No announcement yet.

Violin lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My teacher charges $35 per lesson. I never actually took notice of the duration but I think it's 45mins or an hour. He's pretty good too. Has a degree in performance from U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with an engineering deg. I don't know if he's taking in anymore students though because he's a teacher with a secondary school too.

Anyway, it's not necessary to get European instruments (if you want better instruments). The Chinese violins from Synwin (their higher end instruments) are comparable if not better than some European instruments. While I didn't like any of the Czech violins I tried at Gramercy, I found a violin I really liked in Synwin. Chinese violins are good for smaller hands too. *grin* The stretches on the G string are horrendous on huge violins. *grin* All the best to all would-be violin lovers! It's a lovely lovely instrument to play.

Comment

how much did you guys pay for your violin? I paid about $170+ for a prillante violin

Comment

Any season violin players here know if Synwin violins are good?

Comment

hey hey cotters.... i'm in my twenties already but i'm still trying to look for good violin teachers... preferably on sat mornings.... anyone or anywhere to recommend? how much are the lessons anyway? TIA

Comment

hi.. i;m in my twenties and searching for a private tutor/school at west area..
            anyone has any idea?

i'm so keen to learn and i played trombone during my sec sch time. not sure whether u count that as music background..

Comment

For a start a mid range one would be good as it carries u further in future.China ones you use it for awhile & will wanna change it already

Comment

Learning violin

Hi,

Anyone know the cost of learning Violin from purchase an entry level violin to monthly (individual) lesson and not group classes.

Yamaha? or other private music school. Tia

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps you can contact Singapore Violin Lesson ? You can choose the violin teacher or tutor who very patient and teaching professionally.. Will PM you for details and hope that you'll find the best place or tutor to get violin lessons..

Comment

hi, can anyone advise what are the price range for middle range violin? ***** too late to start to learn violin at age 31?? Any recommendation?

Comment

any reasonably priced violin teachers in the west??

Comment

anyone has any recs for a teacher? pref female (but if you have recs for a good male teacher thats fine too).

i used to learn violin in pri sch, took grade 3. i hardly remember anything (maybe how to hold it haha) but it would be nice to pick it up again, seeing as i already have a decent violin and all

ps: i also need a new bow! mine broke. anyone knows where to get?

Comment

anyone knows how much does it cost to repair a spoilt violin string? where can i go for a more affordable price? i thought of taking up violin again after stopping for a few years.

is there some sound proof place where people can rent for an hour or so to practise their music? i don't feel good practising my violin at home, afraid that i'll disturb my neighbours.

Comment

you can just buy a new string from any music shop that sells violins and replace it yourself?

As for the violin practise, why don't you use a violin mute? I find that using that in an air con room with the windows and door closed is good enough. Can practise even while kids are sleeping.

Comment

actually i have no idea how to replace the string. i started learning it a few years ago but had to stop due to sch work.

what is a violin mute?

Comment

to connexion:
                                a violin mute muffles the sound of your violin. you place it on the bridge of your violin.

Comment

Working...
                                X