• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artichoke View Post
    Is your teacher Sam Phua?
    Nope...I am Samantha Phua...e one learning lol

Comment

OH my!!! my violin exam is 2 days away!!!!!!!!!! sooooo scared!!!!!!!

Comment

where can i buy violin for a beginner? and how much does it range?

Comment

I don't know if synwin's violins have good quality but maybe you can consider it. For me, I bought cheap violin at one of music store at Park Lane Mall-Dhoby Ghaut. My violin is Prillante and cost me around $189.

Comment

Hi I've been thinking about taking up violin lessons for years...is it better to go for one-to-one classes or a school? Am considering Cristofori...

Comment

Know someone with long arms but small hands and shortish fingers.

What violin should she get? 3/4 or 4/4?

Comment

Adults to get 4/4

Comment

Anyone know of any music shops that sell music stands of sturdy quality? Synwin?

Comment

Hi, am keen in taking up violin lessons again. Preferably one to one. At reasonable rates of < $30 per lesson. Looking for a female teacher who lives in the east and is experienced in teaching.

I had a brief experience on the violin back in JC but haven't touched it ever since. I've also got music background so my basics in theory are very much covered.

Pls kindly PM me if u offer lessons.

Thks!

Comment

you could search for violin lessons online, there's quite a no. of teachers offering private lessons.

To take note is, do find a violin teacher whom is able to teach well. It's important to start off with a teacher who is able to teach you proper foundation skills.
                      Last edited by truffle_lovers; 12-02-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Hi ,

I'm 36 and started picking up playing the violin 3 months back. I had zero music background and started from scratch. I'm taking private lessons from the teacher's place and he's a slave driver! But then I'm happy that I can finally play the violin which has been a dream from my childhood days!

Btw, not all adults learning the violin should get a full size 4/4 violin. For me I had to use 3/4 size cos I'm on the petite side and my hands are considered quite short. A few teachers I spoke to (when I made enquiries on the phone about looking for a private teacher) keep saying that adult need to have a full size violin! End up I had purchased a violin with the wrong size and it's now lying there collecting dust.

If anyone is interested to purchase a 2nd hand but almost brand new violin please do let me know. I have a Synwin 4/4 full size model SV3001 readily set up with Dominant strings and Wittner tailpiece to let go. I only used it for 1 week or so. You can check out the retail price at Synwin's website but I'm gonna let it go for a lower price. Interested parties please do email me at [email protected]

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm new here... I am planning to take up violin and will be at the adult beginner level. I checked out some schools/online ads and it seems that S$50 per lesson (~45mins +/-) is the average market rate? Or is that on the high side? For beginner level, how qualified/experienced should my teacher be?

I'll be glad to know if you have good violin teachers to recommend. Information like lesson location, teacher's qualification/experience, lesson rates, etc. would be very useful to me...

Thank you!

Comment

There are actually many ways of finding violin lessons to attend, from schools to private lessons.

Yes, the rates normally depends on the teacher's experience and qualifications. I'm currently with an undergraduate violin teacher who teaches at her home studio. She's rather patient and flexible, I find that I work well with her, perhaps because both of us believe that foundations and techniques are important before advancing to another piece or book.
                            Actually it'll be nice if you're able to seek for a violin teacher with high qualifications and extensive experience, but it depends on how much you're willingly to fork out for his/her rates though! And do take note the expenses of getting a new violin, bow, rosin, and other accessories which you may need.

Bear in mind that different teachers have their own method of teaching, do take into consideration that it's important to find a violin teacher whom is able to understand what you would like to achieve, advise accordingly and teach. The Suzuki method is just one of the many ways to learn violin, there are Doflein method, and etc, it'll be best to be expose to different methods whilst learning violin. Just my

It'll be helpful to start out with proper basics, foundations skills and learn the correct techniques, which for violin I find that it takes hard work and long hours of practicing to actually see progress though, but it's important that you don't allow that to dishearten your resolve and love towards learning the violin
                            Last edited by truffle_lovers; 23-02-2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by truffle_lovers View Post
                              There are actually many ways of finding violin lessons to attend, from schools to private lessons.

Yes, the rates normally depends on the teacher's experience and qualifications. I'm currently with an undergraduate violin teacher who teaches at her home studio. She's rather patient and flexible, I find that I work well with her, perhaps because both of us believe that foundations and techniques are important before advancing to another piece or book.
                              Actually it'll be nice if you're able to seek for a violin teacher with high qualifications and extensive experience, but it depends on how much you're willingly to fork out for his/her rates though! And do take note the expenses of getting a new violin, bow, rosin, and other accessories which you may need.

Bear in mind that different teachers have their own method of teaching, do take into consideration that it's important to find a violin teacher whom is able to understand what you would like to achieve, advise accordingly and teach. The Suzuki method is just one of the many ways to learn violin, there are Doflein method, and etc, it'll be best to be expose to different methods whilst learning violin. Just my

It'll be helpful to start out with proper basics, foundations skills and learn the correct techniques, which for violin I find that it takes hard work and long hours of practicing to actually see progress though, but it's important that you don't allow that to dishearten your resolve and love towards learning the violin
                              Hi! May I know how much you are paying for the lessons? Did you start without any background? I'm interested in learning violin or cello! Actually more interested in cello, but the instrument itself is so expensive

Comment

learning violin is quite difficult just remember to buy the not too ex violin to try out first ya you can always upgrade later

Comment

Working...
                                X