Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids sick during exam

HI mummies,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before... before i speak to her teachers...

My kid's exam is just 2 days away. But she's still having high fever. Do u know of cases where the schools allowed students to sit for it - just the exam?

Or are there cases where schools allow the kids to re-sit?

Thanks!

What a coincidence. My P1 boy's exam is also 2 days away and he's been sick as well. have not been attending school since Monday.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, they do allow re-sit, providing you can show them the MC from your child's doctor.

For my boy's school, it was stated in the letter for the above information.

Speedy recovery for your girl!

Hths!

Comment

Originally posted by cherie View Post
      What a coincidence. My P1 boy's exam is also 2 days away and he's been sick as well. have not been attending school since Monday.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, they do allow re-sit, providing you can show them the MC from your child's doctor.

For my boy's school, it was stated in the letter for the above information.

Speedy recovery for your girl!

Hths!
      Thanks a lot Cherie!

I was getting worried as she's in P1 so it's her first exam and also the first time i saw her WORKING hard at it - so am hoping she won't be disappointed [yep my gal's usually quite a slob when it comes to work...] So now that she's waiting for it... hope she can go for it... =)
      [Fingers crossed!] Shall go find out if "re-sitting of exam" is applicable for her school.... Thanks!

Comment

My daughter was also sick over the weekend so I called up her teacher to enquire about the possibility of her missing her paper. Her teacher said that there are always dates set for students to "resit" their exams provided there is an MC provided on medical grounds. Most cases, these papers may vary depending to prevent cross-sharing of exam questions that came out. In more minor topics e.g. oral, if the child misses even the resit exam date, then the school will waive that and take the average based on a total that excludes that component. So for instance, if the Eng oral component is 10%, the total score for Eng would be taken as a total out of 90 instead of 100, where the oral component is no longer counted towards the final score. Hope this clarifies.

Comment

Thanks Ksychan and Cherie.

Her teacher said she can go for half day tom. just to take the exams if she's well enough. If not, would probably have to re-sit the exams another day. It's tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard that she'll recover asap and feel well! =)

Comment

Working...
          X