Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you/your family split the living expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you/your family split the living expenses?

so who pay for the following bills:

House loan
    Car loan & petrol, etc.
    Electricity/water/phone bills
    Groceries
    Insurance
    Maid/Childcare
    School fees/kids expenses

does your hubby gives you allowance/ hold his atm card??

usually the most bills like utility paid by partner , then if ur buying ur own things , will use own money

Comment

my hubby will pay for most of the things except i will pass for my own insurance and expenses....

Comment

mMMM.. I pay my own stuff eg insurance, shopping etc... kids education mostly paid by Baby Bonus. I do chip in some misc at times...

Comment

actually, we have a joint account for household expenses.
          so every month we'll contribute a fixed amount into this account& use it to pay utilities, town council, phone, groceries etc and the excess will be kept as a form of savings for a rainy day

other than it, personal stuff we'll pay our own

Comment

I guess it depends on how much your the other half earns. My husband earns more than me, he'll pay for everything including my phone bills, but I pay for my own insurance. I've my own income and he gives me allowance too, thus don't see the need to have his atm card although he gives me the pin number.

Comment

When I worked we used my income to pay for all expenses except home repayment and holidays, husband's income was used for home repayment, holidays and savings as we only have joint bank accounts. Now I don't work he pays for everything and I spend what I need as required.

Comment

My hubby doing family business so his car,petrol,parking etc under company expenses.
                For my own shopping, he gave me 3 supp. cards to use.
                For groceries and misc expenses, we take turns to pick the tab.

Comment

Hubby pays for car and mortgage and dinner for the both of us ... I pay for my own expenses, baby's necessities, utilities, hp bills, internet bills etc

Comment

This is what we do every month -

House loan (CPF: Hubby 70%, me 30%)
                    Car loan & petrol, etc (His company paid him $1K per month)
                    Electricity/water/phone bills (PUB bills - from the $400 allowance Hubby gave, Phone bill he pay)
                    Groceries - From the $400 allowance he gave
                    Insurance - Hubby
                    Dog food - alternate

My hubby give me $400 per month for home stuff, PUB, his dinners. So far still managed to save some money from my own pay and able to get stuff for myself.

We are planning to have kids, so maybe 50: 50 see how. Every month he is very broke. So see how things goes.

Comment

hubby pay for everything while i pay for my own hp bills and monthy contributions to my parents.

Comment

My hubby wants me to help pay as he claimed he had paid till the extend.. For years, I thought it was true (cos I always believe him). Recently just realised, he saved it instead. ai~ To think my partner lies to me for years & I then realised I'm the idiot in this house.

I mean saving it's not a bad thing but why lie?

Comment

Working...
                        X