Food good for dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food good for dieting

I'm looking for whole food such as oats; not the Quarker brand type as those has been processed. Does anyone know where I can find these?

And also protein bars that are about 100 calories each; I found these in Japan and am running out of them. Anyone has a clue where to get these as well?

And any other foods good for dieting to share?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if those are the bar you are looking for.. but NTUC has a lot of those healthy bar..

Comment

hi! i was just looking at some bars at the supermarket. theres this brand called "alpen" and if you take the "light" ones, they're less than 70cals per bar! sugar's only 5g or smth which is lesser than the rest ive seen. i always do a comparison

i read in shape's mag that soyjoy is good too & dont contain sugar except sugar frm the fruits. the least calories one would be hawthorne berry, 127cals i think?

i saw quaker's bar, they actually have chocolate/cookies&cream bars thats 90 cals?! i wonder how is that possible since theres chocolate in it!! i dno whether to try cos "chocolate" doesnt sound healthy to me altho its 90 cals. haha!

Comment

btw, does anyone know roughly how many cals are there in mr bean's salted biscuit? not the pancake!

Comment

I've seen Alpen but I don't know if they use whole oats..Gotta check it out.
          I'm trying to find low-fat, low-sugar protein bars but seems like the ones sold in Spore are pretty high-fat and high-sugar!

Comment

Taking high fibre food? help u reduce weight? Like orange?

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez View Post
              I'm looking for whole food such as oats; not the Quarker brand type as those has been processed. Does anyone know where I can find these?

And also protein bars that are about 100 calories each; I found these in Japan and am running out of them. Anyone has a clue where to get these as well?

And any other foods good for dieting to share?

Thanks.
              If i am not wrong, Quaker has a type that's not processed.

Comment

chicken breast - stir fry it.
                Keeps you full, gives you alot of protein per gram and low in calories.

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez View Post
                  I've seen Alpen but I don't know if they use whole oats..Gotta check it out.
                  I'm trying to find low-fat, low-sugar protein bars but seems like the ones sold in Spore are pretty high-fat and high-sugar!
                  hahah i have a box in front of me now. anw the ingredients state

"39% cereals - wheat, oats, rice"

per bar:
                  energy - 59kcal
                  protein - 1.2g
                  carbs - 11.8g
                  (of which sugars) - 5.2g
                  fat - 0.8g
                  (of which saturates) - 0.3g
                  fibre - 4.7g
                  sodium - 0.04g

my soyjoy bar states
                  energy - 126kcal

from what i rmb, there wasnt any mention of sugar so im not sure if theres sugar in it unless maybe the sweetness frm the fruits naturally? it didnt taste v sweet to me, and it tasted pretty healthy. kinda very chewy & baked. haha

if you do know any healthier bars, lemme know too! thanks

Comment

I usually pop a slice of cheese when I feel like snacking. 62kcal with a few grams of protein. Not bad.

I dont really eat bars. It doesnt make me feel satisfied and happy after I eat them

Comment

I used to eat a lot of Alpen Light or SoyJoy. Taste-wise, I prefer Alpen but their bars have lactose, and I am lactose intolerant.. so..

hitbyacheese: For Mr. Bean biscuits, they're about 80 - 100 calories tops. They're not good to eat too often because flour contains gluten. Consuming too much gluten can result in unwanted weight gain because of gluten intolerance. I think many of us are gluten intolerant but have yet to realise it! I know I am because of my IBS.

http://www.foodintol.com/celiac.asp

Comment

But even if one eats wheat-based stuff, like wheat bread, wheat pasta, you're still going to get fat.

100calories of chips vs 100calories of fruits..
                        Actually it's the same thing although their component might be different.

Personally i didn't feel any fuller when I eat more protein-based or whole food stuff but I do eat them to prevent muscle loss and for health. For me, I don't deprieve myself, I still cheat once every week with my favourite junk food. Just need to work a little harder when the weekend is over.

It's so difficult to find whole foods, 100calorie protein bars etc in Spore.

Comment

you'd only get fat if you're over consuming caloric requirements.

refeeds(cheat meals) is sometimes needed once a week to bump up your metabolism which slows down while on a prolong caloric deficit.

So don't feel bad but don't go on a binge, its psychologically uplifting and helps you compliant on the diet.

If the meals are too small to be full - esp for a smaller female which consumes around 1.3-1.5k calories a day then have lesser meals - e.g heavy breakfast and dinner with a before bed snack.

There will be some form of hunger for some on a caloric deficit but this is where you'd have to suck it up...

But at least the 2 meals of 750 cals would make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koakuma View Post
                            I used to eat a lot of Alpen Light or SoyJoy. Taste-wise, I prefer Alpen but their bars have lactose, and I am lactose intolerant.. so..

hitbyacheese: For Mr. Bean biscuits, they're about 80 - 100 calories tops. They're not good to eat too often because flour contains gluten. Consuming too much gluten can result in unwanted weight gain because of gluten intolerance. I think many of us are gluten intolerant but have yet to realise it! I know I am because of my IBS.

http://www.foodintol.com/celiac.asp
                            hi steph!!! hahah omg i finally found you! anyway, how do u know mr bean biscuits are 80-100 cals? eh not bad, i expected it to be more. lol!

i like soyjoy more than alpen. i find alpen too sweet eventho the one i got was one of the lowest in sugar already and i think soyjoy is more filling!

anyway,

zjaninez: check out www.larabar.com and www.lunabar.com. someone just sent me an email saying she plans to spree for the items, if you're interested, i can fwd you the email.

according to her,

L?RABARs
                            L?RABARs are a blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices - energy in its purest form.
                            It is 100% whole food, with no added sweeteners, fillers, supplements or flavorings. All ingredients are derived exclusively from the whole, raw food. It is uncooked and unprocessed.
                            Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO, vegan, kosher.

LUNA Bars
                            L?RABARs are a blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices - energy in its purest form.
                            It is 100% whole food, with no added sweeteners, fillers, supplements or flavorings. All ingredients are derived exclusively from the whole, raw food. It is uncooked and unprocessed.
                            Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO, vegan, kosher

if anyone knows abt these bars, feel free to comment! im not sure if it's true that they dont contain sugar. when i checked the nutritional facts for larabars, i saw 17g of sugar which is a lot?! but she said they're natural sugar frm the fruits so if someone can confirm on that, id appreciate it!

Comment

hitbyacheese: Sam, replied you on Twitter already.

Where can I get Luna Bars and Lara Bars? Many of the bars sold here usually contain nuts, dairy, lactose, gluten and a billion other things that I'm allergic to. =_=

Comment

Working...
                              X