No announcement yet.

Australia > Brisbane & GoldCoast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi happybean, there's no need to pre-buy, have never known the parks to be fully sold out so it's really up to you really. Won't be surprised that the GC tourism counters are at Centro Mall, they're pretty common around town. Weather in May/June could be overcast but given the amount of sunshine most year round Queensland in general, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

• Hey Cheese_lover, we'll probably be going a week after you. insurance-wise, haven't thought about it yet I think there is an existing insurance thread in cc - maybe that would be useful. ETA: this thread - http://forums.cozycot.com/travel/101...insurance.html

Thanks Ksychan for all your helpful responses

Comment

• Originally posted by happybean View Post
        Hey Cheese_lover, we'll probably be going a week after you. insurance-wise, haven't thought about it yet I think there is an existing insurance thread in cc - maybe that would be useful. ETA: this thread - http://forums.cozycot.com/travel/101...insurance.html

Thanks Ksychan for all your helpful responses
        Thanks Happy Bean! NTUC income seem like has good review!

Comment

• I am heading over to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast end of the month. Hope to get some tips from those who had been there:

Will be staying at Meriton Apartment at Southport as we are driving. So decided to opt for a cheaper stay away from Surfers Paradise. Wonder if there is any great shopping area or cafe around Southport that we can go?

For Broadbeach or the main beach area, are there any nice cafe for breakie in the morning that we "must go" and try? Or great coffee places

For Brisbane, any recommendation on nice romantic restaurant?

Lastly, will Wild and Wet be a great place to visit during first week of May? Will the weather be suitable for the activities over there?

Thanks heap for any help

Comment

• Gold Coast

Hi Will be going to GC in mid-June with my boys 14 and 18 for 8 day 6 nite. Book with travel agent free and easy. Was given this hotel Mantra Legends, anyone stayed there before? Any feeback? How do I go to the zoo from this hotel? Any other places we can do during the evening or free day. Our itenary from the agent as follows, appreciate and thanks for all the feedback.

12/6 Sin - Brisbane - Gold Coast

13/6 Free day

14/6 Movieworld theme park

15/6 Catch-a crab cruise tour (any chance of getting sea sick?)
            Mt Nathan Winery
            Abalone World

16/6 Harbour town outlet

17/6 Seaworld Theme Park

18/6 Free day

19/6 Zoo (flight: 11.45)

Comment

• Gold Coast

Sorry need to check can I bring cup noodle in australia, what other food can bring in? Is it easy to find chinese food in Gold Coast?

Comment

• Anyone going Gold Coast?

Comment

• Are you not planning for Dreamworld?

Comment

• Not going to dreamworld as my children doesn't go for the thrill rides.

Comment

• Flew scoot to Gold Coast in mid June. Dreamworld was a disappointment, really. A couple of rides were closed, and the rest were pretty normal. USS in Singapore is much better.

Harbourtown was awesome. There were a lot of sales going on. The cheapest top I bought was for AUD$4 if I remember correctly.

If you have time, do go for the 4wd tour. It's like a tour in the wilderness. It was really an eye opener

Comment

• im flying via scoot on 6 aug...1 more week to go...cant wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheung.Snower View Post
                          Sorry need to check can I bring cup noodle in australia, what other food can bring in? Is it easy to find chinese food in Gold Coast?
                          hi,
                          it is not advisable to bring any food item on plane or luggage. i heard they are very strict. am also going there in a months' time and was told this by a friend who works in a travel agency.

Comment

• Hello Travelistas (ok, i just made that word up!)

I came across this website that has like amazing getaway packages! Short Getaways -

I hope it helps!! :D

Comment

• Hello Travelistas (ok, i just made that word up!)

I came across this website that has like amazing getaway packages! Short Getaways -

I hope it helps!! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X