No announcement yet.

Palm tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xue, I just checked with my DH, he uses Pocket PC and not Palm, but he mentioned that you can try the following:

If all else fails, reboot the pc, try again. Fail again, then reinstall HotSync. Fail again, hard reset the palm (i.e. reset the device to factory default. Everything will be lost when you do hard reset.)

Comment

thankyou Vonnie!!!

Comment

urgh!!! i tried everything! even resorted to a hard reset! still nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
          that's the strange bit! i havent downloaded anything into my palm nor my laptop.

i'm worried that it's the different users that's causing the problem. but how am i supposed to change users? :huh:
          Change users? Don't think you can do that on the palm. You can change the ID of a palm though. That however will not affect your synchronisation.

Xue, how many other devices do you have connected to the usb port? Will there be any possibility of a conflict between one or more device? I'm assuming the cradle is using a usb connection right?

Comment

finally solved the problem after 4 calls to the Palm technical hotline in 2 hours, multiple HARD-RESETs of my palm , and even more reinstallation of the palm desktop.

guess what? we finally realised the problem was due to me plugging the USB cable from the cradle into a port hub instead of the laptop directly! such a stupid problem! with such a simple solution!

thanks so much you girls for your kind assistance!

now i'm addicted to my palm. have downloaded a million applications and games, like HandyShopper (perfect for making lists!!!), Due Yesterday (great organiser for students), MyChequeBook (fantastic way to balance your accounts), as well as many silly games like DopeWars (where you're supposed to sell drugs... quite addictive if you don't mind the drug content), Space Trader (excellent adventure game!!!) and many others.

what are your favourite sites to download things?

i'm sticking to www.palmgear.com currently.

Comment

space trader's really cool!!!!!!!!!! hmm.. can't rem where i d/led all my software from... think it's something like www.freeware.... ermm i 4got. i'll post it as soon as i figure it out

have fun xue! a palm is heaps of fun.... but after a while u can get bored... but then u do get interested again

Comment

my clie is as important to me as my mobile, everything's in it! i find that i don't need to remember anything, all i do is graffiti the data in, and the info stays intact. but sometimes i wonder if my memory will turn rusty from lack of use

recently, i accidentally dropped my clie and it went dead.

Imagine my desperation! not cos i fear that it might be damaged, for i have complete faith in my husband's ability to rectify all technical related problems (you've no idea how useful he is in that aspect! ). what i feared was being disorganization - and disorganized i got! meeting schedule - gone. books to buy - gone. cotters' tips - gone. cotters' recommendation - gone. to do list - gone. everything's gone! i was frantic!

luckily, the nightmare is over now, and i was able to retrieve all data from my palm desktop.

Comment

blossom: yes, i can see how that would be scary! i've owned my palm for a few days only and already i'm attached to it!

lauren: thanks lauren!

Comment

xue the website's http://www.freewarepalm.com/.

Comment

i'm thinking of getting a very slim and lightweight organiser with only basic functions and not too expensive. any recs?

Comment

is getting a palm top is practical as compared to just scribbling on paper?? do you use it as often or do you usually just chuck the palmtop aside and stick to paper and pen?

i'm a horribly disorganised person so i thought getting a palmtop *might* do some help

Comment

raine: try the v v basic Palm Zire. the first one which comes in black and white. v v basic and affordable - should be less than S$100.

Lysander: it's the best thing that has happened to me! helps me organise my time and errands and work effortlessly (while allowing me to play games while i'm bored ). i don't like writing things down because you can't 'move' it and my schedule is v v flexible. i have changes all the time. so pen and paper gets v messy after a while. the palm pilot allows me to see my schedule at a glance. it really really helps!!

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                            Lysander: it's the best thing that has happened to me! helps me organise my time and errands and work effortlessly (while allowing me to play games while i'm bored ). i don't like writing things down because you can't 'move' it and my schedule is v v flexible. i have changes all the time. so pen and paper gets v messy after a while. the palm pilot allows me to see my schedule at a glance. it really really helps!!

sounds really good! but i'm not sure if i'll actually stick to using it, so not too prepared to take the plunge as yet.. i'm afraid it'd turn out like my md - i only used it a couple of times and now it's chucked 1 corner collecting dust.

thanks xue! btw, what model are you using? is it user friendly?

Comment

i completely understand dear. i shopped for mine for ages, researching online and going to countless stores. i kept going to a store meaning to buy it, but when i got there, i'd chicken out and have cold feet.

but it's seriously one of the best gadgets i've gotten. mine is a palm zire 71. v v userfriendly.

Comment

xue, thanks for the advice glad you're back and are enjoying yourself!!

Comment

Working...
                                X