Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone found a job or on the lookout for one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone found a job or on the lookout for one??

I've feeling depressed as i can't find a job for the past 4 months. I'm currently employed but looking for greener pastures as there is neither growth nor pay increment in the company.

I have yet to find a job too...so worried ...have just graduated for about 3 months already

Comment

im jobless too... didnt see any jobs that interest me so far... sigh

Comment

Just jobless.. I quitted my previous job to help my mother at her bubble tea stall.. Business was not good.. It was sold in the end.. Now start looking for jobs.. But don't what I like now.. Staying at home for almost 3 weeks, getting bored Hope can find one soon..

Comment

Maybe can try temporary/contract positions to tide over this rough period?
          By year end, more people will get laid off. Be prepared to compete with a larger pool of jobseekers.

Comment

I am also jobless too... but am actively looking for job.
            Just an advice to those who are currently employed but may not like their job....
            this is not the best of time to quit your job to be in a look out for greener pasture.

Currently the job market is really bad... a pool of my friends and i whom are graduates from reputatable universitys with good grades are finding great difficulities in finding job already. So i really envy those currently employed now... stick to it till the economy becomes better

Comment

You are not alone. I am in the same boat as you.

Comment

I have a job, just 'started', it's part-time. but coz of recent events i need to get a full-time job ASAP but the guy who hired me doesnt want to let me leave i haven't even signed a contract or gotten a letter of appointment so technically i don't have to stay but he's adamant on me staying coz of his personal reasons.. and i feel bad about going back on my word.. i feel so obliged to stay and irresponsible if i don't but i really need a full-time job.

Comment

A friend told me this a couple of days back. The company needs a secretary for a certain department (large co.), paying $1.8K/ month. For the last few years, only Malaysians have been filling this position.

Currently, they're seeing local fresh grads (from NUS/ NTU) applying for this position.

Let's face it, there just isn't demand for general skills and degrees, sad to say, at this point in time and in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_hgls View Post
                    I've feeling depressed as i can't find a job for the past 4 months. I'm currently employed but looking for greener pastures as there is neither growth nor pay increment in the company.
                    On a positive note you still had a job, there are many others who are jobless. In this difficult times guess we had to bear a while ba.

I am staying in a shitty position where we operation staff still has to be the sales manager's sales slave and faced with nasty customers but i am still glad i got a job. In the meantime just bear with it Tough times dont last but tough men last.

Comment

BG,

I learnt something from your sentence: Tough time do not last but tough man last. I must learn to be stronger. And tough. MC today because I hate going to work, but at least, I have a job, though a shitty one.

Comment

Originally posted by faerie63 View Post
                        I have a job, just 'started', it's part-time. but coz of recent events i need to get a full-time job ASAP but the guy who hired me doesnt want to let me leave i haven't even signed a contract or gotten a letter of appointment so technically i don't have to stay but he's adamant on me staying coz of his personal reasons.. and i feel bad about going back on my word.. i feel so obliged to stay and irresponsible if i don't but i really need a full-time job.
                        it's irresponsible for him to ask you to stay i you don't want to.since it's a part-time job, u *** leave.

Comment

im right now in a temp job but actively seeking for full time but so far companies for temp keep calling me. but i don mind if i can learn and expose more experiences.

but temp pay really sucks!just gotta suck it up also.

Comment

im like you. i just started but i do want to get another job if possible. thankful to be drawing a pay than no pay but 1 must keep their options open. but i have not sent out any resumes yet. dont give up all!

Comment

Last year I found a job 3 months after I graduated. It was already very stressful because most of my fellow school mates were already employed. I grabbed whatever offer I had even though it's the worse paid in terms of salary and renumeration and working hours compared to my friends. 6 months later, looking at the job market, i'm thankful that i secured a position anyhow. Because I have to pay my tuition fees which I loaned, and even though my pay was not the best at least it's still some kind of income.

So girls, if you're given any opportunity, don't be picky. Just grab and go if the offer isn't that bad. And yes, keep sending those resumes!!

Comment

Working...
                              X