Australia > Brisbane & GoldCoast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeLeCiA
    Check out the rides like Giant Drop and such to make your admission fee worth

The admission fee includes all rides in the park?

Comment

yeah no other charges for rides cos the admission fees cover it all!

Comment

Thanks nat

I'm actually thinking of going GC in december (free & easy). Anyone has any hotels to recommend besides Chevron Renaissance?

I was thinking of staying somewhere near the theme parks but is it far from the shopping areas?

TIA!
        Last edited by qiu; 26-09-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

the theme parks are all located quite a distance from each other

the last time i went, i stayed in nara sea resort, which is in seaworld

the transport is quite convenient
          else u can arrange for pickups to go to the theme parks

for more information, do visit this webby

Goldcoast Info

let me know via PM if u need help!

Comment

don't bother trying to find accom near the theme parks. there's NOTHING else there other than the parks so it's no point. look for accomodation in surfers' broadbeach, labrador. there's good food and decent shopping and is easy to get to by bus or walking if you're up to it.

try this site too: www.lastminute.com.au

warning: Dec is close to schoolies week so might be swarmed with high school kiddies.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I stayed at Legends Hotel at Surfer paradise when i was in GC last year. Its quite convenient within walking distance to the shopping areas and the beach.

i booked my accomodation in this website: http://www.qantasholidays.com.sg/

Places to visit:
                1) of course the famous theme parks (we spent one day at a theme park total 3 days! n you can actually buy the tickets at surfer paradize those tour agency counters its actually CHEAPER)
                2) Harbourtown Outlet Shopping Centre (bought alot of stuffs there and do check out the Nike Factory outlet nice and cheap!)
                3) Pacific Fair (IMO don't bother to go to the Dracula's nearby the Pacific Fair, me and my husband nearly fall asleep during their skits better spend the $$ to have a real good dinner instead. )

basically shopping, suntanning and themeparks for us, you will definitely buy lots of bikinis, flipflps slippers, bags, beach shorts etc.

its really a tourist's paradise! But we miss Melbourne alot goldcoast visit once enough
                Last edited by cc_lia; 29-09-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

opps, its been a while since someone posted in this thread. hope i'll get some reply tho..hee

i'll be gg to GC in june...i'm looking for only a 3 stars hotel.. any recommendations???

also, its winter in june, but winter in GC is not really very cold right. normal sweater we use in a cold office in singapore wud do??

TIA!!!

Comment

ya.. dont think it will be too cold, i guess at the most it will be 10 degrees. But it probably be much higher than that.
                    Sorry, dont know any recommendations for hotels.
                    But, does someone know when the summer sales are??

Comment

OMG!!! Qantas is offering very cheap air tickets to Australia, travel between June - 30 Sep Must book by tomorrow 5pm!

Comment

how cheap is cheap??

Comment

SIA has offer today, very cheap too! i paid about $650 for my SQ tickets that's including taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmopolitan
                            SIA has offer today, very cheap too! i paid about $650 for my SQ tickets that's including taxes.
                            wow!! thats such a wonderful offer!! how did you get to know about it?

Comment

**deleted**
                              Last edited by Jacquel83; 13-07-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

my info may be a bit outdated...but here's the markets as i remember...

BRISBANE

Southbank Market

Arts, crafts and food stalls.
                                Fri 5pm-10pm, Sat 11am-5pm, Sun 9am-5pm

Valley (Chinatown) Market
                                Eclectic array of new and pre-loved goods ranging from books to vinyl, clothes, plants, household goods and Asian imports. It is often the stomping ground for Brisbane's emerging designers.
                                Brunswick & Chinatown Malls, Brisbane; Sat & Sun 8am-4pm.

Eagle Street Pier Arts & Craft / Riverside Market
                                Sun 8am - 3pm

Brizzie Markets

GOLD COAST

Carrara Market - Sat n Sun morn - arvo

Surfers Paradise Market - Fri night

Tambourine Mountain Market - Sun (i think?)

SUNSHINE COAST

Eumundi Market
                                You can buy some excellent art works here, and relish your choice as you indulge in a massage or lunch in one of the cafes and restaurants.
                                Memorial Drive, Eumundi
                                Every Saturday & Wednesday 6.30am-2pm

Comment

Working...
                                X