No announcement yet.

French, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it means 'hi, do you have the certificate of authenticity for the bag. if yes, could you send me a copy? thanks in advance'

Comment

let me try..

he is asking for a copy of some certificate of a bag?

hope it helps.

Comment

Gosh, you gals are wonderful!

Comment

Where do you gals pick up your French from? language schs like Alliance Francaise or did you take it up in uni?

Comment

Has anyone attended French lessons before? If you have, where did you attend your classes?

Also, is it a difficult language to master?

Comment

Hmmm...is French difficult? IMO, compared to English, it is. Compared to Italian, it is. Compared to German, it's not. I think the best, though most expensive, place to learn French will be <a href="http://www.alliancefrancaise.org.sg/">Alliance Francais</a>.

HTH!

Comment

anybody interested in taking up french?I feel like learning...

Comment

i'm taking elementary french now at Alliance Francaise AF has very good teachers and it's a good place to learn french, plus you get library membership where you can borrow books and even fashion magazines, there are cds and dvds for rent too. there are continuous french related activites held, like free singing lessons in french, weekly french movies screening, etc.

i feel that french is more difficult than english. be prepared for very strange pronounciation and lots of silent s, es, ent, h, etc...

at AF, it takes around 10 months to finish elementary level in french. you will only start learning past tense around the 4th month

Comment

Yeah, i was thinking of going to AF for french classes but i won't have the time to complete the whole course, as i'll be leaving for Australia around July.!

Still, I would really love to speak and converse in french bc it is such a beautiful language.

I guess it will have to wait till i'm older and have completed my studies.

Cosmopolitan: all the best with French alright? I'm sure you'll do well!

Comment

French lessons anyone?

I have a friend who is teaching French. Would like to find out if anyone is interested in Prviate Lessons so we can learn together? Can be practice buddies too.
                      Last edited by Dozalot; 03-12-2004, 01:20 PM.

Comment

hey gal,
                        how much are lessons?

Comment

my bf and i enrolled into french classes at a community centre abt 2yrs ago cos was having some french movie kick at that time, but sadly due to lack of practise, have all returned back to the French teacher.

Check out http://www.alliancefrancaise.org.sg/...ance Francaise but as expected, prices are pretty steep. Community centre courses will suit those on budget. Check out the PA website.

Comment

Originally posted by [/i]ange
                            hey gal,
                            how much are lessons?
                            I will check and get back.
                            I dont think he is charging me though
                            because I am his English teacher

But I will try to get a good rate for Cotters!

Comment

Hi all, for a group of four, he will charge each person $20 per hour. I think its reasonable as it is a smal group and there will be individual attention. Anyone interested do let me know.
                              Last edited by Dozalot; 03-12-2004, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Hy Dozalot, I am interested. In fact, I just rang Alliance Francaise up. So where would the lesson gonna be?

Comment

Working...
                                X