No announcement yet.

Malay/Muslim weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initially, me and my fiancĂ© planned for our wedding in Dec 2012 but after he got a new job which means more money can be saved for the wedding, we brought forward the wedding date to one year earlier.. And i'm alrdy feeling the stress bcoz the venue for my wedding is a BIG headache.. Da prob is my mom and relatives are against the combined wedding thingy which me and him has planned even way before we got engaged.. So now we must do individual wedding.. K nvr mind abt that.. Next, my mom is not keen in doing under da void deck bcoz she's currently down with cancer and dad just passed away this yr.. She's worried abt the house gonna b messy with all the wedding preps and honestly, most of my grown-up cuzzies are of no help.. So mom suggested restaurant like lagun sari/tepak sireh or CC.. But I'm not into CC bcoz it's gonna exceed my budget.. And I'm aware that restaurant's food may not be that nice coz I did attend weddings at restaurants.. Now, I'm so lost..

For cotters who have done individual weddings at CC, pls kindly tell me the breakdown of your whole expenses.. Really appreciate it..

Comment

• Originally posted by shery78 View Post
      Have any of you got any wedding car services yet? Can recommend any?

I heard raves and good reviews about DreamWeddingCar.sg, and not sure any of you have engaged their services yet. Want to know if any of you has and mabbe can share your experience? I'm particularly looking for a BMW car (my ultimate dream car... hee), and DreamWeddingCar.sg seems to have the latest BMW in their fleet, so they say.....

Share k....
      Hi Shery78,

I am getting married soon and i got some contacts if you want to rent a luxurious car.. PM me k...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpartanQueen View Post
        Initially, me and my fiancé planned for our wedding in Dec 2012 but after he got a new job which means more money can be saved for the wedding, we brought forward the wedding date to one year earlier.. And i'm alrdy feeling the stress bcoz the venue for my wedding is a BIG headache.. Da prob is my mom and relatives are against the combined wedding thingy which me and him has planned even way before we got engaged.. So now we must do individual wedding.. K nvr mind abt that.. Next, my mom is not keen in doing under da void deck bcoz she's currently down with cancer and dad just passed away this yr.. She's worried abt the house gonna b messy with all the wedding preps and honestly, most of my grown-up cuzzies are of no help.. So mom suggested restaurant like lagun sari/tepak sireh or CC.. But I'm not into CC bcoz it's gonna exceed my budget.. And I'm aware that restaurant's food may not be that nice coz I did attend weddings at restaurants.. Now, I'm so lost..

For cotters who have done individual weddings at CC, pls kindly tell me the breakdown of your whole expenses.. Really appreciate it..
        Hi babe,

I was in your boat as well! May i know the date of your wedding? The expenses actually boils down on your wedding date? If hot date, more ex... Let me know k..

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi ladies!

May i know if you have any suggestion for wedding favours? I would like something unique and fresh...Any ideas ?? Also, do you happen to know any cheap places in JB to do my wedding cards??

Comment

• Bunga Telur Or Gubahan Hantaran

Hi,

Anyone interested on getting services of custom make gubahan hantaran or bunga telur, please email me at [email protected].

Comment

• hi livelovelaugh,

I'm having my wedding at hortpark too. can you share with me your experience? and which decor did you choose?=)

Comment

• Originally posted by lilacious View Post
                hi livelovelaugh,

I'm having my wedding at hortpark too. can you share with me your experience? and which decor did you choose?=)
                hi lilacious,

sure no problem. i booked way early because i loved the ambience. i had done a bit of research on the possible places to hold the wedding. wanted something cozy and outdoorsy but still comfortable and convenient for my guests. i think hortpark is a beautiful place. it's got ample carpark space, in a pretty accessible location, and the hall is aircon and next to a lovely lawn. and the best part is that it's affordable. alhamdulillah it turned out well and my guests (including the makciks) were fine with it. it was a small wedding (about 200+ guests) so it was pretty manageable.

i have to add that there are some decorating restrictions in hortpark. that means no tacking/taping/damaging their surfaces (floor, walls and ceiling). so you will have to do without ceiling drapes or hanging stuff. despite that, kasaisayang did a wonderful job of the decor. they accomodated to my requests (and i had a lot haha) and even did up a solemnisation canopy on the lawn for the nikah. it was simple yet pretty and elegant.

the last bit you need to take note of is the catering. you need to engage one of their approved list of caterers. i picked rasel for mine and i have to say the food was good, alhamdulillah. though i'm sure the rest will be fine too. just make sure you have a food tasting session! =)

maybe you can take a trip down to hortpark with your parents and see if you guys like it. have fun planning the wedding, i had a blast! =)

Comment

• Congrats livelovelaugh on your wedding! It sounds like you had the perfect wedding I need some pointers though! I'm hoping for an outdoor wedding, like yours and need some help on budget. If you're not comfortable with posting that here, could you PM me pls? I'd appreciate it tons!

Comment

• hi D3stiny,

no worries, i'll pm you the details but basically total for the event (food, venue and decorations) was about 8k. =)

Comment

• Thanks livelovelaugh! Looking fwd to it! 8k sounds perfect and it'd be awesome if u could share a bit of the details with me Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by livelovelaugh View Post
                        hi D3stiny,

no worries, i'll pm you the details but basically total for the event (food, venue and decorations) was about 8k. =)
                        could you pm me the details too!? 8k sounds really worth it, thus interested to know!

Comment

• hi inherxeyes,

sure will do. just to add an important point that explains the affordable cost- it was a small event of about 200 guests! ;p

Comment

• Originally posted by livelovelaugh View Post
                            hi inherxeyes,

sure will do. just to add an important point that explains the affordable cost- it was a small event of about 200 guests! ;p
                            yeaps! i saw tt you mentioned it was for abt 200 guest, which is sth i would prefer, small wedding! =D

Comment

• hi livelovelaugh,

thanks for sharing!!im having mine there too. can u pm/share with me photos of how u deco the place? cos im not sure what can/cannot. i also took rasel, the food quite good and they quoted me an all inclusive price that is quite affordable! hope it will all turn out great!insyaallah =)

Comment

• hello ladies,

just wondering if any of you have done / are doing your solemnization at the mosque? i wonder if we can start booking their venue in advance, or only a few months before the wedding date?

Comment

Working...
                                X