Cabin Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Crew

the previous thread was locked and i'm not sure why.

in any case, much of the info in the previous thread was "outdated", eg: application and walk-in recruitment dates, so let's start a new one here.

anyone is currently with northwest/JAL or any other airlines?
    i am interesting in flying, but i'm definitely not SIA calibre. i have good features, but pithole and acne scars.

any suggestions which airline i could try out for? i do love travelling.

Originally posted by augmience View Post
    the previous thread was locked and i'm not sure why.

in any case, much of the info in the previous thread was "outdated", eg: application and walk-in recruitment dates, so let's start a new one here.

anyone is currently with northwest/JAL or any other airlines?
    i am interesting in flying, but i'm definitely not SIA calibre. i have good features, but pithole and acne scars.

any suggestions which airline i could try out for? i do love travelling.
    I doubt any airline is recruiting soon due to the economy now. I only heard the next recruitment for Emirates will be in April but successful applicants must be based in Dubai. As for British Airways, they just held a recruitment drive recently & its turnover rate is very little. Japan Airlines has recently announced that they may request cabin crew to take a 2mth unpaid leave so definitely not seeing any employment soon either. We just have to hope that things get better so that airlines will soon be employing

Comment

does anyone know if SIA will be hiring soon?

Comment

Most airlines I believe are taking a wait and see approach right now.

higgledy has summarised what some of the airlines are doing now...

To add on to that, I believe that United are closing or have already closed their Singapore base. BA, CX just recruited a large batch last year, hence I dun think they are taking anymore at the moment, as their cabin crew is for Singapore base. JL just hired a batch too recently and I read that the cabin crew are getting v few flights at the moment.

You can try for the foreign based Etihad, Qatar and Emirates.

But honestly, even if u are hired now, there is a possiblity that you may be let go, if the aviation industry gets worse. I would suggest that you wait out the recession first and try for cabin crew again as the aviation industry picks up.

Comment

i did not realise that airline companies are so affected by the recession. i thought only those in the finance industry were adversely affected. quite shocking to hear that some may be getting employees to take unpaid leave!
          are airlines cutting flights? the only one i've heard of is SIA cutting flights to New York.

Comment

ANA too ! reducing flights to China and India.
            Last edited by Glitter; 02-02-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

IIRC, SIA is reducing flights to Oz, China, India, Thailand, Europe and USA.

Comment

Singapore Airlines suspends some flights amid downturn

Don't be surprised if SQ asks their staff to take no pay leave too...

When the financial industry gets affected, ppl stop travelling, hence loads drop. Aviation industry always get a direct hit from any downturn.

Comment

any Cabin Crew here used to love their jobs but now dislike it?

i've a few friends who used to love their jobs, but over the years, grew to hate it. maybe it's the culture or the having-to-do everything job on flight.

Comment

I think they're burnt out. Being a cabin crew (or any service provider job for that matter) can be a very thankless job.

Comment

in previous recruitments the bond was stated as 20 months but i just read in the cabin crew facts that the bond is now 5 years?? i thought the 5 years was an extension of the contract following the first 2 years. i'd think twice about joining if i'm bonded for 5 years..

did i understand it correctly?

Comment

yup! i think u understood it correctly!

last yr wehn i read it it was 2 yrs!! the 5 yrs bond is pretty much a big turn off...

Comment

Originally posted by faerie63 View Post
                          in previous recruitments the bond was stated as 20 months but i just read in the cabin crew facts that the bond is now 5 years?? i thought the 5 years was an extension of the contract following the first 2 years. i'd think twice about joining if i'm bonded for 5 years..

did i understand it correctly?
                          Where did you read this? What's this cabin crew facts?

AFAIK, the bond is 22 months (inc 4 months training), but the contract is five yeas. After the 22-month bond, u are free to leave without penalty, but if u complete the five-year contract, u get a gratuity.

Comment

ave, you're talking about SIA right?

Comment

will SIA gonna conduct interview again due to the economic downturn????

i heard many cabin crew were put on standby... therefore they r getting only basic... no travel allowances...

Comment

Working...
                              X