Mid-Autumn Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joce7878
    My sis-in-law bought this... white choc in the centre of the mooncake. Totally satisfying for choc-addicts like me!
    okie, i'm definitely getting this on my next trip to orchard. thanks joce.

Comment

Phoon Huat (baking supplies) has quite a few branches. It's also at Bencoolen St, near Aljunied MRT, and I think there's a third at Clementi (?) Anyway, they conduct mooncake making classes, but, yeah, the thinness of the "skin" is hard to get right.

On the rec of posters on the Makansutra forum, I tried the snowskin ones from Golden Peony (Conrad Hotel), and they really are delish. I also love the Japanese ones from Taka.

Mooncake recs

Comment

ohhh Mooncake Festival ... pretty lanterns and beautiful full moon. Will be celebrating with my family and enjoy the reunion with nice home made moon cakes and fragrance jasmine tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Joce7878
          Marina Mandarain, Raffles Hotel (Champagne truffles mooncake ) and Ritz Carlton.
          Joce, i believe she's referring to places in Perth. Coz she's in perth right now

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris
            Joce, i believe she's referring to places in Perth. Coz she's in perth right now
            Oops... haha... blur me sorry!

Maybe I can freight some over?

Comment

Does anyone know if Raffles Hotel has got a booth at the Takashimaya Mid-Autumn Festival "moon-cake carnival"? I'm thinking of getting those champagne truffle mooncakes but I don't want to go down to Raffles Hotel. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                Does anyone know if Raffles Hotel has got a booth at the Takashimaya Mid-Autumn Festival "moon-cake carnival"? I'm thinking of getting those champagne truffle mooncakes but I don't want to go down to Raffles Hotel. TIA
                They do have the booth but I'm not sure if they have the Champagne Truffle mooncakes. I'll like to know too.

Comment

i believe i saw the champagne ones at the taka booth.

Comment

Thanks, Karen. Thanks, Mich. I'll go check it out later.

Comment

Hainanese mooncakes are da bomb!

one of my elitist hainanese sentiments kicking in again.

Comment

wow! how much are the champage truffles mooncake?

Comment

I love the crown prince yam mooncake. not the normal baked one but with cripsy skin... Yum yum...

Anybody knows where got the best durian mooncake? I love durian too.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedust
                            wow! how much are the champage truffles mooncake?
                            Think SatinChris mentioned it's $29 for 8 mini mooncakes (with the 15% discount from UOB credit card)

Comment

Originally posted by Verda
                              I love the crown prince yam mooncake. not the normal baked one but with cripsy skin... Yum yum...

Anybody knows where got the best durian mooncake? I love durian too.
                              My vote goes to Goodwood Park for the durian mooncake.

Comment

Originally posted by burntpinkhair
                                Hainanese mooncakes are da bomb!

one of my elitist hainanese sentiments kicking in again.
                                they do look yummy. my mum and me were on a mooncake hunt last week and i spied the hainanese ones from a distance. promptly accepted the sample for testing from one of the ladies until my mum told me that it has pork bits in it.

i try not to take pork, especially in front of mum. she abstains from pork because of religious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X