No announcement yet.

Your Bridal Boutiques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dovespaniel, I think Sattine have some really nice gowns, along with Rico-A-Mona. They are the only one-stop BSs that I like, but in the end I went ala carte instead, so did not sign them up.

You can go to Sattine's FB page to look at what they offer and whether u like it or not...

Comment

• ^Thanks. I do think Sattine gowns are nice.

Was at tjg pagar stretch today. Any reviews on Thomson (I spotted one gown i like! She even let me try it on) and Labelle?

Comment

• anyone did not take wedding photos at all and instead, rent the gowns from bridal studios only? any idea if it will be cheaper this way?

my SO and I decided not to take wedding photos cos we think we can use the money on other stuff. we are thinking of just engaging a photographer on the actual day and take photos of the wedding process on that day itself that's all.
        all the married couples we know say they do not even take a look at their wedding photos after marriage.

Comment

• which means going ala carte. you can do that, the costs might be more expensive than if you take a bridal package, however you can be assured of quality as you choose the vendors yourself rather than a one stop shop

Comment

• Originally posted by xiaoyun View Post
            anyone did not take wedding photos at all and instead, rent the gowns from bridal studios only? any idea if it will be cheaper this way?

my SO and I decided not to take wedding photos cos we think we can use the money on other stuff. we are thinking of just engaging a photographer on the actual day and take photos of the wedding process on that day itself that's all.
            all the married couples we know say they do not even take a look at their wedding photos after marriage.
            Yes you can... If you go to the one-stop bridal shops, just ask them for the Actual Day package.

Otherwise, you can go alacarte.

Comment

• I'm also taking up alacarte. No pre wedd shoots please. Don't fancy it.

Got a quote from Labelle and Thomson. The diff is quite big.

Can't decide as yet. Now I'm sourcing for a AD photographer. Don't want to take up the BS photographer. I'm more particular on that

Comment

• Yup, I'm going for MTM because I already have something in mind and I didn't manage to find something like that OTR in the BS.

Btw, the first gown's pretty! You should try the different types to see which fits you best or which you like best

Comment

• Originally posted by dovespaniel
                  Can I find out why you ladies go for MTM?

I went to one shop and she told me I dont need a MTM (actually I have no ideal gown. I just browse and try on and hopefully find something that compliments me). She said mainly because with my bodyshape I can easily find something off the rack. Or maybe the shop doesnt do MTM, so she wants to brush me off with the idea of MTM. I dont know.

So for those who choose MTM, is it because you already have a design in mind? Or off the rack you just cant find what you like? Just like to know from you angle.
                  I'm going for OTR with an alacarte designer first, but if I don't see anything I like, I have the option to go MTM.

But yeah, try different kinds to see what you like. There are a lot of gowns that will suit you, don't fall for the first one. Keep on trying... In fact, ask to try a variety of gowns from the designer, this is the only way to know what suits and what doesn't.

I feel that alacarte designers are better suited to advise on what suits and what doesn't whereas in the one-stop shop, the ppl that are doing the sales may not be that skilled to advise you accordingly.

I am a very fickle person and I like a lot of things, so in a way, I hope if I do go MTM, that my designer can put everything I like into a single gown! LOL.

Comment

• Somehow I'm kinda worried about MTM as what if the gown turns out not ideal? I mean OTR you can see end product (of course provided it is a design you like). I guess a reputable designer plays a big part.

Was at The Wedding Present today. Did try out few OTRs. At least now i know i will never look good in halter! I mean I dont even own anything halter in my wardrobe.

I asked the designer about mermaid gowns. About how he feels. First thing he asked then "where's your wedding venue?". I wondered why he asked. So I told him and he replied "oh. that's quite a big ballroom. You may want to consider mermaid as evening wear. For march in, you may like something bigger.". That's an interesting tip which I never thought about.

Comment

• Been to The Wedding Present, love their services there..

Anyone going for Sattine Bridal but with no photography? Thinking to check their gowns out this weekend.. hmm.

Comment

• My bridal boutique is Sophia Wedding Collection. They have the nicest gowns compared to all those I've visited. Although they give me the option to MTM but their ready made ones are so nice that I won't even think of MTM
                        Service is very good so far, and they are willing to throw in freebies, just need to be thick skin and keep asking :D
                        I recommend to brides who are into princessy gowns with many details ( crystals and lace). But if you prefer the classic and simple gowns then you will find them too fanciful.
                        Drop by and take a look. No harm

Comment

• i agree with sher, their packages are more expensive than the rest but they don't hardsell and service is good.

Comment

• anyone with seletar broadway?

Comment

• Anyone from Le Grand or ex-brides from Le grand? Any reviews?

Comment

• Just signed up with Digio for my Jan11 wedding.

Comment

Working...
                                X