Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ataraxia
    I use an internet telephony, SKYPE!!

free for all international calls and quality is pretty good. just do a search for it on yahoo or something.

Skype is good if both parties are having broadband, with no other interference. Or the voice quality can get pretty choppy & irritating...

Comment

I have to connect with overseas clients all the time during work and my company uses 1511 or futuretel international phone call

Comment

Hi, does anyone know of a cheap calling card to call Australia?

Comment

i'm using skype too!

Comment

Re: Making overseas call

Originally posted by LittleTwinStars
            Anyone has any idea what is cheapest way to call Taiwan.

I have enquired from Singtel that the roaming charge is about $1.77/min and the person who is on auto-roaming will be charged on all the calls incoming and outgoing.
            LittleTwinStars

I use Sunpage iDD1521 to call taiwan... the rates can go as low as $0.08 per minute during off-peak hours (Mon-Sun 9pm to 8am). However, I know they charge a higher rate if you are calling a taiwan mobile number as opposed to fixed line.

HTH~

Comment

oh sunpage is definitely cheaper as compared to singtel's 019! sunpage is having a promo now whereby the 1st 450 mins are free than subsequently its $0.05 per min (correct me if im wrong)... HTHs

*** $0.05/min is for calls during off peak hours and to fixed lines only. free 450 mins is to a few countries and not only to 1 single country. ***
              Last edited by Lola; 01-04-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

oh no just realised sunpage isnt as cheap as singtel v019 if you're calling to a mobile line in australia. sunpage charges $0.47/min while singtel v019 is $0.31/min... is there cheaper rates around?

Comment

im using international calling card...$10 can last me up to a week or more...cheap and good....!!

Comment

cheapest way to call to perth?

dear all

may i know which is the cheapest way to make call to perth? i need to make frequent calls to perth as my family is there. any ideas? thanks a million!!

Comment

If both you and your family have broadband connection for your internet, you can try using Google Talk. http://www.google.com/talk/. In this case, you are just paying normal internet charges (like now when you are surfing) but you can talk to each other just like you are on the phone!

My parents are currently using this method to "call" my sis in Melbourne. The connection is very clear, just like using home line to call

Comment

Or try using Skype (www.skype.com), which is also a free internet service but you need broadband. Cheap phone cards are also available in Perth. You can ask your family to buy these to call you as the rates are cheaper than calling from Singapore. There is usually a connection charge plus about 1.5cents per minute. My friend used to buy her phonecards from a convenience store at the Perth city train station. I think she was using Ozcall but there are many other companies available as well.

Comment

alternatively, ask your parents to call you. my parents are there as well and my mum has one called GPS phone card. calls are about 1.9cents per minute. there are probably even cheaper phone cards around. you can get it at any provision store along william street. i believe most chinese/vietnamese stores have cheap phone cards.

today's Sunday Times (11th sept) has a write up on internet calls. page 38.
                          michannat
                          Cozy Star
                          Last edited by michannat; 11-09-2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I am also looking for cheap international calls to phone to Melbourne.. anyone knows? other than skype all those.. using Phone one.

Comment

there should be phone cards that are readily available in melbourne
                              lots of choices!

Comment

my parents bought a calling card which cost them sgd8 to call me (in perth). the card can make 300minutes worth of calls.

there should be many sellers around town centres along some hdb void decks. how about checking with them? they will be in a better position to advise you.

*the card they are currently using to call me has a big "1576" printed on the card, check it out
                                aerdna
                                Cozy Celeb
                                Last edited by aerdna; 14-09-2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X