Violin lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Perhaps you can contact Ming Hui for violin lesson. She's very talented and has a lot of experiences. Will help you to learn violin. So sorry, but I don't really know about the price range and hope it help..

Comment

Originally posted by Connexion View Post
      anyone knows how much does it cost to repair a spoilt violin string? where can i go for a more affordable price? i thought of taking up violin again after stopping for a few years.

is there some sound proof place where people can rent for an hour or so to practise their music? i don't feel good practising my violin at home, afraid that i'll disturb my neighbours.
      it depends which string is broken but if u change the whole set will be ard $50... hope this help! =)

Comment

hi everyone, anyone has been to cristofori for their adult beginner's lesson? interested in learning violin too but i dun have any musical backgrd and dunno where to start... anyone keen to kearn *** me can pm me too

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post.. I'm looking for a good school/teacher to learn the viola, wonder if anyone knows where to start? Cos most of the popular schools only have violin lessons.. TIA.

Comment

but now it had been 22 days le. you teaching to all grade or just while. i thinking to have a violin lesson right now and i want to train till grade 3 and learn how to play that all. at least i want to try by going to the examination. if i can contine i may contine the lesson. while i just fourteen this year. i did not know will it be late. as i had some music background : piano & er-hu. i does not know may teach me or not? by i just wanted to ask you. that all and get more information. so maybe i may learn from you

Comment

Originally posted by binglei
              Hi, I've got my grade8 in theory,violin & piano >10yrs ago.
              I'm looking to teach part time @ $20/hr for beginners (adult/children). Lessons weekly, 1hr each. Rate can be cheaper if you live near me.
              PM me if interested to try out.

I Want To Learn. but i just fourteen this year will it be too late. i want to learn violin till to grade 3 and above. and i just wanted to learn how to play a violin at least i wanted to take some examinaton. that all. does not know i can get you to teach me? by i just askng right now but not for sure. i want to know more information, while i living in west side. by i dunwan to learn in my house.
              while i got some music background music : piano & erhu. wish you may reply me fast.

i chose you because. your fee is just right for me 20 dollar per hour ?
              it may be much cheaper then music school

Comment

Hi Xiaomuu,
                Not that I dunwan to reply u, but u turned off your PM, so I can't msg u. THe email function doesn't seem to work too. I sent u email last week only to realise this week that it doesn't work.
                Pls turn it on and PM me.

Comment

Gosh, I'd like to learn the violin too~ Is it true that people who are good at playing the violin wont be as good at the piano because you need rigid fingers for violin and flexible ones for the piano? Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to self-learn the violin ..

Comment

Nah... I started with piano 1st.... then later learn violin a few yrs later. It's much easier, and I got grade 8 in both in the same yr. I think for all kinds of instruments, u need flexible fingers, not rigid ones.
                    I think it's possible to "self learn" only after u have been taught the basic & necessary techniques... which means to say, in the beginning, at least for ~5 times, you will need a teacher to show & correct you on the posture, techniques.. after which, u can learn to play the pieces by yourself, provided you are hardworking can can learn fast.

Comment

Ohhh... i just bought myself a violin today! Impulsive, i must say. But since I have one already, violin sch, here I come!

Comment

I'm going to start my violin lesson next week. But I don't have any idea what type or brand of violin should I get. Hope someone can help me with some affordable violin's brand for beginner, and maybe some info on where can I get it & the price range. Thanks in advance

Comment

hi.. I know lots have asked, but I didn't see any answers yet. Hoping this one would get an answer
                          How old is too old to learn violin ( or any instrument)? I'm in my 30s with no musical background at all, but I'd really like to learn violin or guitar.
                          Also, when they say accept beginners, does it mean no background in music at all? tnx-tnx

Comment

I think there is no such thing as too old to learn anything.
                            Except, it might take more effort & longer to pick up, that's all.
                            I'm 30 this yr, had learnt piano & violin when I was young. Now, I'm starting to learn guzheng, and planning to learng yangqin & flute too. Never too late to learn.
                            Of cuz, with prior music background does help. Without music background, just need to put in extra efforts ***.

Beginners, there are 2 kinds.... 1 is totally no background like you, or, not yet taken grade 1, but has been exposed for some time. Of cuz, it is good to let your teacher know so the teacher can be prepared how to teach you.

Comment

hi binglei,
                              thanks for your reply. at least that gives me courage that i can still try to learn

Comment

Whatever u want to learn, it ultimately depends on your attitude/determination.
                                As I mention, I just started learning guzheng this yr. And to force myself to improve, I register for Grade2 exam end of yr. This is to force myself to practise...

Comment

Working...
                                X