No announcement yet.

Bintan Short Getaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dollishchic: what's the spa rate between bintan and batam? any idea?

Comment

• tiffy sorry i didn't do spa at bintan so can't advise

Comment

• dollishchic: it is okay, you have already provided me with quite good info! thanks!

Comment

• I'm back from my short break! Nirwana was fine, a little old but I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel and it was ok for the few days that I stayed. I was there in the middle of the week but it was more crowded than I expected, mainly with foreign tourists.

Weather was hot in the mornings & rainy from about 2 to 4 in the afternoon which meant that was the best time to get a massage.

I went for a spa treatment at Martha Tilaar and it was fabulous! The spa only opened in March this year so it's still very new; cleanliness, decor and environment is equivalent or better than a top end spa in Singapore. The therapist I had was excellent & really worked out all the knots in my over stressed body. Prices were more reasonable than Aroma spa.

I booked through the mini mart at the Nirwana resort hotel but you can also book via email [email protected]. They actually had more treatments available than what they emailed me and what was shown at the Nirwana mini mart.

Meals were kind of patchy. I had a couple of good meals at the hotel and a couple of bad meals and as everyone mentioned, it's not very cheap but I kind of expected it to be more so no real issue for me.

However, there is a small hawker center located directly opposite the Martha Tilaar spa where I had dinner after my treatment. The hawker center is for the staff at the resorts when they are off duty so it was really cheap. There are only a few stalls open, I had a bowl of bakso mie (meatball noodles) for 10,000 rupiah (S$1.45) and a cup of teh susu for 4,000 rupiah. The bowl of noodles are Indonesian sized serving (pretty small) but it was really yummy.

There were also a couple of provision shops there where I grabbed some drinks, keropok and ice cream before heading back to the hotel. These shops & the hawker center are actually more for the hotel staff & locals so they only take rupiah, luckily I had some left over from a biz trip. That bowl of bakso mie was the cheapest and best meal I had the entire trip!

It was a nice break to re-charge my batteries, thanks for the advise & help from all the cotters who posted.

Comment

• Banyu Biru or Angsoka or Angsana?

Hi Cotters,

Have any of you been to Bintan in a large group? I am trying to decide between Banyu Biru, Angsoka and Angsana suites. Any help would be most appreciated.

En-q, the spa sounds fabulous. I am very tempted! Do they provide transport from Bintan resorts?

Comment

• Originally posted by en-q View Post
              I'm back from my short break! Nirwana was fine, a little old but I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel and it was ok for the few days that I stayed. I was there in the middle of the week but it was more crowded than I expected, mainly with foreign tourists.

Weather was hot in the mornings & rainy from about 2 to 4 in the afternoon which meant that was the best time to get a massage.

I went for a spa treatment at Martha Tilaar and it was fabulous! The spa only opened in March this year so it's still very new; cleanliness, decor and environment is equivalent or better than a top end spa in Singapore. The therapist I had was excellent & really worked out all the knots in my over stressed body. Prices were more reasonable than Aroma spa.

I booked through the mini mart at the Nirwana resort hotel but you can also book via email [email protected]. They actually had more treatments available than what they emailed me and what was shown at the Nirwana mini mart.

Meals were kind of patchy. I had a couple of good meals at the hotel and a couple of bad meals and as everyone mentioned, it's not very cheap but I kind of expected it to be more so no real issue for me.

However, there is a small hawker center located directly opposite the Martha Tilaar spa where I had dinner after my treatment. The hawker center is for the staff at the resorts when they are off duty so it was really cheap. There are only a few stalls open, I had a bowl of bakso mie (meatball noodles) for 10,000 rupiah (S$1.45) and a cup of teh susu for 4,000 rupiah. The bowl of noodles are Indonesian sized serving (pretty small) but it was really yummy.

There were also a couple of provision shops there where I grabbed some drinks, keropok and ice cream before heading back to the hotel. These shops & the hawker center are actually more for the hotel staff & locals so they only take rupiah, luckily I had some left over from a biz trip. That bowl of bakso mie was the cheapest and best meal I had the entire trip!

It was a nice break to re-charge my batteries, thanks for the advise & help from all the cotters who posted.
              Is Martha Tilaar beside the Nirwana Resort Hotel? Or do we need to take cab to go there?

Pls advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by daybreak.rose View Post
                cherrycola, ur upgrade was free? i booked the seaview units when i went on the 6-8th jun wkend!!!

star, depending on which resort u stay, i stayed in mayang sari and they had free soft drinks for us. else you can go to pasar oleh oleh, it's a old kampung looking market which sells drinks and snacks in those mama shops... HTH
                How do u go to pasar oleh oleh? Is it by cab or by steps?

Comment

• Hi,

Can I use SGD in pasar ole ole?

Comment

• quincyjx, can take shuttle bus, $6 to and fro. think nirwana got more time slots, bintan lagoon got 2 only. think u can email the resort and ask for the timing. book when u are there. first come first serve.

Penny, they accept SGD. i didn't change any rupiah when i travel to Bintan, using all SGD.

Comment

• lalaland,

Thanks for your infor!

Comment

• Sorry for the late reply ice kacang & quincyjx... The Martha Tilaar spa does provide free transport as long as you spend more than S$60, this is pretty much the same as the other spas. It's not next to the Nirwana Resort hotel, you do need to take transport there. The people at the spa told me it's not far from Pasar Oleh Oleh but I have no idea if it's possible to walk from Pasar Oleh Oleh or not.

The spa was willing to send me to Pasar Oleh and have the driver wait for me if I wanted to eat there so that's also possible, just need to let them know.

Comment

• anyone tried "smuggle" people in before? We booked a room for 2 but last min a friend decided to join us. At the same time, we want to save on any cost if possible.

Is it risky? Cause i know that they pick us up at the terminal

Comment

• Originally posted by miffies View Post
                            anyone tried "smuggle" people in before? We booked a room for 2 but last min a friend decided to join us. At the same time, we want to save on any cost if possible.

Is it risky? Cause i know that they pick us up at the terminal
                            it's risky but you can try. they don't check, can just board their bus.. then when you are at the hotel, maybe the 2 of u can just go check in and your friend can wait at the side.. but don't let the staff spot u

if you are really caught, then can just add a bed ***.. 3 is still ok.. if you have more, then will be more exp.. need to get more rooms if you are caught.. lol.

Comment

• Any reviews on Pasar Oleh Oleh Spa and Martha Tilaar Spa? I feel the spas at hotels are way too expensive. So would like to check whether the above 2 spas are good?
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Bintan

hie evy1..

im going to bintan *** my SO next month..

having a dilemma now.. i duno whether to choose Nirwana or Bintan Lagoon.. will be staying in deluxe room.but i need all of ur recommendation.. will be staying 2d1n..

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X