Do you shop alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you shop alone?

just wondering..do you shop alone? what r the pros and cons?

i feel that there's a lot of freedom to shopping alone, can try on clothes and browse freely without worrying about other people waiting for you, and dont have to bother about other people's opinions about the things you are buying. also when i want to find people to go shopping with me, i need to find those within the same budget as me (shop the same places as me).

but of course the downside is feeling lonely and bored because no one to accompany, end up just buy and go home, also quite meaningless..
    if its nearby places (on the way home) quite alright, but for places like town, have to dress up, travel all the way there, shop alone and then travel home, doesnt sound very fun

that's what i feel, share your opinions on this!=)

I used to hate shopping alone because I would think that people would look at me as though I was a loner. However, I just did some solitary shopping last Thursday and I enjoyed it! I even had a nice chat with one of the salesgirls. I live in town so generally I do not have a problem getting from place to place unless I am going to somewhere far like Woodlands.

Comment

I also enjoy shopping alone sometimes. Like what you said, there is no need to worry about making your friend wait while you try on clothes, which can be pretty embarrassing if you are trying on several pieces and your friend is waiting for you.

As for the downside, there is no one else to give you honest opinions, such as the clothes look strange on you, it's too expensive for a simple tank top, etc.

Comment

Personally I love to shop alone. I have all the time and freedom to go from one shop to another, trying out clothes without any friends restriction.

My hubby understand me well and usually leave me to shop and when I'm finished, just give him a call, he make my perfect shopping mate.

After shopping, perhaps meet friend for coffee and chat about my purchases won't be so lonely after all!

Most of the time I have my hubby around, we will have ice cream or catch a bite after my shopping, so it's quite alright!

Comment

I actually prefer shopping alone. Don't have to wait for friends. Especially when our tastes are so different. And I love to shop on weekends in the morning, no crowd at at all!

Comment

why not? yes i do, and i enjoy shopping alone. Less interference, and more freedom. If it a must, i will choose to go shopping with my mummy as she got good taste. Once a while, i do enjoy with frens and hubby.

Comment

yup... I dont mind and enjoy shopping alone, but when it comes to buying clothes, I do prefer to shop with my sister (who are very honest to me), or my fashionista friends...

Comment

nowadays it's harder to find friends to shop with because of our different timetables and commitments that i think i'll just end up shopping alone. i go out with my SO during weekends but as you can guess, we mostly walk around and window shop together cos i dont like the idea of him standing in a ladies clothes shop and waiting for me to try on clothes, even though he tells me he doesnt mind. end up always nv buy anything home.

Comment

I like to shop alone if I have in mind what to get.
                  Like example, a new moisturiser.
                  Then I can go about looking and testing many different types and brands of moisturisers without worrying about anyone else feeling bored.
                  I can take my own sweet time and go about doing it.

Comment

i usually shop with SO. lol agree that it's hard to find friends to go with you cos of different commitments and schedules. Pros is that u shop faster, u can slowly browse through and try on the clothes. Cons is that, after shopping i will be hungry, then i will look for food. But it gets so lonely when u are eating alone outside. haha!

Comment

i prefer shopping alone cos i make decisions pretty fast. once i set my eyes on an apparel, i will buy it i don't like making comparisons and trying on too many clothes

Comment

im one of e weird girls who really likes to shop alone. i hardly can get anything if im shopping with friends or SO. even if i buy them, after a while, i wont really wear or use them already....

but when i shop alone, i feel that im more 'efficient', i can just zoom to the area i want and then hit another side without having to wait or make a person wait for me. i feel very uncomfortable, thus unable get anything....

also shopping alone leaves me more time to decide buy or not, without the influence of friends who most likely will ask u to buy! hehe

Comment

My hubby goes shopping with me most of the time on weekends unless he has something on and cannot keep me company, then I will have my own shopping time alone... I also prefer shopping alone reason same as what most of the cotters has mentioned here.

Comment

Hmm, come to think of it, I guess I prefer to shop alone too. My boyfriend gets bored at times so I try not to bring him along.

Comment

I loves shopping alone. I'm the kind of person can only go out for movies, coffee and makan with friends. When it comes to shopping, I got no mood if i'm with someone else. I'll just window shop, never can get anything.

The worse case is going shopping with someone of different budget and taste altogether. I went shopping with a friend before and she's the type will look at power suits and expensive boutiques. Can never imagine going with her to places like Bugis Street, Chinatown etc... she'll freak out. And obviously we have different tastes. she's never one for casual dressing and whatever I pick up will look cheapo in her opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X