No announcement yet.

Would You Get A Tattoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• according to the tattoo artist, he told me it's cos the needle is going over inked areas again during touch-up. so even if skin has healed, it's "rawer" than uninked areas. also when touching up, they tend to "fill in" or thicken.
    i agree - my touch up was more painful but still bearable. i felt that my ankle tattoo to be more bearable than my eyeliner embroidery!

Comment

• ohh I see... I always thought once the skin has peeled and looks healed, it's ok already.

Lucky thing the filling in of colours is less painful than outlines, as this time I have a lot more filling in to do.

Comment

• Thought about it when i was a teenager (AHAHAHAHA)
        Then I decided not to because my friend was telling me that "Can you imagine, if you're havoc when you're young and get a tattoo of.. say, a giant dragon on your back because you think it's cool and then when you grow old, it'll look all shrivelly and 'ugh'"
        I've seen plenty of girls with tattoos of butterflies on their back(near the neck), looks pretty now, not so pretty when the skin grows old and wrinkly.
        so yeah. my 2 cents.
        Besides, its a waste of money to go through pain to tattoo it on, and then more money and pain to get it lasered off.

Comment

• Bound to regret once you get it tattoo. Maybe not advice to. Girls have such flawless skin, although it is artistic to have some tattoos on some parts of the body, but not everyone sees it as artistic. You know what those aunties willl say about having tattoos. They think of loansharks, ah beng, ah lians.

Comment

• haha. getting a tattoo to me its not so much about "bad impression", its more of own perception.
            wondering those celeb who has a tattoo, does it mean they are ah bengs or ah lians, since some are even international icon. however, it still bounce back to square one, perception

Comment

• Those celebs look so cool in their tattoos.

Comment

• In old days, tattoos were associated with 369. Gradually it became a beauty tool (yes those tattooed brows and eyeliners that turned green with time). Not to mention they are still done as a cultural thing with some tribes.

Now tattoos have evolved and its no longer a taboo. It's a personal statement; a personal choice; and to me, people who associate this art as a bad stereotyping is just passe.

I've got one for years and it reminds me of a new chapter of life. I have wanted to do another but have not found a reason to do it

Comment

• I see middle-aged women/men having tattoos and I still think they look good.. anyway skin will age when you grow old, people also cover up more, so I don't see what's the harm in getting a tattoo. Not like not having a tattoo will make you age slower or age more gracefully.

I think tattoos are a form of self expression, doesn't necessarily have to look great. I do think people with tattoos are more interesting looking

Comment

• Originally posted by roxiehart View Post
                    ohh I see... I always thought once the skin has peeled and looks healed, it's ok already.

Lucky thing the filling in of colours is less painful than outlines, as this time I have a lot more filling in to do.
                    Hm, I felt that my shading is more painful than my outline. But according to my artist he said different people feel differently about the two. So

Comment

• For me, outline was more pain than shading. The outlining set a higher threshold so the rest was still not so painful. But then, it depends on which part of the body. Some boney parts are not so tolerant.

The only thing I couldn't quite stand was the needle sound. So before he started, I put on my earphone playing chemical brothers cd.

Comment

• u're right ~ it was the needle sound that really gave me the chills! i was listening to coldplay & greenday LOUD! only have one on my inner ankle & it hurt when it went over the bone but pain was less intense without noise.

not sure if I've have another part of my body inked cos I don't have another significant phase of my life or an inspiration that I see living with forever. It's been 3yrs since I last inked & I'll be approaching mid-30s soon -- no regrets whatsoever with my tattoo

Comment

• Am I the only person who finds the sound of the needle addictive? Each time I watch Miami Ink or LA Ink on TV and hear the sound I'm like "wheeee" Haha.

Comment

• My ex boyfriends still can't accept it when i asked them if i should do a tattoo on my body. Though they are the fashionable type, but when it comes to tattoo issue, they tend to be quite conservative and think that girls don't look good in tattoos at all.

Comment

• Would You Get A Tattoo?

i have one. intend to do more but my bf says no hahaha.

Comment

• To me its rather painful, so I will not get a tattoo. Though I find it very artistic, but still my parents won't like it as they are very conservative. I admire those girls who did it, they are really brave enough to tolerate the pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X