has no slot for my solemnization date!

And getting married is sooo expensive!! Fiance and I are doing our best to scrimp and save and focus more on our upcoming wedding.. I am camping here to read all posts by 2013's BTB! hehehehe!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cozy View Post
          hi all,

been reading this page for verrrrry long. let me share my journey ok

last month, my bf and i decided it was time to get married. we knew each other since secondary school but only got together 18months back.
          i dont like planning for something thats only gonna happen 2 years later so we fixed a date, 8 september 2013. i know its crazy soon but i like!
          sweeeeeet bf bought me a ring as a tanda cos we didnt want the whole engagement thing, save money

alright, here's the list

venue - frontier community club $2500 sungguh mahal but the area is hugeeee and we need this cos its a combined event and we both have huge families. we want them to hang out comfortably
          catering and deco - istana wedding service 24K for 1300 and extensive decorations (frontier too big must cover alot areas else it'll look empty)
          mak andam - Anggun $2488 love the natural look
          videographer - flipside $1600 cds in HD. cool
          photographer & dulang hantaran - innovazionne gubahans love love loveeeee

ok. important things done.

small ones left. kompang, dj. what else did i miss ?
          Hey fellow btb!

Congrats! Very bold of you guys to hold a wedding so soon, considering that wedding byk planning

Just to add in,Off the top of my head
          : kad jemputan, berkat, guestbook/photobooth, bridesmaids'/groomsmen's outfits, bridal car

Happy planning!

Comment

• Hi BTB, it was nerve racking yet an eye opener for me after reading all the threads.My partner and I had chosen a date May 2013.And me being the kacong spider has started to do my research here and there.For me no tunang just 6 months hantar tanda and my guestlist would be 300pax 150 him 150 mine.Small and simple. I have Desa Kartika in mind and they charged $20 per head which I find it steep but all included like the dais,deco,air conditioned,sound system.So I tak pening2 fikir the dais. I thought of The Wedding Brocade 2 sets aje; nikah and sanding ($1580) quite steep also *** since we make it a one day event.Pagi nikah sanding all the way till 5.So all planned out but still finding more cheaper alternatives. Oh I thought of BB Civil Service club but need the pelamin and all.Any other venue to recommend me???Hehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by dadaNyet View Post
              Hi BTB, it was nerve racking yet an eye opener for me after reading all the threads.My partner and I had chosen a date May 2013.And me being the kacong spider has started to do my research here and there.For me no tunang just 6 months hantar tanda and my guestlist would be 300pax 150 him 150 mine.Small and simple. I have Desa Kartika in mind and they charged $20 per head which I find it steep but all included like the dais,deco,air conditioned,sound system.So I tak pening2 fikir the dais. I thought of The Wedding Brocade 2 sets aje; nikah and sanding ($1580) quite steep also *** since we make it a one day event.Pagi nikah sanding all the way till 5.So all planned out but still finding more cheaper alternatives. Oh I thought of BB Civil Service club but need the pelamin and all.Any other venue to recommend me???Hehehe
              Hi babe!

Just to let you know, Katt (The Wedding Brocade) is closed from now to May 2013 cos she is gonna give birth soon. Unless you dont mind her asst, you can email [email protected] (no calls/whatsapps/smses).
              Alternatively, Peti Solek-The Bridal Room quotation for 2 sets of baju/one day service is $1200. But not sure if they have free slot on your date. FB them
              Venues that i have checked out: Gurame at NSRCC, Mamanda (former Tepak Sirih) for those with all-in. But i decided i wanna have the freedom of getting my own caterer. Oh, have u tried asking Lagun Sari?

Comment

• Originally posted by Era.Shah View Post
                Hi IdaRazak,

Zubir Abdullah and his team plays really well! And if you don't mind, it will be great if you could share with me their quotes. I've been searching all around but to no avail.
                Hi Era.Shah

I called abg zubir up & he's so nice friendly & profesional!
                He quoted $1800nett and must put down 50% deposit (gasps!)
                If you want them, be quick...they have had bookings till 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by IdaRazak View Post
                  Hi babe!

Just to let you know, Katt (The Wedding Brocade) is closed from now to May 2013 cos she is gonna give birth soon. Unless you dont mind her asst, you can email [email protected] (no calls/whatsapps/smses).
                  Alternatively, Peti Solek-The Bridal Room quotation for 2 sets of baju/one day service is $1200. But not sure if they have free slot on your date. FB them
                  Venues that i have checked out: Gurame at NSRCC, Mamanda (former Tepak Sirih) for those with all-in. But i decided i wanna have the freedom of getting my own caterer. Oh, have u tried asking Lagun Sari?
                  Oh no!Thanks for the info babe!.Lucky you told me...Lagun Sari not accessible and I've been there for a couple of weddings no doubt their food is good but location wise is a no no. Public transport is such a hassle not to mention their carpark space.I will try tepak sireh and Gurame =)

Comment

• Originally posted by WaheedahWheed View Post
                    Salam ladies!! I am new here.. a BTB in April 2014, insya Allah! its so awesome reading your experiences!!! I am actually quite kiasu about a lot of things even though my wedding is still a year away!! Even that, one of the mak andams that I want (Peti Solek TBR) has no slot for my solemnization date!

And getting married is sooo expensive!! Fiance and I are doing our best to scrimp and save and focus more on our upcoming wedding.. I am camping here to read all posts by 2013's BTB! hehehehe!!
                    im a BTB in april 2014 too!!
                    and unfortunately, Peti Solek is also not available on my dates too

which date is your wedding?

Comment

Hey fellow btb!

Congrats! Very bold of you guys to hold a wedding so soon, considering that wedding byk planning

Just to add in,Off the top of my head
                      : kad jemputan, berkat, guestbook/photobooth, bridesmaids'/groomsmen's outfits, bridal car

Happy planning!

Thank you!!

Yeap yeap a little frustrated, excited, happy and so veryyyy tension sometimes. Kadang nak nangis pun ade.

Anyways,

kad jemputan already designed left to print
                      photobooth i buat sendiri. props pelan2 i buat.... i'll be doing half prints from the mini printer and half polaroid. not too keen on the guestbook. maybe i'll do the tree thing. I'll get few of my cousins to jaga the booth. save moneeeeyyy.
                      bridesmaid and groomsman pun settled.
                      bridal car will be using my dad's.

i need help on the dj and kompang actually. anyone?

Comment

Hi Era.Shah

I called abg zubir up & he's so nice friendly & profesional!
                        He quoted $1800nett and must put down 50% deposit (gasps!)
                        If you want them, be quick...they have had bookings till 2015.
                        Hi IdaRazak,

Thank you so much! And yes, that is steep! Will consider about this. Thanks again!

Comment

• Hi all,

I've been doing some researching on traditional bands and would like to share their quotes.

As per IdaRazak's post, Orkes Budi (Zubir Abdullah's) is $1800 with a 50% booking to be paid to secure them.

- Gendang Akustika
                          $1500 (inclusive of sound system and wedding emcee)
                          Deposit to secure them: $300

- Sinar Fusika
                          $1700 (6 hours, includes sounds system)
                          Deposit to secure them: $100

Does anyone have reviews on them? Or if any of you can recommend other traditional bands, it'll be of great help.

Comment

• Originally posted by punksai View Post
                            im a BTB in april 2014 too!!
                            and unfortunately, Peti Solek is also not available on my dates too

which date is your wedding?
                            Insya Allah 19th April.. so now i m looking at other mak andams as well such as RH Bridal, Versari Ade, Andaman Qaseh and Hyda Looks Bridal...

Photography services are also expensive... haaaaizz.. hahahaha..

Comment

• My budget wedding!

Sharing my wedding plans!
                              Mine will be small n simple due to us getting our BTO keys b4 our wedding 

Venue - masjid Mawaddah. Will be taking their package of venue n food.
                              300pax X $15/pax = $4.5k

Photographer - A friend from bliss will be doing it

Pre-wedding photoshoot - The Aisle Bridal, $228 from Groupon haha!
                              Includes 3hr photoshoot, hair and makeup, wedding dress and groom's suit! Softcopy photos in CD, 12 4R printed photos.

Berkat - 200 buku yasin X $0.80 = $160 for the muslim guests.
                              100 x $0.37 = $37 personalised magnets for non-muslim guests from Vistaprint
                              Oreos (3 in a pack) for children

Invitation Card - a friend did it at Ayer Hitam for $0.13/pc for 500pieces.
                              Im hoping to get $0.30/pc X 200 = $60 (cross fingers!)

Flowers - $50

Outfit - dont want to go beyond $500 for both bride and groom!
                              Will change lipstick colour n flowers after nikah. Groom will swap songkok to a tanjak
                              Anyone has any reputable tailors who can tailor a wedding outfit?

Dulang hantaran for him:
                              1. Watch - budget of $3K-$4K
                              2. Shoes - budget of $100
                              3. prayer items - budget of $100
                              4. Perfume set - budget of $100
                              5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 will be sponsored food items

Dulang hantaran for me:
                              1. Hantaran, rings - getting a matte white gold plain ring for me at eclarity.com for about $450.
                              Still searching for a male platinum ring. Hantaran will be used for home renovation.
                              2. Watch - budget $3k
                              3. Prayer set - budget $200
                              4. Perfume items - budget $100
                              5, 6 and 7 will be sponsored food items

Hornymoon going to Krabi, ive set aside around $2k for it!

So far thats all i've booked or budgetted for. Im doing away with kompang, DJ (sound system provided for at masjid mawaddah, just play CD), inai, decor and guestbook.
                              The decor company for Masjid Mawaddah charges decor for $1500 and above. Pahh! I don't believe in paying so much for something that will get torn down 5 hours later! Esbibi Catering charges only $1200 for a void deck decor!

I'm still thinking if i should get a videographer. Anyone have any contacts of those videographer who can help to video for a couple of hours? I don't need it to be fancy nor with editting. Will trawl Clubsnap.com for student videographer heh heh hehhhhh!

Sorry for the long post, but i hope my planning can help with BTBs on a simple wedding function!
                              Last edited by punksai; 27-02-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaheedahWheed View Post
                                Insya Allah 19th April.. so now i m looking at other mak andams as well such as RH Bridal, Versari Ade, Andaman Qaseh and Hyda Looks Bridal...

Photography services are also expensive... haaaaizz.. hahahaha..
                                Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Are you fussy about photography? If you are not, there are many photographers advertising on Clubsnap.com !
                                Im thinking of getting a second photographer, the cheapest rate i got was $300 for 4 hours of services.
                                They will edit a few pictures and return all in CD. Must print yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X